Do any doctors entertain patients on weekends or odd hours?

My question is simple:

How much, above and beyond, are hair transplant doctors willing to go to accomodate patients?

Do any HT doctors entertain patients on weekends or odd hours (for questions or concerns)?

Input is welcome from patients and doctors with examples about their level of "hospitality", if we can call it such.

Thanks for your input.

take care...

My question is simple:

How much, above and beyond, are hair transplant doctors willing to go to accomodate patients?

Do any HT doctors entertain patients on weekends or odd hours (for questions or concerns)?

Input is welcome from patients and doctors with examples about their level of "hospitality", if we can call it such.

Thanks for your input.

take care...

mmhce,

We have a "Patient Care" phone number that our patients are given to call with questions or concerns anytime of the day or night. Our doctor's numbers are also given in case of emergency. We try to be accessible as much as we can.

Believe me, Janna can answer any question. She has in incredible amount of knowledge when it comes to hair transplantation, and loves to get calls between 2:00 am - 4:00 am.(Just kidding) When I used to work in Dr Shapiro's Minneapolis office and here in my Boca Raton, Florida clinic we always are available. I give all patients my cell phone number and call them the evening of the procedure to check up on them. I also have 1 night per week were we offer late appointments for consultations or follow ups and also an occasional Saturday.

mmhce,

As Janna and Dr. Charles pointed out, many surgeons will give their personal cell phone to their patients in the event of an emergency. All 3 of my doctors gave me theirs and it was very reassuring to me. Thankfully, I never needed to use it, but knowing that they were available for emergencies was a lot of comfort. For non-emergencies, I would ask questions to members of this community while I was still new and learning. Their support and knowledge was a Godsend.

Best wishes,

Bill

I see patients on about every other saturday morning and if someone is flying in from away, I'll try to be available on Sunday's too.

I only live about 2 miles from the office, so its easy to see people who can't get there during normal hours.

That being said, I do try to bunch appts together on weekends so the staff and I aren't there all day, particularly if there is a no show.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians