Hair/Confidence Question

Hey guys,this isnt a typical hair question, it has more to do with confidence.

Back in high school i liked this girl, which i still currently do (i am 23) so I have liked her for a while. Back then, i had a full head of hair, and now you can tell that i have lost some. (Prolly am a norwood 3) I know that this girl was physically attracted to me then, but im worried since the hairloss that she wont be now. I have liked this girl for forever, and i really want to make a good impression, but the hairloss has flattened my confidence, and thats what im worried about. Turns out that we are having some bar b q at my high school for my class, so she will be there, has anyone came across a situation like this?

Thanks guys, i appreciate the help.

I would say it's time to make your move; if you don't, it'll continue to eat you up. If it's possible, try styling your hair so that the loss isn't as noticeable.

I would focus on her: say how great she looks, ask about what she's been doing, etc. This is obviously some generic advice, but I don't think it would come across as creepy or phony since it sounds like you have had some history.

It's hard approaching an old love interest if you feel like your looks have deteriorated, but remember, there is a big difference between insecurity and flat out self-loathing. Try to be yourself; you have nothing to lose at this point. Don't let any more time pass you by!

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

i myself would bring it up somewhere in the conversation,obviously not straight away but after a few drinks.make a joke about your hairloss, this gives the impression it isnt effecting your confidence and your still the same guy from school she was attracted to.

chances are she hasnt even noticed if your a n3,probably just thinks you look a little maturer.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Have you thought maybe she looks different as well? Maybe she's not a "fit bird" anymore? icon_biggrin.gif

Just be yourself Bleach--you'll be fine.

Jason

PS--If she is hotter than ever--go with Spex's advice---BEER!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Youngsuccess,

No wonder you're such a success! Great advice.

Go for it Bleach. If you don't, you know the result. If you do, who knows? I've been through it as well. You all can think I'm boasting, but when I was 20 in college I would get with a girl (mostly hot icon_cool.gif) every time I went out.

But you know, even before my hairloss became widely noticeable I found I had lost a lot of my edge - or ability in this arena. Confidence is huge and can't be overstated.

Then again, I've had my wife and other girlfriends comment on some balding guys lookin good. The thing they all had in common was a lean body and high confidence. So, there you go.

You could also try Toppik or Dermatch until you get a transplant. And, this is a very popular "hair question". Hell, this is what it's all about. icon_eek.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

bleach,

It's great to see you my friend.

We've all been where you are too, at least, can relate to similar circumstances.

The bottom line is, age impacts us all. Whether we lose hair, gaine wait, have a few extra wrinkles that we didn't have before, it gets us.

I agree with what others have said. It's time to make your move my friend. It's now or never. If you don't, "what if" will linger through your mind until kingdom come. If you do, and she doesn't have feelings for you anymore, at least you know that it's time to move on and there is more fish in the sea.

Be the "self" you are as if you still had a full head of hair. Remember that everyone has insecurities - even the most attractive of women. If you can make her feel like she is something special, she will love you for it.

Best wishes,

Bill

Great advice in here; but Dewayne, cmon buddy, easy now w/ the narcissism. icon_eek.gif

Btw, Bleach, most likely your hairloss isn't nearly as bad as you currently perceive it (~NW3dom). In fact, in the theoretical wagering booth that is life, I'd bet $ that if she was attractive to you in the past that she *still* would be attracted to you now, even if you have some moderate hairloss.

The only thing that would make me rescind my bet is if you self-defeat yourself. Take that for what it's worth.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Wow, I can't get over how much support you guys have gave me. I really do appreciate it. Its not like im after a Pamela anderson type, where its a fantasy girl. This girl is short, basically a midget, red hair, and prolly has the biggest nose ive ever seen on a person, yet im still crazy about her. You guys are right, I better try before time runs out, a carona might not hurt icon_wink.gif

btw, a quick fix transplant has always been on my mind so that id be ready. But I want to do it the right way, I have been on rogaine for a while, I will most likely continue that for another month, so far nothing new. But, I would rather take my time with hair loss drugs before hair loss surgery, even if it has not grown anything so far. In high school she dated a guy that was "emo" so i really dont think shes that superficial.

Bleach,

You are going about things the right way, and with a sound mind. No doubt good things will come for you -- just allow yourself to accept them.

Keep up w/ the treatments, be consistent, and consider fin; you can always get some consults (live or online) now, just to get an ethical, expert analysis of your overall situation. This new information may very well embolden you and make you feel more secure in knowing that your (follicular) future is in the works, and you will know where you stand.

EDIT -- btw, I really doubt she is terribly superficial. No doubt she *is* superficial, in the same way we all are; but aesthetics are just one part of the layer that is superficiality. "Aura"...."Intangibles"....aka confidence personified is another. You have virtually full control over this lattermost layer, and still have a good deal of control over the other. And, thankfully, that lattermost layer is the most important -- ESPECIALLY if this is a girl you aren't looking at from the vantage of some serial-womanizer...icon_smile.gif

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Everyone thank you for your comments, every member that posted in this forum, i really do appreciate it. Sorry Bill for posting this thread in the wrong part of the forum.

Dewayne you mentioned something about dermmatch. I do have some hair to work with, my question is could you apply dermmatch JUST to the hairline? And how big of a difference in thickness will it make? Anyone?

Thanks guys

Dermmatch and/or nanogen are optimal. I was/am a NW4 w/ a RIDICULOUSLY wrecked hairline and was able to achieve virtually flawless coverage and perceived density combining the two. It was a true life saver for me, and I heartily endorse it.

I posted a lot of before/afters on this forum, which I subsequently took off, but if you are on the fence about trying out a concealer I'll shoot them over to you for inspiration. icon_wink.gif Seriously, I really do recommend at the very least trying them out.

:lifesaver

-----------

Originally posted by Bleachcola12:

Thanks Thanatopsis...

As far as dermmatch and nanogen go, are they more for concealing or for thickening up the hair? I am really looking for something to thicken up the hairline. I would love some photos if you wouldnt mind. Email: tsaunders11m@yahoo.com

Thanks man, i appreciate it

He's right, that stuff looked great on him. You'll see. I think it thickens the hairs a little and colors the scalp to give an appearance of thickness.

But it's perfect in social situations like you describe; BBQ's, parties at night, movies, dinner, etc.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

• 2 months later...