Please help in finding a descent HT surgeon in Israel

darkmanhyk

Dear All

I am really overwhelmed by the valuable information I received from this forum. This is my first post.

I am 34 years old with balding in the front and crown area.

Is anybody here familiar with a good HT surgeon that is in Israel ?

I found a doctor who's name is Dr. Alex Ginsburg, this is his website

www.hairtransplant.co.il

Can someone check out the website. and evaluate what is written on it, and give a feedback.

I am really in need for for feedback

Best wishes

Hani,

sorry I don't speak Hebrew, so I couldn't check out the site...Woops! I just saw the English hyperlink...

*But* I still would have to say this as I have never heard of this doctor:

I don't know what your financial situation is, but I would NOT let distance prohibit you from going to ANY ht surgeon that you decide is world class. This procedure is going to permanently alter your appearance on the top of your head where every one will see it for the rest of your life at first glance of you. In the hands of a good surgeon, this is a good thing. In the hands of a poor one, this is not...

there are many horror stories from guys who have been absolutely butchered by poor surgeons out there. I would venture to say that for every 100 ht surgeons there are only 10 qualified.

Only go to a good doc and don't let distance be a factor. I would rather look naturally bald than unnaturally hairy...

darkmanhyk,

Welcome to our forum community.

Selecting a quality surgeon is a vital part of ensuring a quality hair transplant result. To see the physicians we recommend who perform state of the art hair transplantation using ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation, click here.

I don't know anything about this particular clinic. On their website however, they do mention the word "minigraft". If they still use minigrafts, this is old and outdated technology.

Spend time doing careful research.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear Bill

I am so worried now, but travelling out of country, is something I will find difficult and expensive.

I was wondering Bill

What are the questions to test the Surgeon

Please respond since I have a consultation on Wednesday?

According to the site he performs FUT, so is that not good anymore?

Did you look at the before and after pics, what is your opinion on them, do you think they are good?

Best regards

Hani

darkman,

I have compiled a list of hair transplant physician consultation questions from various members (including myself).

Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation (FUT) is today's standard for hair transplantation. Those who have taken FUT to the next level perform regular larger sessions of ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation.

In my opinion, feel free to consult with this physician, but until you are more educated in hair replacement surgery, do not select a physician or undergo surgery.

Take your time and research.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by darkmanhyk:

Dear All

I am really overwhelmed by the valuable information I received from this forum. This is my first post.

I am 34 years old with balding in the front and crown area. I have been trying to find a descent HT surgeon is Israel, but I am not succeeding in that.

Is anybody here familiar with a good HT surgeon that is in Israel ?

I found a doctor who's name is Dr. Alex Ginsburg, this is his website

www.hairtransplant.co.il

Can someone check out the website. and evaluate what is written on it, and give a feedback.

I am really in need for for feedback

Best wishes

Hani

Based on this doctors record, no, do not get anything done there, too risky. You need to narrow your search immediately down to coalition doctors, slow down, and then decide to expand it based on informed choices.

Look at this doctors record, it does concern me.

The places where he does alot of his training, while a need exists, have not shown themselves countries where anyone informed would travel to have any work done, they are places you wouldnt even consider. Israel is a tough place to be for this but consider flying somewhere, particularly the U.S.

Good luck

Since 1992 Dr. Ginzburg has performed over 3,000 hair transplants in Israel. He is the most experienced and senior in the field of hair transplant in Israel, and the only dermatologist to perform this procedure.

In 1998 Dr. Ginzburg was invited to the Romanian Plastic Surgery Society in order to teach hair transplants in Bucharest.

He is a member of the International Society of Dermatological Surgery (ISDS).

In 1998 he directed a hair transplant workshop at an ISDS meeting in Baja, Brazil. A year later he conducted a hair transplant workshop and a course on the topic at an ISDS meeting in Athens, Greece.

In the year 2000 Dr. Ginzburg conducted hair transplant courses in Paris, San Paulo and Madrid and in 2001 directed a hair transplant workshop in Guadalajara, Mexico.

For the past nine years he has attended all the international conferences on hair transplant and is the only Israeli representative at these conferences.

In 2002 Dr. Ginzburg led a hair transplant workshop in Poona, India, where he instructed and performed seven hair transplantations in the presence of 50 Indian doctors.

During the same year he attended the International Aesthetics Conference in Bucharest, where he performed a hair transplant.

In July 2002 he lectured at a hair transplant conference in London and Paris and in September of the same year directed a hair transplant workshop at the International Conference of Dermatological Surgery in Puerto, Portugal.

Activities in 2003:

February ??“ Researched hair transplants in Orlando and gave a number of lectures on the topic

May ??“ Participated in the European Conference for Hair Transplants in Berlin, where he lectured and performed transplants

June ??“Lectured at the International Conference on Hair Research in Barcelona

September ??“ Performed hair transplants at the ISDS in Berlin

November ??“ Invited to Bangalore and Poona in India where he performed 13 transplants in five days

December ??“ Received two awards at the International Hair Transplant Conference in New York for his work on hair transplants