Cigarettes after Fue procedure

Every doctor I've heard speaking about smoking says it can dramatically decrease the quality of the growth. Seriously, give it 12 months when your HT is grown out and then smoke. Better yet, try to quit.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

H&W claim it doesn't impact growth/yield whatsoever; & as a matter of fact this patient said he smoked during his procedure (on HLH):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tIg48iW1V0

Here's his quote:

"i am smoking for 25 years. During my surgery with Dr. Hasson, i smoked 4 or 5

cigarettes on the balcony. No probleme about that!"

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/fo...y=y&keyword1=shuffle

I'm almost certain Feller doesn't believe it affects yield either.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

You want to try to limit yourself--for example, maybe smoking 4-5 cigs a day won't be bad, but if you smoke a pack a day, plus drink 3-4 cups of coffee, drink caffeinated sodas, and eat poorly, there may be an effect on your growth.

The moral of the story is no excess--if you cannot quit all together.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I couldnt log in with afueo,sorry.

Yes I have considered quittin' smoking but nowadays it is really diffucult for me.

Since last friday I havent smoked.But I really need to smoke.

If I smoke 5-6 per day , does it really impact my grafts' health?

I'm sincerely not trying to be argumentative here, but just for the record, I believe the gentleman who I linked did NOT mean he only smokes 4-5 ciggarretes a DAY; but on THE day of his ht. As that is all he could fit in. I had a ht w/H&W and they said it won't affect it at all, nor coffee...every clinic is entitled to their own opinioins, I'm just clarifying what theirs are.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

if you've gone ten days, hang in there and quit. the withdrawls will diminish day by day and the first couple weeks are the hardest.

best of luck.