HT by Dr. Manoj Khanna

roy_sam

I haven't been on this site a long time, but it tends to be North America centric, although there are some exceptions.

I went to Dr. Khanna's website, and it looks on the up and up. You'd want to check as far as you can his bona fides, and I'd also want to see several of his patients to examine his work and get comfortable.

That said, nikkop23 is right at least to the extent that this doctor does NOT appear to be providing state of the art ultra fine FUT, but what he does describe would put him in the "recommended" level on this site IF he's any good at what he's doing.

I'd have to believe that there are some top docs in Asia to get Ultra fine FUT even if they're not in India, and hopefully someone on this site will respond.

In the meantime, if this guy's work checks out, it could be "ok", but probably no more than that.

mark h

I have no knowledge of this doc but only looking at the patient pictures scare me a bit. Some of the photos are very fuzzy which may mask the detail of the work. Also, some of the patients hairlines look very straight and not natural, one even looked pluggy. I would hope he is not using plugs still. If you are limited to him, make sure to see some patients of his in person. Good luck RoySam

NoBuzz

He has completed more than 800 cases of Hair Transplant or Hair replacement,i.e. hair restoration in bald individuals. (copied from the website)

Ok, here is the reality of situation, this guy has about 2 years of HT experience, on top of the fact that he basically is a plastic surgeon.

In addition, like many other docs from this area (see AP) his website is great, but for some reason the digital camera goes fuzzy when taking before and afters.

That means Dah ta dah da!!!!!! mini's and micro's!!!!!! (See Jagdish for what this looks like)

In summation, we have a doc doing some on the job training HT's and trying to capitalize on the suddenly overwhelming need for HT surgeons in this part of the world.

Anyone who would still consider this doctor is taking a serious risk for permanent damage.

Save up the money for a trip to the Western Hemisphere or the reality is your just not ready for a HT at this time.

Good Luck!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Oh Yeah, I looked at some of his before and after breast augmentation photos. For some reason those photos are pretty damn clear.

The breast before and after results look like crap as well, nipples pointing in different directions, etc...

Just an observation icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 3 years later...

I had the opportunity to visit Dr. Manoj Khanna in Kolkata, India recently and I must confess I was amazed by his work on hair transplant. I managed to bump into Harsha Bhogle, the well-known cricket commentator in his office, as he was passing by Kolkata. What a miraculous change to the looks of Harsha Bhogle- he looks 15-20 years younger after a hair transplant with Dr.Manoj Khanna less than 2 years ago. I had read in many articles about this major transformation in Harsha Bhigle, and many stated that this is THE BEST POSSIBLE RESULT ANYWHERE of hair transplantation, but I had to see to believe it. I also came to understand that other well-known personalities, esp from the cricket world like Ravi Shastri, Sunil Gavasker, Arun Lal, Lalchand Rajput, Nikhil Chopra and others have had a hair transplant with Dr.Manoj. I would recommend anyone anywhere that this is the right place to have a hair transplant.

Interestingly, a 3+ year old thread has been revived.

I was once contemplating a surgery with Dr Khanna after one of my acquaintances did his surgery with Khanna. I changed my mind after seeing the results of this guy - he looked horrible. In fact, he looked better pre-op than post-op.

I also visited Dr Khanna's website, and I agree with B-Spot. Dr Manoj Khanna is a breast implant surgeon who also does HT surgery. Btw, the HT surgery pictures are blurred and there's a strong see-through effect. The breast implant pictures are clearer but the results are sub-optimal (nipples in different directions, etc.). I would stay away from this doctor as he is below average for both HT as well as breast implants.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys,

I would like to share my hair transplant story, a very unfortunate one. I think this will be helpful for some one who may be considering Hair transplant by Dr.Manoj Khanna - kolkatta.

It all started like this. When i decided to go for HT, i came across Dr. Manoj Khanna. After seeing the gallery pics in his websites, i decided to meet him. So i fixed an appointment with him. During my day of visit, there were few more people waiting with me in the reception. He came and gave a quick lecture about HT. And told that Harsha Bhogle was one of his successful patients. ( Pics of Harsha bhogle , Ravi shasthri were hanging on the walls of his reception).

I met him inside his room and asked few questions. He answered in a quick and bored tone. He was not interested in asking about my expectations and all. He was interested in asking my surgery dates. Being little bit excited by Harsha Bhogle before and after pics, also i persumed that he is a very busy doctor, i decide to have a HT by Dr.Manoj Khanna. Given him dates after depositing an initial amount.

