There are some good people in the HT world

Well, my question of "should I do it" has been answered. And because I'm an NW7, and the type of coverage I'd like to achieve just isn't really achievable, I'm not making the move to do HT and instead will keep the buzz cut.

I have to call out Jotronic because I can vouch for him being at least one straight shooter who works in the world of HT. We had a long 2+ hour talk the other night (That may be the first time in my life I was on the phone for 2+ hours)and I sent him pics today. About 2 hours after I sent the pics he called and (sorry I'm from NY)had the balls to tell me "we can help you, but I know what you want to achieve if you go forward with this and I would say it's not worth it for you to move forward. You have a great donor area, but you're a true NW7 and you just won't be able to get what you want so save your money". Maybe he did this because he's not on commission, I don't know. But how many sales guys would talk you out of a $20-30K discretionary spend?

So Joe, you have proven (to me at least) that there is at least 1 "non-scam artist" in the HT world. This statement in no way is meant to insinuate that those working in the HT world are scammers, but we all know that is the broad perception of the HT providers/those associated with HT.

Joe, all the best to you. You represented H&W very professionally and put the customer first....something that is very rare in today's world!! And I have to admit that 5 minutes after we got off the phone I bolted to my clippers and shaved this friggin ring from my dome....I had been growing it for the past 2 weeks because I was going to start doing consultations, and I can now get rid of it for good!!!! Thanks man.

Well, my question of "should I do it" has been answered. And because I'm an NW7, and the type of coverage I'd like to achieve just isn't really achievable, I'm not making the move to do HT and instead will keep the buzz cut.

I have to call out Jotronic because I can vouch for him being at least one straight shooter who works in the world of HT. We had a long 2+ hour talk the other night (That may be the first time in my life I was on the phone for 2+ hours)and I sent him pics today. About 2 hours after I sent the pics he called and (sorry I'm from NY)had the balls to tell me "we can help you, but I know what you want to achieve if you go forward with this and I would say it's not worth it for you to move forward. You have a great donor area, but you're a true NW7 and you just won't be able to get what you want so save your money". Maybe he did this because he's not on commission, I don't know. But how many sales guys would talk you out of a $20-30K discretionary spend?

So Joe, you have proven (to me at least) that there is at least 1 "non-scam artist" in the HT world. This statement in no way is meant to insinuate that those working in the HT world are scammers, but we all know that is the broad perception of the HT providers/those associated with HT.

Joe, all the best to you. You represented H&W very professionally and put the customer first....something that is very rare in today's world!! And I have to admit that 5 minutes after we got off the phone I bolted to my clippers and shaved this friggin ring from my dome....I had been growing it for the past 2 weeks because I was going to start doing consultations, and I can now get rid of it for good!!!! Thanks man.

That's awesome, and I wish it never had bothered me so much (and I had a regular looking head). I suggest you take that $30k and buy a Porsche or something!

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Kudos Joe. Not only is he a straight shooter, I think he just honestly wants everyone who goes to H&W to walk away 100% satisfied and if he knows expectations can not be met, he won't book a procedure or take any money.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

• Moderators
Originally posted by shouldIdoit:

Certain coalition Drs on here insist that a HT is a cure for baldness (and if they really feel that way then I question why they are in the coalition). I'm glad you went to one who has a bit more sense and told you the truth.

however I do wonder what you would have been told if you were still at stage 3 hairloss which we all know you were at some point earlier in time. would they have recommended a mega-session of 4000 to 5000 grafts? If so, what would happen when 5 years later you end up at what would have been stage 7?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

BeHappy, I wish I didn't get a HT from Feller so what I'm about to say carried even more weight, but you are misinterpreting an opinion and drawing a bogus conclusion. That said, MPB is a dynamic "disease"/"affliction"/"ailment"/"genetic disposition". It affects different people differently. A NW8 w/ a 4k donor will never have a total transformation (most lower NWs won't, either); however, this does not mean that when you take hair from a negligible zone and create hair in the area where the "disease"/"ailment"/etc ***was*** that the MPB is not being cured and that the HT is acting as a cure.

Also, Feller never said -- and I'd bet my thumbs never will say -- that HTs are a universal ***panacea***, which is where your confusion lies; he has never said and never will say (plz for my thumbs) that HTs are a ***panacea*** where he can take a random person, let alone anyone, and give them a full restoration.

