Not All Coalition Dr's Offer Consultations???

Originally posted by Janna:

Again I apologize. It sounds like there are few things I need to take care of at the front office come Monday. icon_smile.gif

As a businessman, she definitely needs more training. Afterall, she is the first impression for Dr. Shapiro and his office. A good impression was not left with me. I felt like she had something more urgent that she needed to get back to and I was just another "tire kicker" taking up her precious time.

I plan on flying to NYC myself, and will be going for a consult in Arizona as well, it all boils down to who you think can do the best with what you have left. If a doctor charges for a consultation fee, they are off the short list. There are plenty of others who have the requisite expertise to perform the surgery/repair who dont charge, and it pays to find out where they are (no pun intended).

I've seen repairs by Feller that puts him at the top of my list, I can't say I've ever seen any repair work by H&W (but have seen incredible results on virgin scalps) It's worth asking them what % of patients are repair patients. Based on location they are relatively close to you in Vancouver. Dr. Gabel in Portland is also not too far away and might be worth a visit, and Dr. Alexander and Dr. Keene do great work in Arizona.

Good luck.

Snakeoil,

I couldn't agree with you more. We do understand the first impressions are with the front office, that's why this will be my number one priorty Monday. Your impression is NOT acceptable by any means. And I cannot apologize enough. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Originally posted by wylie:

I plan on flying to NYC myself, and will be going for a consult in Arizona as well, it all boils down to who you think can do the best with what you have left. If a doctor charges for a consultation fee, they are off the short list. There are plenty of others who have the requisite expertise to perform the surgery/repair who dont charge, and it pays to find out where they are (no pun intended).

I've seen repairs by Feller that puts him at the top of my list, I can't say I've ever seen any repair work by H&W (but have seen incredible results on virgin scalps) It's worth asking them what % of patients are repair patients. Based on location they are relatively close to you in Vancouver. Dr. Gabel in Portland is also not too far away and might be worth a visit, and Dr. Alexander and Dr. Keene do great work in Arizona.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input and doctor recommendations. That's a great question that I will add to my "question arsenal". Have you consulted with Dr. Gabel? Dr. Feller actually recommended Dr. Gabel if I wanted to find a doc. "closer to home". I thought that was pretty cool of Dr. Feller.

Snake,

Glad that Janna caught this thread--b/c the information given is wholly inaccurate.

Most of the time, Matt will work with just about any time slot, but guys, there are a ton of people in and out of the office in person in the evenings as well as constant phone calls.

That is no excuse for ANYONE coming away with a poor feeling--- no doc is for every patient, but that shouldn't be determined by the receptionist.

Everyone should know as well that I am available to talk at weird hours if an late night or weekend chat is needed.

(I know most of you know this already)

PM me any time and I will get back to you ASAP.

Anyway, glad that you shared your experience with us--- obviously I would have liked it to be better, but send me a PM and let's talk baldie to baldie, cool?

(That goes for anyone else BTW)

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

You are smart to travel for your consults. Sounds like you being very proactive in your research. This is a must, particularly when your donor resources are running low.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

snakeoil,

I'd definitely keep Feller at the top of the list. I would consult with Alexander too as his work just looks incredibly natural. Gabel studied with Feller and though I have'nt seen much of his work, what I have seen looked just as clean and impressive immediate post-op as Feller...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

You should go see Doctor Siporin, he is in Los Angeles and I feel he did a great job on me last month. he does not charge a consult fee and he has had HT surgury himself.I went to Bosley and Peterson 17 years ago and this time around everything went great. I see no reason to go out of state when you can stay local.

Originally posted by socalguy:

You should go see Doctor Siporin, he is in Los Angeles and I feel he did a great job on me last month. he does not charge a consult fee and he has had HT surgury himself.I went to Bosley and Peterson 17 years ago and this time around everything went great. I see no reason to go out of state when you can stay local.

Thanks for the recommendation on Dr. Siporin. I think it makes sense to at least have a consultation with a local coalition doctor.

hairthere...Dr. Feller is at the top of my list so far. Funny thing you should mention Dr. Gabel, as Dr. Feller recommended him along with Dr. Shapiro and Hasson & Wong if I didn't want to travel to NY. I thought Dr. Feller was super cool. He's definitely passionate about his work .

Just an FYI: Dr. Siporin is not a member of the Coalition however, he is recommended.

To learn the difference between the standards of recommendation and the Coalition, click here.

Dr. Siporin however, is an excellent surgeon and I believe based on the ultra refined work he has been doing that he is most likely elligible for the Coalition. We will know in time.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello Snakeoil,

I was just reading your post and thought I would chime in.The following is a link to a patient from the same Dr.I chose for my HT,though this patient had repair work done.I think the results look great.Even though Dr.McClellan is not a coalition member here,I was impressed enough to go with him and am very happy with the surgery and my results after only 6 months.

Scooter

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/hair_loss_treatments/hair_t...nt_correctproced.cfm

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Scooter...Thanks for your reply. It was actually your "repair" success story that gave me hope and got me going on my own "repair" journey. WOW! Is all I can say about your results. You must feel like a new person.

I asked Dr. Feller about removing the old plugs and repositioning them as Dr. McClellan did for you. Feller was against doing this for two reasons. 1. Survivability of the grafts taken from the old plugs and 2. Creation of more scar tissue from the old plug sites...meaning less blood flow in scar tissue and less chance of FUT survival in the old plug sites.

Therefore he recommended dense packing inbetween and in front of the old plugs. Perhaps others could comment on the different approaches between Dr. McClellan and Dr. Feller. I have to say your results look fantastic!!!

Originally posted by scooter:

Hello Snakeoil,

I was just reading your post and thought I would chime in.The following is a link to a patient from the same Dr.I chose for my HT,though this patient had repair work done.I think the results look great.Even though Dr.McClellan is not a coalition member here,I was impressed enough to go with him and am very happy with the free consultation,surgery and my results after only 6 months.

Scooter

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/hair_loss_treatments/hair_t...nt_correctproced.cfm

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

Snake,

Actually that isnt me,but a patient named Dean and this story was one of the reasons why I chose my Dr.back in May.I am glad you were inspired like I was by this excellent work.Anyways,I know you will choose the right Dr. and plan for you and you will be thrilled.Good luck in your upcoming procedure and pls keep us posted.

Scooter

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs