Very simple question - DOES PROPECIA WORK?!?!?

Very simple question - DOES PROPECIA WORK?!?!?

I just started taking Propecia about 2 months ago...hard to tell, but I hear it takes at least 6 months...I am using it to "hold the line" so to say, and am apprehensive...I am 28 and starting to loose significant heair in front and all across the top of my head...anyway, any straight advice would be great!!

Sure, but to what extent...and for how long...I have read posts here of people who tried it for a few years and then WAMO...starts falling out like rain...and also, even though it may not grow hair in the front, does it halt loss in that area?

Propecia can work anywhere there is miniaturization of hair follicles on your head.

There was a five-year study recently released, that showd that after 5 years, Propecia users continued to maintain their hair and had higher hair counts than non-users.

It's best for hair loss prevention, and not nearly as good for regrowth. If you still have any hair whatsoever left to lose, I would recommend using Propecia.

Does Propecia work? Hell yeah. At least for me it has been very effective at halting hair loss and regrowth on the vertex/crown.

Sure, sure, some people may lose their hair later on despite being on Propecia. But ask yourself if it is worth a risk in life to try something out and see if it helps you. If you don't do it or give up because of uncertainty, then you've already failed. If you try it out and it works, pat yourself on the back. If you try it out and it doesn't work, well, at least you know.

I just think it is better to know than to be unsure.

Yes it works and yes you should try it and yes you are doing the right thing by sticking with it if you are concerned about losing your hair.

Best of luck with the results.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

• 3 months later...

I only wish that when I was your age it had been available to me. I started using Propecia about 18 months ago. And even at my age, and with the degree of hairloss I have (I started balding noticeably at around the age of 20-21) I've had improvement with Propecia. In my opinion, the strategy at your age should be to delay further loss, and any growth (which I believe you will probably have, given time) is very much worth it. I'd also recommend Minox as well.

• 6 years later...

Hey everyone, I'm currently using proscar 1/4 EOD, have any of you used this regimen or should I suck it up and take the pill everyday? I haven't experience any side AT ALL with EOD, it's quite the opposite, i've been very horny... But this could also be due to the Adinnine im taking along side..

Any comments suggestions? thanks

I took it for over 6 months with no visible effect, including my hair still getting thinner in the front. I didn't take it too well and asked for minoxidil back-up -without having much hope- when i got my prescription renewed.

I'm now 4 months into to the propecia/minoxidil combo and not only did my hair stop shedding and got thicker but some new hair did begin to sprout. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but feel a lot more optimistic than I was a few months ago.

Propecia for me has worked by slowing down my hair loss to a great extent. In the 2 years I have been using it, only my crown/vertex and temples have seen a visual decrease in hair.