In part this is semantics, but you are obv taking an aggressive stance vs. someone you have an agenda against and misconstruing words -- intentional, or not. You could replace Feller w/ Dr. Bosley and my stance would be the same though my words would be even stronger.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

fusion,i thought that, then read it again.thana meant he wished he wasn,t biased about feller(because he is a patient)and what he was saying would carry more weight...i think. icon_smile.gif

i agree jotronic is a stand up guy,but some credit has got to go to forums such as this one.dr h+w pay to be part of this to build their reputation online.can you imagine the backlash if they or jo were to misinform a nw7 into parting with 30 grand only to end up with a mediocre result?

this is why i think dr's in the coalition with online visibility is a good thing.

it's the others you need to worry about.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

BeHappy, I wish I didn't get a HT from Feller so what I'm about to say carried even more weight, but you are misinterpreting an opinion and drawing a bogus conclusion. That said, MPB is a dynamic "disease"/"affliction"/"ailment"/"genetic disposition". It affects different people differently. A NW8 w/ a 4k donor will never have a total transformation (most lower NWs won't, either); however, this does not mean that when you take hair from a negligible zone and create hair in the area where the "disease"/"ailment"/etc ***was*** that the MPB is not being cured and that the HT is acting as a cure.

Also, Feller never said -- and I'd bet my thumbs never will say -- that HTs are a universal ***panacea***, which is where your confusion lies; he has never said and never will say (plz for my thumbs) that HTs are a ***panacea*** where he can take a random person, let alone anyone, and give them a full restoration.

In part this is semantics, but you are obv taking an aggressive stance vs. someone you have an agenda against and misconstruing words -- intentional, or not. You could replace Feller w/ Dr. Bosley and my stance would be the same though my words would be even stronger.

Get him, thana. I agree with Feller, that the only real "cure" for being bald is to take hair from the back, non-balding section and place it in the balding part. Some might argue about the true meaning of the word cure, but I'm from Georgia, so what the hell?

All I know is people don't automatically think "bald guy" when they see me coming. I went back to my old college last week for homecoming, and I promise you a couple people I haven't seen in 20 years said the only difference in me was a little thinning on my crown. A year ago, it would have been "losing your hair">

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Balody is spot on -- just to clear that up, as I'm quite happy w/ my HT! icon_smile.gif

Dewayne, exactly....!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Shouldidoit,

I'm honored by your breakdown of our interaction and the kind things you've said. Thank you, and enjoy your life and your Porsche(s)icon_smile.gif

Balody,

With all due respect this nor any other forum have any influence on whether or not I tell someone like ShouldIdoit to save their money and walk away from HT surgery. It was the right thing to do and I don't like the implication that fear of exposure has any influence on my morality. I got hacked up fifteen years ago, missed out on just looking normal (balding Ken doll) from the age of 24 to 32 and don't want anyone else to regret having a hair transplant like I used to no matter how natural the work may be. ShouldIdoit is a headshaver and has never had a problem being a headshaver. Why spend so much money to fix something that really isn't a problem to begin with?

And there are many patients that walk through our doors for consultation that have never heard of online hair forums but find us in a simple phone book search in the Vancouver or Seattle areas. Many of these guys get turned away as well because, again, it's the right thing to do.

Online visibility is definitely a good thing. Heck, we basically defined it but any clinic that has an ounce of morality will make decisions based on what is right, not what others may or may not think online.

M&M,

Thanks for the props brutha.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Joe Tillman is a stand-up guy and in a lot of ways, he's been a mentor to me, especially as I was learning and expanding my knowledge of the hair transplant industry.

I agree with balody that in a lot of ways, public accountability and transparency may instill fear in some clinics and prevent them from making even worse decisions than they would without it. However, ethical people (like Joe) are going to do what's in the patient's best interest with or without this process, even if it's not the popular thing to do. Turning patients away is not always popular, and I've talked to a few balding men privately who were quite angry that a well respected surgeon turned them down because they were deemed not candidates.

The bottom line is, whereas this forum helps hold us all publicly accountable, those that fight for the rights of patients (physician and patient members alike) know the greatest reward is doing the right thing.

Kudos to educated patients and ethical clinics working together to do what's in a patient's best interest.

Oh and one more thing...

I still think I have the better afro icon_smile.gif

4381023233_Bill.jpg

2455982310_c84623f701_o.jpg

icon_biggrin.gif

Best wishes,

Bill

jo,there was no implication or offence meant. icon_smile.gif

i know you and h+w are amoung the good guys.

i was talking about the companys who wouldn't dare to come on here and have their results and ethics scrutinized.

again,that is why this place is essential for prospective patients.

clinics showing total transparency.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.