He didnt gave me any pre surgery suggestions except that he asked me to have a shampoo wash for two days from the surgery and to have a blood test done. On the day of my surgery, they got my signature in a paper. After conducting allergy test nd all, they put me anesthesia injections.

When i asked about Dr. Manoj Khanna, they said he will be coming soon. But to my shock, the entire surgery was carried out by Nurses only. He did came inbetween once (after the strip was removed from my back) , he took a pic of mine, marked a line in my head. He spent only a min i would say.

The surgery was over finally. Then here comes the worst part. Initially i was told that i would require 2000 grafts. So i was prepared for that. But once the surgery was over, he told me that they had done 2400 grafts. I was shocked terribly. No body asked me anything. How could anyone do that without my permission?

He was very casual. I was forced to pay around 1.85 L ( Extra 31k ).

Then they gave me some tablets, mildy shampoo and prescribed coverit 5%. Paid Rs.700 for that.

8 months since the surgery, the results are too far low than the minimum expectation of mine. The Before and after pics of mine is almost the same . To my nightmare, i visited a Doctor some 3 months back. He told me that, it doesnt seems that they have transplanted 2400 grafts. He confirmed me that very minimal grafts are transplanted. What the f***? I had lost my one year hard worked saving in a single day....

I had a great belief in that guy once. But now i feel cheated. Extremely disappointed.

Hi there, welcome to the community. We can understand how u feel. HL is such a terrible demon which consumes us and the last thing we want is that we thought we had help coming but turned out to be otherwise.

Be positive that at least u looked the same. I have come across cases whereby the post op look was worse than pre op, and badly closed scars.

Go thru the threads here carefully and slowly. Screen thru as many pictures and examples as u can and chip in your questions. The members here will be more than delighted to help a fellow HL sufferer!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Hi guys,

I would like to share my hair transplant story, a very unfortunate one. I think this will be helpful for some one who may be considering Hair transplant by Dr.Manoj Khanna - kolkatta.

It all started like this. When i decided to go for HT, i came across Dr. Manoj Khanna. After seeing the gallery pics in his websites, i decided to meet him. So i fixed an appointment with him. During my day of visit, there were few more people waiting with me in the reception. He came and gave a quick lecture about HT. And told that Harsha Bhogle was one of his successful patients. ( Pics of Harsha bhogle , Ravi shasthri were hanging on the walls of his reception).

I met him inside his room and asked few questions. He answered in a quick and bored tone. He was not interested in asking about my expectations and all. He was interested in asking my surgery dates. Being little bit excited by Harsha Bhogle before and after pics, also i persumed that he is a very busy doctor, i decide to have a HT by Dr.Manoj Khanna. Given him dates after depositing an initial amount.

He didnt gave me any pre surgery suggestions except that he asked me to have a shampoo wash for two days from the surgery and to have a blood test done. On the day of my surgery, they got my signature in a paper. After conducting allergy test nd all, they put me anesthesia injections.

When i asked about Dr. Manoj Khanna, they said he will be coming soon. But to my shock, the entire surgery was carried out by Nurses only. He did came inbetween once (after the strip was removed from my back) , he took a pic of mine, marked a line in my head. He spent only a min i would say.

The surgery was over finally. Then here comes the worst part. Initially i was told that i would require 2000 grafts. So i was prepared for that. But once the surgery was over, he told me that they had done 2400 grafts. I was shocked terribly. No body asked me anything. How could anyone do that without my permission?

Then they gave me some tablets, mildy shampoo and prescribed coverit 5%. Paid Rs.700 for that.

8 months since the surgery, the results are too far low than the minimum expectation of mine. The Before and after pics of mine is almost the same . To my nightmare, i visited a Doctor some 3 months back. He told me that, it doesnt seems that they have transplanted 2400 grafts. He confirmed me that very minimal grafts are transplanted. What the f***? I had lost my one year hard worked saving in a single day....

I had a great belief in that guy once. But now i feel cheated. Extremely disappointed.

I would like to COMPLETELY DISAGREE

HT with Dr Manoj Khanna

I want to share my experience of a Hair Transplant Experience with all you guys.

First of all i would like to begin with the fact the If anybody is considering about getting a hair transplant done, Dr Manoj is arguably the best choice available in the country (India), He has done the Maximum number of HT in india than any other surgeon, Is Highly Qualified and Experienced Surgeon. The quality that i liked the most was his jolly nature and confidence and the way in which he passes that confidence over onto his patients and calms him.

His team is very gentle and tries there level best to make the surgery as comfortable as possible for the patient, The way these guys puts the anesthesia injections is totally mind blowing and painless. The procedure was very comfortable and almost completely Painless (2 on the scale of 1 to 10).

