Dr Keene: 2,500 grafts two days post-op.... photo

Midiman

Hi,

Just got back following a remarkable procedure with Dr. Sharon Keene of Tucson, AZ. Because I already had a fair amount of frontal and crown hair, she elected to do 25-30/per cm2 to curtail shockloss. Roughly 2200 to the frontal half, and 300 to the crown. At 46, most of it's grey coming from the donor site so it's hard to see at first. And the hairline IMO is really nice...

For those of you in the southwest, I seriously suggest you consider Dr. Keene on your list of top-notch HT surgeons. I doubt you will find a more artistic, ethical and skillful doctor. Her association with the Shapiro MG doesn't hurt her credentials either! Additionally, her staff was very personable and professional. All in all, a great experience!

02_Two_Days_Post-Op___7-20-06_cropped.jpg.6af43aee92b8070ca20639d5e8e849fd.jpg

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi,

Just got back following a remarkable procedure with Dr. Sharon Keene of Tucson, AZ. Because I already had a fair amount of frontal and crown hair, she elected to do 25-30/per cm2 to curtail shockloss. Roughly 2200 to the frontal half, and 300 to the crown. At 46, most of it's grey coming from the donor site so it's hard to see at first. And the hairline IMO is really nice...

For those of you in the southwest, I seriously suggest you consider Dr. Keene on your list of top-notch HT surgeons. I doubt you will find a more artistic, ethical and skillful doctor. Her association with the Shapiro MG doesn't hurt her credentials either! Additionally, her staff was very personable and professional. All in all, a great experience!

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog

Indeed,

You should get some good results with Dr. Keene .. i've heard great things about her on here..

Good luck and be patient

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thank you Gorpy and Mrjb,

I appreciate the comments. Right now I'm seeing hair where it wasn't before so I'm really estatic! Of course, thanks to the knowledge I've gained here, it's most likely gonna do a "disappearing act" soon.

Time for a lot of meditation and "law of attraction" manifestation to get some of those suckers to stick around... I figure it can't hurt right? icon_smile.gif

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by Mrjb:

You should get some good results with Dr. Keene .. i've heard great things about her on here..

I'm exactly 1 year post-op with Dr Keene. She has done absolute wonders with just 2,650 grafts on a Norwood 5 dome! Although graft density could only be modest (as in your case Midiman) - the overall effect after 12 months (using a little volumising spray) has dispelled both the spectre of encroaching 'baldness' and its insidious effect on one's general well-being and confidence. . . As Dr Keene said - you may well find, as I did, that the 25-30/cm2 density does reduce shock loss to a minimum. I estimated my post-op loss as barely noticeable (but probably 5-10%) . . . You have made an excellent choice in my estimation Midiman.

Sorleyboy

Originally posted by worried:

Can't wait to see the results. looks like it will make a major change for the better. I enjoy watching others progress with different ht docs.

worried,

Thanks for the encouragement. It already has made a BIG improvement! I'll soon start a weblog and post more pictures as the months go by.

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 weeks later...

Midiman , Your scabs seem to have completely fallen off and the recepient area looks nice and clean..

Best Wishes for the times ahead.You will be seeing soem growth in couple of months time.

Anant,

I take it you've looked at my weblog? Yes, the healing is going well thank you. I'm starting to shed a bit more, which at first was discouraging but now seems like a favorable sign. The rogaine might be inducing that...

I hope you're progressing well too.

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hey thanks Ben... icon_smile.gif If I get through the next two and a half months without losing most of it, I may consider a "buzz". Right now I'll stick with the beer type!

I see you're almost at two months. A lot of grafts my friend with a very good doctor! No doubt you'll be seeing some real growth very soon. Thanks for the encouragement!

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog