longest time with transplants?

just sitting here thinking to myself and started to wonder about this.

we have all gotten HTs on the basis that the transplanted hair will be resistant to the effects of DHT and should last a lifetime, so who is the patient with the oldest ( longest time with transplants ) transplant on the forum or elsewhere and have the transplanted hairs resisted DHT ?

any ideas guys??

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

just sitting here thinking to myself and started to wonder about this.

we have all gotten HTs on the basis that the transplanted hair will be resistant to the effects of DHT and should last a lifetime, so who is the patient with the oldest ( longest time with transplants ) transplant on the forum or elsewhere and have the transplanted hairs resisted DHT ?

any ideas guys??

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Irish,

It is a good question,

I am probably not the longest to have transplants still growing but I will tell you those frigging plugs I got back in the early 1980's are still going strong. In fact, my recent HT 2 1/2 weeks ago was also a repair session to thin out these plugs from 25 or so years ago. It will take another session to eliminate those bastards which tells you they are very resilient.

I think maybe "Arfy" and some others have had them longer.

NoBuzz

irish,

Interesting discussion. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you who the longest is...but I'll be interested to see who chimes in. I do know, however, that many people who have posted on various forums over the years have talked and shown pictures of transplants they got in the 80s of awful looking mini-grafts and they are still growing strong.

Bill

Hi All:

This is an interesting topic...I'm an veteran HT patient--my orignal HT was in 1976 when I received about 50 large plugs in my hairline--I got about 50 more in 1985 to increase density...they've continued to grow since they were implanted--yes, they were very nasty looking!!!...fortunatley medical science developed the FUT & I received about 3500 grafts in 2001/2002, which have hidden the plugs to a great degree...one day soon I hope to get about 2000 more grafts to complete the job...I guess we're never too old to improve ourselves, huh?

Mike

Wow Mike1651,

I'd say you take 1st prize for personally having the oldest HT on the site icon_cool.gif. Glad to hear they're still growing................31 years later!!

Thanks for chiming in!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi

If the doctor takes the donor hair from the correct area and nothing crazy happens in the future, you should have the hair for life.. Most bald men in their 70-80's still have donor hair on the sides .. Everyone in my family does but they don't have it on the top.. Propecia will also help you to keep existing hair as well

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!