EMAN's Big Day...Sept. 24!!!

Eman

Well, the time has finally come. The waffling, straddling the fence, and simply flip flopping about having a HT has come to an end.

The war between my soldiers (hairs) and big bad forehead has been waging on for too many years and I decided it was time to call up the reserves/guardsman/other troops that are hanging out on the back of my head. Big bad forehead has accumulated too much real estate and it's time to attempt to even the playing field on the front half of my head. The soldiers that have been holding up the back are definitely ready for active duty!!

In all seriousness, I am headed in to have a HT on Sept. 24th with (drum roll please!!) Dr. Rahal. The initial estimate is for 4500 grafts (like everyone else, hopefully more).

A little about myself: 6'3, 34 year old, blonde hair and a NW4 or so. Most of my loss is in the front half, the crown is still holding up well (taking 1/4 Proscar daily).

I have spent almost three years researching, making calls, meeting with patients, and simply talking with friends/family about it. The decision to go ahead with a HT was tough, but I feel the time is finally right for me.

I will update this forum (which I am extremely thankful for!!) with my progress, including pictures.

If ANYONE has any questions or comments, please post. PM me if you would like. I am also more than willing to meet up or talk on the phone. After the surgery, I will have a lot of down time icon_biggrin.gif...

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Well, the time has finally come. The waffling, straddling the fence, and simply flip flopping about having a HT has come to an end.

The war between my soldiers (hairs) and big bad forehead has been waging on for too many years and I decided it was time to call up the reserves/guardsman/other troops that are hanging out on the back of my head. Big bad forehead has accumulated too much real estate and it's time to attempt to even the playing field on the front half of my head. The soldiers that have been holding up the back are definitely ready for active duty!!

In all seriousness, I am headed in to have a HT on Sept. 24th with (drum roll please!!) Dr. Rahal. The initial estimate is for 4500 grafts (like everyone else, hopefully more).

A little about myself: 6'3, 34 year old, blonde hair and a NW4 or so. Most of my loss is in the front half, the crown is still holding up well (taking 1/4 Proscar daily).

I have spent almost three years researching, making calls, meeting with patients, and simply talking with friends/family about it. The decision to go ahead with a HT was tough, but I feel the time is finally right for me.

I will update this forum (which I am extremely thankful for!!) with my progress, including pictures.

If ANYONE has any questions or comments, please post. PM me if you would like. I am also more than willing to meet up or talk on the phone. After the surgery, I will have a lot of down time icon_biggrin.gif...

Eman

My initial HT thread:

Good luck m8, though you don't really need it! Look forward to your pics, and I am sure your procedure will be exceedingly smooth -- just don't get too comfy w/ the oxy and vicodin post-op!!! icon_wink.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Eman,

I am glad to see that you've finally made your decision public! I confess to the community, I knew this was coming since we had talked a few weeks back!

Congratulations on your decision in selecting a world renowned surgeon. Based on what I remember seeing from your pictures, 4500 grafts will go along way.

I hope you'll document your entire process with us so we can support you and follow your progress.

Your life changing transformation is around the corner my friend.

Best wishes in your upcoming surgery and forthcoming head of hair icon_smile.gif

Bill

Thanks for the posts guys and the support!!

PGP- Yes, I am in Chicago. Live in the heart of Lincoln Park.

All- I will definitely be posting pics. At some point this weekend I will place my consult pics up and also have the gf take a few more to give everyone an idea of where I stand. I also told Rahal that I want to document as much as possible. This forum gave a lot to me, so I plan to do the same.

Eman

My initial HT thread:

Hi Eman,

It's a big step and truly can be life altering, but you've made a great choice with Rahal and soon enough you will see the positive results of your actions. By next spring you will look like a different man, the one you remember from your past.

Although you're never too old for a HT, I'm excited for the guys who do this when they are young as they get to enjoy the fruits of their bold decision in the prime of their life.

All the best and looking forward to seeing your blog.

Kman - older and further down the alphabet too!

Well, I fly out in 12 hours. Been fine mentally for the most part (ok- none of us really are icon_wink.gif), but a little on edge. Sleep should be fine tonight, but know that tomorrow night will be a different story (got an ambien from a friend).

Did the big grocery shopping trip, cleaned my place, cut my finger nails, and packed. Now just need to chill (would love a beer right now!!) and get ready for the big day.

Tired of doing the scalp exercises, that is for sure. Tired of waiting and know that there is more waiting once done.

I took some pics after going to the beach and riding my motorcyle on Sunday (yes we actually have some nice beaches here in Chicago, right on Lake Michigan). I will post them upon my return from Canada along with Dr. Rahal's pre and post of pics. I figure that I will have a little bit of time to spend on the laptop post surgery.

Eman

My initial HT thread:

Looking forward to hearing about your experience, graft count, etc..

I have elected to go with Dr.Rahal myself and will be in the office on October 14th for my procedure.

How long were you doing the laxity exercises for? icon_smile.gif

Happy growing my friend.

hey Eman!

I just joined on here. your procedure looks like it went great, congrats.

you are going to have great results.

p.s. does anyone know how to change an avatat on here when using a mac?

2998 grafts/ Dr. Rahal/ 9/11/2007

My Hair Loss Weblog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

Pretty damn happy

Good of you to join. And a public 'thank you' for speaking with me in the past year regarding having a HT. Your candor and sense of humor really helped in making my decision.

You should post your results on this site so everyone can see your awesome results!

Eman

My initial HT thread:

hey eman,

thanks man, I'm happy my sense of humor toward life and hair transplants helped, you made a good choice, you wont regret it.

as for pics, I tried to start up something on here yesterday and gave up after realizing how long I was tinkering around. I will make one eventually, but unfortunately I have little time for anything lately.

take it easy man and i look forward to seeing your progress!

2998 grafts/ Dr. Rahal/ 9/11/2007

My Hair Loss Weblog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

Pretty damn happy