Trust A Mexican Clinic?

I'm less than a week post op, I'm flying to Mexico on Monday, so 10 days post op I will be out of the country (am going to be there for a while). I discussed this with Dr. Rahal already but would like some feedback from you guys. His advice was to wait 14 days post op and try to find a clean, reputable clinic to have them yanked. I'm going to do some volunteer work so not sure when I'll be where, not a life or death situations but my predicament is:

Do I get my sutures out here in the states early and flirt with whatever risks come with that

OR

Have them removed from Lord knows where in Mexico and flirt with the risks that could come with that??

I'm less than a week post op, I'm flying to Mexico on Monday, so 10 days post op I will be out of the country (am going to be there for a while). I discussed this with Dr. Rahal already but would like some feedback from you guys. His advice was to wait 14 days post op and try to find a clean, reputable clinic to have them yanked. I'm going to do some volunteer work so not sure when I'll be where, not a life or death situations but my predicament is:

Do I get my sutures out here in the states early and flirt with whatever risks come with that

OR

Have them removed from Lord knows where in Mexico and flirt with the risks that could come with that??

i've seen guys that have removed the staples themselves. i will say that i had mine taken out in feller's office by one of his techs and while it wasn't horrible, it's also no walk in the park. some of those bastards really stung coming out. not sure i would want to have it done in some random mexican clinic. however, if you're worried about damage being done to the scar, i don't think it's an issue. whatever you decide good luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Originally posted by MeBlindMelon:

OR

i have also seen posts of guy taking them out themselves, i would think youd be able to find a good enough clinic in mexico to just remove your staples(its not heart surgerY) but then again im in no where near your situation. Good idea getting the transplant then bookin to mexico...great idea...expensive idea...stll a great idea.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

MBM,

I just looked at your surgery data and you had 3,000 graft session, so I would try to follow your doctor's recommendation to keep the sutures in for the full 14 days. One day before or after wouldn't make much of a diff., but I would try to follow his advice and look for a clean, reputable clinic in Mexico. Your donor site is pretty much healed on the outside, so I don't see how it would get jeopardized just because you're in Mexico. Non medical professionals take sutures out for patients all the time in the states. You just need someone who is experienced in removing them.

Your immediate post op pics indicate very nice ht work. Congrats. Good luck in Mexico.

MBM,

Staples removal is very easy and basically anyone can do it. But you used the word "sutures". These are more difficult to remove.

Either way, keeping them in for a full 14 days at the advice of Dr. Rahal is a good idea.

Regarding where you get them removed - just make sure you have someone who knows what they are doing remove them in a clean environment, regardless of location icon_wink.gif

Bill

My girlfriend took my staples out for me!!

However Dr Feller did provided me with a specific tool used for the removal of staples! If you can get hold of this tool anyone can do it!! Maybe try your local pharmacist.

As long as the tool is sterilised I imagine it would be fine!

I'd research some places in Mexico ahead of time and try to find one that won't end up giving you a lobotomy; and/or, like what air1 has said, see if Rahal can recommend a specific tool or tecnique that you can have someone else use.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!