Buddy's weblog?

Actually amending my statement, that does not look quite right.

It is not horrible, but still not quite right either....ughh.

However, one of the worst issues with these larger chains is donor waste--- they remove a larger strip than necessary in order to ensure they reach the correct graft totals-- then they "upsell" the patient, or throw the extra in the trash.

Comfy thought hmmmm?

Anyway, I do not think this is the case here, just a one piece donor removal with the tissue pulled away, etc... But I could be wrong.

Judging by Buddy's happiness and overall understanding of the process there, I think he is doing ok.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I am amazed that they could close that up with no problem! I gotta give that donor strip one of

these faces.. icon_eek.gif

Can any of our Coaltion Doc's tell us how that looks to them??

Keep in mind...

That the donor strip that you see there is quite normal. Many coalition doctors create strips that wide, if not wider on a day to day basis.

My personal statement, however, remains that the scar width and length, from what it appears may have yielded more FU grafts than was transplanted. Of course, without knowing the exact measurements and donor density, the number of grafts could not be determined. Perhaps if somebody knows any of them, we can dump the data into this formula and see what we come up with:

(Density in FU/cm2) X (strip width in cm) X (length of strip removed in cm) = Projected number of grafts

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...271083313#3271083313

Bill