Dr. Richard Keller of North Shore HTS, IL

I had a consult with Dr. Konior. He was extremely thorough and upfront. He spent about 45 minutes with me and went through a number of different scenarios.

Tom quoted me a price but it wasn't a sales pice, just an estimate. I think the clinic is high class and certainly top tier. Definitely my biggest mistake was not having my first transplant with Dr. Konior.

I will say that I have seen a few really great pics of Dr. Keller's work. But Dr. Konior just keeps putting out one great result after another.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I had surgery with Dr.Konior a few days ago (1700 grafts) and can only describe Tom, the office staff (all from Poland I believe) and the Dr.'s knowledge and professionalism as STELLAR. If you have the opportunity to go there for your procedure then you should. Remember...he preforms 1 surgery every day that will literally change the life of that patient. If he rubbed you the wrong way then you should call or e-mail him and let him know. Try to understand that when he does a consult, he's probably already worked 10-12 hours or is about ready to start a surgery. Bedside manner is important, but his technique and results do the talking for him. I don't mean this to be derogatory, but I find many people in the Chicago area to seem a bit "brash" or "short tempered". He's still the best! I would be happy to answer any questions, but I won't have pictures for awhile since I'm relying on his photos. He also gave my family a great recommendation on a seafood restaurant and Tom picked me up and took me back to the hotel. He and his staff are un-matched in my opinion.

I sent both Keller and Konoir consults through this site last Friday and neither have gotten in touch with me.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Originally posted by AlexChicago:

Hi all,

The whole experience with Dr. Konior & his office manager Tom, kinda turned me off [Konior hardly took any time to talk - Tom did most of the talking that came mostly as a sales pitch etc]. Discussions with the referrals they gave also didn't do anything to boost my comfort level.

Al

This was the identical case for me too when I visited his office. I spoke with the surgeon 5-10 minutes and felt rushed (drove an hour to get there), while Tom seemed like a George Foreman grill spokesman.

But after being on this site for over three years I can say that Dr. Konior is one of my top 5 surgeons.

If you want a surgeon that you can invite to your house for dinner and get the best transplant as well go to Dr. Shapiro. He's another top 5 for me!

Most of the physicians listed on this website that do top-notch work have a total staff of 4 or 5 people. The doctor literally performs 1 surgery 6-12 hours 5 or 6 days a week! Consults are extremely important to a prospective patient, but please try to see it from the doctor's point of view as well. DO NOT discount Dr. Konior or Dr. Keller. Call the office and ask what's going on. Believe me, you want the guy performing surgery to be too busy to talk sometimes.

Just my take.

Originally posted by Speegs:

I sent both Keller and Konoir consults through this site last Friday and neither have gotten in touch with me.

I also use the online consults through this site before I choose my surgeon and not one of the 10 or so docs I tried to consult with answered.

They probably didnt even get them.

I would just email the doctors through your own email to get a quicker response

Your right MRingler . Usually you wont even see the doctor for 1 minute during a routine consult.

Most of the time they are in surgery or just had an extremely long day.

That is why they hire people to do that.

As far as a sales pitch /infomercial your going to get that from most clinics because the

majority of guys are not educated like us and need that.

Usually once thats out of the way you can take the consult any direction you want

Speegs, I have not recieved your email from HTN-please email me at nshts106@sbcglobal.net. I conduct on my consultations personally and look forward to meeting with you.

AlexChicago, All my photos are my own. I joined HTN in 2008, so that is why I have limited exposure with posted photos.

Regards, Dr. Keller

Dr. Keller is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network