Class of January 2007

irish homer, B Spot, No buzz, and others who had a HT this past January:

I just got home from dinner out on the town...decided to hold up a mirror and check out the crown...and for the first time I had to say to myself: HELL YEAH!...finally things are starting to turn around. Real improvement.

I hope this means the doldrums phase is over?

How are you guys doing?

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

irish homer, B Spot, No buzz, and others who had a HT this past January:

I just got home from dinner out on the town...decided to hold up a mirror and check out the crown...and for the first time I had to say to myself: HELL YEAH!...finally things are starting to turn around. Real improvement.

I hope this means the doldrums phase is over?

How are you guys doing?

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hey Middleson,

Glad to hear you are doing well, its been a long 4 months eh?

I am seeing a little action but nothing too life changing yet.

I will say it seems each day looks a bit better, certainly very subtle and natural which is what I am going for.

Hope it keeps getting better for all of us. I am very busy right now but will try and get some pics soon. Take care brother,

NoBuzz

Middleson,

good to here from you, glad things are moving for you. I will post more pictures next week as I'm at 5 months on May 29th.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

nobuzz...oh yes, it's been a long 4 months for sure.

irish homer...we'll be anxious to check out the progress when you hit 5 months

Everyone...with just 2 weeks to go before the 5 month post-op mark, i'm just starting to get some noticable growth which is really encouraging after spending a couple months in the depths of the doldrums. I knew very well to expect the doldrums but that didn't make it suck any less.

Here's what I'm noticing at this point. My crown almost has a covered look in a low lighting environment. In a well lighted environment (or outside), my bald crown is clearly visible, but so is a thin layer of new growth just starting to cover the area. Also I had a little work done on my hairline just to reinforce and refine my hairline, and I'm able to see growth from the transplants in that area as well.

Nothing earth shattering by any means, but it is incredibly encouraging to finally be at this point following the dreaded doldroms!

I just purchased my first digital camera (being shipped next week) so I'll be able to share photos. My plan is to share photos at the 6 month and one year point in my progress. Since most of my work is on my crown, it really won't make for very exciting or dramatic photos the way the photos do when showing work in the front.

Have a great weekend all. Is there anyone else posting/reading/lurking here who also had HT in January (or close to January 2007) who would be willing to share experience?

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hey Middleson,

I think I snuck into the January Club by way of my HT on January 30.

My HT was for the front 1/3 and I had a lot of shock loss in both the donor and recipient areas. Good news is that both areas are starting to fill in, but as you guys can relate to, the waiting game is hard to play. I will be updating my pictures again at the end of May (4 months).

Best of luck. I think that we are through the worst!

Bayer

Hey Guys--- I got several PM's asking me about where I am at right now---- I will answer them all here!!!!!

I am moving along a bit slower this round--- I think about 20-30 days behind last session.

I do have my hair grown out a bit, so it is difficult to see new growth as easy as my first HT when I had nothing up top.

I think about 5 months I will post some pics of my current "doo" although I can say that the additional 3500+ grafts I got during #2 have not impacted my look whatsoever at this point.

This is exciting because when I am fully grown out for #2--- I will be excepting offers to appear on Oprah, Dr. Phil (psychological perspective!), Geraldo, etc.....

I was thinking that if we could all show up in Iraq when our hair is fully matured, we could end violence and suffering forever!!!!

You guys are the BEST!

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Middleson, I've just past the 4 month mark myself and couldn't be happier. I was one of the lucky ones to have some early growth. I can see a big difference from the top and front view. I'm still thin from the side view looking through my hair but it's cool. I am amazed by the amount of coverage I got with only 2100 grafts. I gotta thank Dr. Epstein for that. I'm sure by July all of us "6 monthers" will be very happy and hairy. And yes the waiting game is the hardest part. As much as I told myself not to look in the mirror I just couldn't stop. Hang in there.

I'm excited for all you former bald bastards. OOps I guess I should be more sensitive about that topic--wasn't that another thread by Middleson. icon_smile.gif

We should have started a pool of some sort to see which one of you would progress the quickest. We could have donated some of the proceedings to a good cause.

Glad to hear that all is going well for you guys. Its interesting because you all had different docs yet sounds like it is turning out well for everyone. All of your decisions were based on this site correct?? Another feather in Pat's cap(he doesn't still have that thing does he?--re: photo with Hairforce 1) for the success of this awesome website.

Keep us all posted on what is transpiring.

Laters

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90