Surgeons in Sydney Australia

Does anyone know of any good hair surgeons in Sydney Australia?

Also if you do not recommend hair transplant for a 23 year old, what would be the next best solution who wants to restore a small area crown area?

For some reason one side of my head has receeded more than the other side (nearly twice as much)is this normal? So i just want to restore the worst side first.

Thanking you in advance.

Does anyone know of any good hair surgeons in Sydney Australia?

Also if you do not recommend hair transplant for a 23 year old, what would be the next best solution who wants to restore a small area crown area?

For some reason one side of my head has receeded more than the other side (nearly twice as much)is this normal? So i just want to restore the worst side first.

Thanking you in advance.

Dr Knudsen double bay, dr Marla Martinick.

(May have spelt their names wrong)

Both have decent reputations and I think they only do strip.

The US doctors are probablt better tho, Armani Hasson & Wong etc.

Dr Woods, the inventor of FUE is in Sydney as well.

There is no doc in Australia worth going to other than Woods.

However, he desires your first-born for his services.

Take some clear pics and at 23, you need to research some FUE docs for a 500-1000 graft touch-up in the crown.

However, you should know that chasing a bald-crown spot at an early age is a recipe for disaster.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators
There is no doc in Australia worth going to other than Woods.

Actually, there is an excellent surgeon in Australia who has been recommended on the Hair Transplant Network for over four years now with quality patient reviews. Her name is Dr. Jennifer Martinick.

As for Dr. Ray Woods, B Spot I hope you don't believe all his self serving hype. The real truth about him is well documented on this forum going back over five years, including his attempts to sell his FUE secrets to physicians in seminars costing over $100,000 rather than share such info openly like ethical physicians regularly do. Thank God he didn't have a secret cure for cancer :-)

Of course, physicians went around and over him once they found out there was no real secret but rather a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

No, I think Dr. Woods is a competant HT doc, just way over-priced and way to full of himself.

The point of my reference was to prompt a look at the States or Cananda.

Your 100% right in your assessment of his ethical stance regarding his "school"

Because Dr. Martinick is only a recommended doc, and I believe our job is to steer people to the BEST docs we can, I would not feel comfortable sending someone to Dr. Martinick first.

Obviously, if one could not leave Australia and one was ok with doing sessions of 1500-1800(I believe she does not do larger sessions) grafts regardless of level of baldness, then I would say Dr. Martinick would be the best choice.

However, I will do my best to make sure a TOP Coalition doc is considered first.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi everyone,

thank you all for the help and advice.

I have heard a lot about Dr Martinick and she seems to have a good reputation but i think she is quite expensive.

I have contacted her, and she does perform FUE, which is what i am after.

B Spot, why would you not recommend people to see Dr Martinick as she is quite reputatle?

• 2 months later...
Pat - Publisher of this Community

You shouldnt be so quick to trust,Damo has been caught shilling martinick everywhere.She butchered me big time and left me out in the cold .I am taking legal action as we speak through the health complaints commission.To anyone thinking of getting a hair transplant. if its FUE go to woods and try and get a good price , IF you cnat i reccommend you going overseas to america,Australia is knows for its horrible surgeons in all fields of cosmetic surgery.

Dave,

what happened with Martinick? How did she butcher you? How were you tricked? What was her response to your issues? Has she attempted to assist you? All these questions...

Bundy

ok ill start off by saying i used to post on hairlosstalk and i was 23 years and did not do my research,I listened to damos advice to go see martinick.I went and seen one of her staff at there clinic in bondi.They said they would do 800 FUE for me for about $9.500,When i went to have my 2nd consultation with martinick herself she told me she was an expert in FUE and that it was her specialty.I went ahead with the operation not knowing what would happen.When the op was over i was very exited i could see the scabs where the grafts where placed looked pretty good and i couldnt wait for my hair to grow.unfortunatley around 60% of the hair grafts actully grew.After many times of going back to see her she told me it wasnt her fault .That i had further hairloss.but the thing is where i had the grafts done i was completley bald.she didnt want to know about it.When i told her to check my preop photos she told me they had been lost icon_rolleyes.gif.I practically begged her to try and fix my hair she refused.I now have only about 3 grand to get my hair fixed.This is not enouth though.I am forced to shave my head now because the hair growth from the transplant is very thin and looks stupid grown out.A hairdresser told me my hair looked stringy i think thats the best way to describe it.

And this damo shill did not lift a finger to help although he said he would on the other forum.Do not trust this guy.He is in her ad in the yellow pages and denies even knowing about it.He is on countless forums spreading her propoganda.Why would anyone do this? No happy patient would join ten foums spreading crap.he would stay in one.Hes a shil mate be carefull.Do your own research.

$9,500?

for 800 grafts- is that expensive?

i have seeen prices quoted for around $7500 for 1000 grafts?

how much does dr wood charge? does anyone know..i have heard its expensive??

what is fue??? im a nooob

i am considering seeeing dr knudsel anyone know anything about him?

DaveJoseph, sorry to hear about your bad running with Dr Martinick mate.

I went to her clinic in Bondi as well about a month ago now and man let me tell you, it was not what i expected, considering the reputation she has over here. It was in a little crappy Private hospital building with other surgeons. I have made a post recently about my experience.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=149122

I dont want to sound to negative about you dave, but your the first person i have come across that has had problems with Dr Martinick. I have spoken to a number of patients of hers and they are all very happy with her work.

As with Damo, he has helped me out heaps. He replies to all my emails on questions i have. But you have to admit that they did a good job on Damo. Maybe she is just not good with FUE, but good with strip.

When i went to her initial consultation, they didnt recommend FUE to me even though it was about 600-800 grafts for the temple. So i think shes only good with the strip method.

However Dr Knudsen is also worth a visit. I have made another appointment with him to see if i can get some work done on the temple area.

I didnt want to get Dr Martinick to do it cause she was charging alot more than Dr Knudsen and also her staff did not seem as useful as Dr Knudsens. He actually got me to go on propecia straight away and gave me a 6 months prescription (based on taking 3 pills a week instead of everyday) and told me to go back and see him when it runs out. But for some reason over the last month or 2 my hair has receeded even faster, so now i think i need more than 1000 grafts to fix the temple.

By the way, i have a quick question for everyone. Has anyone who just started propecia feel that you hair loss in the hairline receeded faster?

do you have pictures jojjojo?

what were the prices charged?

Are they pretty up front about their pricing policy?

Do either of those doctors make any guarantees? or make any suggestions about the ssuccess rate of their transplants?

how long until you can get boooked in for surgery with knudsen? what is the waiting period?

what did he say about taking propecia every second day ? why do you do that instead of everyday? is it still effective?

Have you suffered any other side effects from propecia?

tell me everything jo jo jo.

thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

dr knudsen in sydney, has advertised i think about 1500 grafts for $10 k

$12.6 k for 2000

Does anyone know if those prices are cheap or expensive compared to other surgeons in Australia?

Does anyone have any estimates of other surgeons in sydney?

Does anyone know how much that female Australian coalition dr charges?

Thanks

Bill, I forgot which thread i asked, but i wanted to know if i could put up a link to a surgeon in sydney? is that ok?

I am considering going there for my HT, but was hoping some of you smart and experienced ht veterans could give me your impressions of the site and his services?

If you think it looks professional or shit? how qualified he is etc?

Do i have permission to post the address up? just for a few days??

Thank you Bill.

There are coalition drs in Australia correct? do you know of any price schedules they have online?

What do you mean when you suggest they are coalition drs? does that just mean they pay you to advertise? or they actually met some standards or are members of some professional organisation?