Loosing Grafts?

Hi:

I had a HT exactly 8 weeks ago, and other than some lingering redness, everything is going well. However, this week I started noticing a few loose hairs with a tiny white (and dry) tail at the end. I don't recall the technical name for the white tissue surrounding the bottom side of the grafts, but I remember seeing the techs cutting that area when splitting the grafts under the scopes. I might have found about 5 or 6 of these short hair / tail things "floating" on my head after coming out of the shower. Other than the normal shedding during the first two weeks after surgery, I had not seen any of these lose hairs with that white stuff until now (8th week).

Can these be death grafts? If some grafts die, can they be stucked in the scalp for 8 weeks and then come off? I know I have only found a handful of these, but I'm concerned about other hairs like these going down the drain without me realizing it.

Should I worry?

Hi:

I had a HT exactly 8 weeks ago, and other than some lingering redness, everything is going well. However, this week I started noticing a few loose hairs with a tiny white (and dry) tail at the end. I don't recall the technical name for the white tissue surrounding the bottom side of the grafts, but I remember seeing the techs cutting that area when splitting the grafts under the scopes. I might have found about 5 or 6 of these short hair / tail things "floating" on my head after coming out of the shower. Other than the normal shedding during the first two weeks after surgery, I had not seen any of these lose hairs with that white stuff until now (8th week).

Can these be death grafts? If some grafts die, can they be stucked in the scalp for 8 weeks and then come off? I know I have only found a handful of these, but I'm concerned about other hairs like these going down the drain without me realizing it.

Should I worry?

Death Grafts, coming to a theater near you! - ----lol hairthere. Can't wait!

You're experiencing normal shedding. No need to worry. Happy growing.

notgoing2gobald:

The white stuff I'm referring to is not the little bulb (root) you normaly see on fallen hairs. The white 'tails' I see are actually long and dry. I'm pretty sure it was the same white gooey stuff surrounding the grafts right before they were placed on my scalp. Is this the sheath element?

I had a HT exactly 8 weeks ago, and other than some lingering redness, everything is going well. However, this week I started noticing a few loose hairs with a tiny white (and dry) tail at the end.

I don't know what the "sheath element" is, to be honest,

-BUT-

given the fact that you were POST op EIGHT weeks, you have nothing to worry about...

By the way, if all your concerned about is the NAME of the white bulb (or whatever) I don't know; I mean, I AM a HAIR GEEK, but not THAT big of one! icon_biggrin.gif