Dr Manoj Khanna according to me is a very very concerned about the results of his patients and takes a keen interest in the entire process and doing the most important processes like taking out the strip and creating the holes on the skull himself.

I have undergone the surgery today only (30th july 2011) (4500 Grafts) and am really satisfied with everything, i will be able to tell you more once i see the result of my own hair growth.

In the end i would like to wind up just by saying that if you are looking for good HT surgeon please consider Dr Manoj Khanna.

I had the opportunity to visit Dr. Manoj Khanna in Kolkata, India recently and I must confess I was amazed by his work on hair transplant. I managed to bump into Harsha Bhogle, the well-known cricket commentator in his office, as he was passing by Kolkata. What a miraculous change to the looks of Harsha Bhogle- he looks 15-20 years younger after a hair transplant with Dr.Manoj Khanna less than 2 years ago. I had read in many articles about this major transformation in Harsha Bhigle, and many stated that this is THE BEST POSSIBLE RESULT ANYWHERE of hair transplantation, but I had to see to believe it. I also came to understand that other well-known personalities, esp from the cricket world like Ravi Shastri, Sunil Gavasker, Arun Lal, Lalchand Rajput, Nikhil Chopra and others have had a hair transplant with Dr.Manoj. I would recommend anyone anywhere that this is the right place to have a hair transplant.

I would like to second that stating that according to me he is the best in india at least (vaibhavgupta7j@gmail.com)

Interestingly, a 3+ year old thread has been revived.

I was once contemplating a surgery with Dr Khanna after one of my acquaintances did his surgery with Khanna. I changed my mind after seeing the results of this guy - he looked horrible. In fact, he looked better pre-op than post-op.

I also visited Dr Khanna's website, and I agree with B-Spot. Dr Manoj Khanna is a breast implant surgeon who also does HT surgery. Btw, the HT surgery pictures are blurred and there's a strong see-through effect. The breast implant pictures are clearer but the results are sub-optimal (nipples in different directions, etc.). I would stay away from this doctor as he is below average for both HT as well as breast implants.

Dude you are talking about 4 years back.

I can't comment on his Brest surgery skills but as per me he is really good when it comes to hair transplant ( ht ).

he and his team are doing 1-2 Hair transplants almost everyday.

vaibhavgupta7j do you have any before and after pictures? Every post you have made on here sounds like a bad infomercial. If what you are saying is true then please provide proof. You have revived multiple threads that are months and years old to praise a surgeon with a less than stellar reputation, seems a little strange to me.

Thanks for posting the pics. I'm glad you are happy with the procedure so far. I wish you the best of luck in the coming months. I hope you have a much better outcome than some of Dr Khanna's other patients I have seen on this site.

Hi guys,

hi

i am really sorry to hear about your hair transplant gone bad.

if all the things that you are saying are true then why don't you contact dr Manoj khanna once again tell him the entire thing.

i am sure he will be happy to help in whichever way he can.

and if the no. of grafts were not 2400 then you should have contacted him long back.

as far as results are concerned i have seen the results of harsha bhogle and many other patients of his which mind you are amazing.

dr manoj khanna is performing 2 hair transplant surgeries virtually every day and if all that you have written is true then how come he is still getting so many patients everyday.

i would seriously suggest you to have a talk with the doctor about your problem and i am sure he will definitely provide you with a solution.

I would like to COMPLETELY DISAGREE

HT with Dr Manoj Khanna

I want to share my experience of a Hair Transplant Experience with all you guys.

First of all i would like to begin with the fact the If anybody is considering about getting a hair transplant done, Dr Manoj is arguably the best choice available in the country (India), He has done the Maximum number of HT in india than any other surgeon, Is Highly Qualified and Experienced Surgeon. The quality that i liked the most was his jolly nature and confidence and the way in which he passes that confidence over onto his patients and calms him.

His team is very gentle and tries there level best to make the surgery as comfortable as possible for the patient, The way these guys puts the anesthesia injections is totally mind blowing and painless. The procedure was very comfortable and almost completely Painless (2 on the scale of 1 to 10).

Dr Manoj Khanna according to me is a very very concerned about the results of his patients and takes a keen interest in the entire process and doing the most important processes like taking out the strip and creating the holes on the skull himself.

I have undergone the surgery today only (30th july 2011) (4500 Grafts) and am really satisfied with everything, i will be able to tell you more once i see the result of my own hair growth.

In the end i would like to wind up just by saying that if you are looking for good HT surgeon please consider Dr Manoj Khanna.

even i would like to believe that as i have also scheduled a surgery after meeting him personally for later this months.

till that time i have my fingers crossed and am putting my full faith in the doctor