little milestones

have just passed a milestone today, i had my first haircut in a barbers shop in about 10 years. He didn't even notice my scar. A little victory i know but it's a nice feeling that I'm sure you guys will understand.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

IH,

Sweet dude...I know what you mean. I haven't actually been to the barber yet because I've been cutting my own hair. but my hair is starting to get longer so I won't be able to use clippers anymore since I want it longer. The strange thing is brushing my hair and having static sometimes in drier weather. what's up with that? That hasn't happened since college icon_smile.gif. The joy of the little things icon_smile.gif

Bill

Cool, IH icon_cool.gif!

I'm happy for you, my friend! I have yet to make the jump from cutting my own hair to going back to the barber/stylist chair........maybe one of these days!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

This looks like a good thread to post my own recent milestone.

I had my own HT same day (or day before/after) as Irish homer.

Prior to my HT, I was able to see my balding crown looking into a mirror if I tilted my head down and looked up.

Now just 2 days prior to four months post op, I noticed I can no longer notice my [reverse] balding crown from the same perspective. However, I can very easily notice it using 2 mirrors. I've heard it takes longer for hair transplanted to the crown to grow compared with hair transplanted to the hairline & top of head.

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

all small indications that all is going well.

all these extra hidden costs of having hair, hair cuts, shampoos, gel. icon_biggrin.gif

good to hear my hair twin Midleson is doing well icon_smile.gif

IH

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Such little things can be so satisfying huh?? Glad to hear all is well for you mister Homer. Shortly you will be a changed man-- you'll be allowed into some of the old pubs again cause they won't recognize the old bloke. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Wait until your hair grows in and people start saying they like your new haircut. It's such a nice feeling and worth every cent

Happy growing

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by irish homer:

..good to hear my hair twin Midleson is doing well icon_smile.gif

IH

Hey irish homer!

(don't forget we're actually triplets...if memory serves, nobuzz also had HT same time we did icon_smile.gif)

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

IH, ..had a similar milestone this morning getting a haircut...had some trouble finding the donor scar.

Also, the person cutting my hair made this remark "you know, I've seen quite a few of these [HT's] before, and I've got to say this is the first one that I would lose a bet on. I mean I know you had it done, I can see the changes, but if I didn't already know I wouldn't be able to tell...it looks totally natural and I would have been willing to bet you never had one."

(it was kinda cool hearing that icon_smile.gif)

Come on month 5!!

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

cool Middleson, I knew you guys would understand this smallest milestone. Well done hair triplet icon_biggrin.gif, any news from number three ( no buzz) ?

IH

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

Guest wanthairs

Hello everyone....

Just had my first ht with Jeff Epstein. Im still waiting to find out how many grafts but I paid for 2900 and am a Norwood 6. I plan of having two more procedures totalling hopefully 7500 grafts to get decent coverage.I had done alot of research reading this and other forums before I chose Epstein, but one week post op I have loads of anxiety hoping I did the right thing. Can anyone here give me any feedback on Epstein, or should I get my future HT's from someonelse? Thanks guys !!!!

Wow wanthairs,

A HT isn't exactly a little milestone, it's a MAJOR milestone.

Congratulations, and welcome!

You might want to consider reposting in a seperate thread so more people will see you (not everyone will check this particular thread). I'm sure you'll get a more proper welcome if you do that.

irish homer, I haven't seen or heard from Nobuzz in a long time. I hope he hasn't dissappeared on us...would also be good to hear/see how he's doing.

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

wanthairs,

Welcome to our community. Congratulations for joining the REAL hair club for men. Dr. Jeffrey Epstein is an excellent surgeon so congratulations again for selecting a good one.

I also recommend, like Middleson, that you start your own thread. I encourage you also to post your experience, how many grafts/hairs you received, and post before pictures and immediately post op pictures. I hope also that you'll then keep us up to date with monthly photo updates and how things are coming along.

Bill

LOL icon_smile.gif I had 4,300 grafts a week ago Thursday by Dr. Wong. Just had the 75 staples taken out by Mike (H&W's man in Seattle) yesterday (my wife wouldn't do it!). My 4 year old son accidently head butted me last night and I had a bad bleeding problem for about an hour from the scar... Anyway, to get rid of the "Bozo the Clown" look I went in for a haircut today from my usual barbers (some Vietnamese chicks took over the barber shop in Magnolia Village, Seattle, but they're really nice) and she used a #3 razor that evened things out and still covers the scar. I look like I just got back from Iraq and the chicks dig it!? (I'm married, so I had to decline all the offers)... Okay but the milestone is that a "regular" cut is $13, a "buzz" cut is $12 - for the first time since I was 5, I got a discount?@! Chalk a buck up to Dr. Wong!

Guest wanthairs

Yeah......

I need to get a hold of a digital camera to record all this stuff. Day 9 now and alot of the transplanted hairs appear to be coming out. I assume this is normal.( i hope) Cannot help being nervous as hell about all of this.

I'm on day 13 and I really haven't noticed that a lot of transplanted hairs have come out. As of my last shower, I think all the scabs / dead skin is gone... The transplants actually have grown.