Any of you regret taking it all off?

SRK735

Have any of you say shaved your head..I dont mean bick it but ...shave it like # 2 or 3 all around and regret the results?I am think of shaving my head not bicking it but 2 or 3 and using some kind of concealer.

Anyone know a good concealer for really really short hair?

I did it to a #3 and used concealer and pulled off a pretty sweet look. I think I looked good this way, but the concealers + short hair can make it a lot more visible to the naked eye, and you run a greater risk of this. Unless, you just are VERY modest in your application, but again, this will prolly only achieve the look you are after if you have very modest loss to begin with.

I'd use dermmatch for hair that short, and probably nothing else.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I shave my head down to #0 on the sides and #1 at top... I was afraid to do so at first, but while I was younger I always had short hair so decided to go ahead and shave it off. So far I like it, its great to just feel free of constantly worrying about how your hair looks.

About 2 years ago, I was in one of those "what the hell" moods. Since highschool I have had the same hair style; I went to the hair dressers and explained that I wanted to try something different and just to do what he thinks (big mistake). I was given a grandad-style cut, haha. Anyway, it was such a state the only thing left to do was too shave it off, which I did. It was a massive shock and I can honestly say the hardest moments of my hair loss journey - I pretty much decided that day to have a transplant. Some people have the head shape and size to look good shaved or even bald, for me it just isn't an option.

I shaved my head to a number one a while back and all my friends just laughed when they saw it. Not only did it look bad, but my hairloss became much more apparent. I then bicked it and to my surprise it actually looked much better. Friends were actually commenting how they could see me as a skin head lol. But in the end I just ended growing it out again because my hairloss wasn't thaaat bad at that point so I would just throw some dermmatch on and get a pretty decent result. As time goes on though I will be shaving my head down to the skull again in the near future because the loss is progressing pretty badly. My goal was to be able to grow a beard first, but unfortunately I'm losing the race icon_frown.gif.

About 6 years ago I shaved my head to a grade 3 all over and I really liked that look. For guys with a good head of hair I think it looks great whatever shape of head you have.

However, I tried it again about 6 months ago and hated it (this is all pre-op). The difference was that I'd lost more hair, and it is much more apparent. I think it was the fact that the central forelock had become weak and see through that really caused me to hate that look. (This is what made me more determined to have the HT).

Also, if you have general thinning on top (which most of us on here have to some extent), it becomes very apparent at that length. A small amount of concealer will cover that up though.

So I'd say that if you are NW2 or just starting NW3 it will probably look fine.

Why not try something a little longer to start with? Leaving the hair slightly longer at the front is also a good move.

When my HT has matured I want to try the grade 3 cut again...if that looks good, then the HT has been a success icon_smile.gif