procedure this time and he seemed more rushed. Also, the graft technicians

were not the same ones and seemed to rush right along. I now know that it

may take over six months to know if my procedure went well. Has anyone had

experience with Dr Phillips in Boston? And how much importance is the skills

of the techs versus the skill of the surgeon. I was told that the surgeon

actually angles the holes so that the techs can't put the graft in at the

wrong angle. Any feedback would be welcome and I will post my results when I

see them

If you've had great results 3 times in the past, you should be fine. I picked a doc who places atleast half of the grafts himself, but a number of excellent clinics have techs place all the grafts, so its not uncommon these days.

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

Thanks. I think it will be ok also. But this time was a little different because it was a much larger procedure, the surgeon and techs seemed rushed, and before most of the work was done behind my hairline. This time they brought the entire hairline forward and even did the temples and part of my sideburns. I'm a little concerned about the sideburns looking natural and this will be the firt time my entire hairline will be all grafts. Before, my entire hairline with the exception of about one inch on each side of my hairline was my orgianl hairline which made detection very difficult. I know I can't go back now but It seems that nobody has anything to good to say about Bosley. I think most of the negative is about their sales like attitude and trapping people more so than their doing bad work(At least this is what I hope.) I can't find anyone on this site that says Bosley is even ok

I just realized that i'm worrying for no reason. I had three successful procedures with Dr. Phillips before so this one should turn out the same. The more I read about Bosley on this and other forams, the more I expect that I will have bad results. I agree Bosley as a franchise is overpriced, uses unethical tactics, and some have had some bad experiences. The reality is that it's the surgeon and not the outfit that determines what results you will have. I read about the Bosley trainging program and it's a joke. But Dr Phillips has been at Bosley since 1992 and was transplanting hair even before coming on board at Bosley. I just found out last week he is leaving this Dec though. If I need more work I probably wont go back to Bosley. If Dr Phillips were still there after I got excellent results after a 4th HR, I sure as hell would go back to him regardless of the cost. I also think that all candidates are different. Perhaps my Dr works well with my hair and hair loss type.

richard,

I dont mean to cause any unnecessary stress, but I had a procedure done w/ Dr. Phillips in Feb of 07 and it didnt turn out well at all. He was only there to cut out my strip, punch holes in my head, "which he did very fast, and then sew me up. Other than that I never saw him.

Dr. Phillips was very rude to me during my follow up w/ him 9 months later. He got offensive when I told him I wasnt happy.

Luckily he is retiring this year.

If you had success w/ this jerk than good for you really I mean it, but if you have any donar IMO you should consider going somewhere besides bosley.

Originally posted by richardrr1972:

I just realized that i'm worrying for no reason. I had three successful procedures with Dr. Phillips before so this one should turn out the same. The more I read about Bosley on this and other forams, the more I expect that I will have bad results. I agree Bosley as a franchise is overpriced, uses unethical tactics, and some have had some bad experiences. The reality is that it's the surgeon and not the outfit that determines what results you will have. I read about the Bosley trainging program and it's a joke. But Dr Phillips has been at Bosley since 1992 and was transplanting hair even before coming on board at Bosley. I just found out last week he is leaving this Dec though. If I need more work I probably wont go back to Bosley. If Dr Phillips were still there after I got excellent results after a 4th HR, I sure as hell would go back to him regardless of the cost. I also think that all candidates are different. Perhaps my Dr works well with my hair and hair loss type.

Richard,

Honestly, I was actually fairly "happy" with my first transplant mostly because I didn't know any better; and the lady at Hair Club For Men told me mine looked pretty good.

I'm not saying you don't know any better, but I think it would be wise for you to do a little comparison shopping. Check about pricing from Feller, Cooley or Lindsey. Not saying pricing is #1, but I think you'll find them competitive with some of the best results in the world. Others, too.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

"I dont mean to cause any unnecessary stress, but I had a procedure done w/ Dr. Phillips in Feb of 07 and it didnt turn out well at all. He was only there to cut out my strip, punch holes in my head, "which he did very fast, and then sew me up. Other than that I never saw him.

Dr. Phillips was very rude to me during my follow up w/ him 9 months later. He got offensive when I told him I wasnt happy"

Do you mind explaing anything Dr Phillips did besides be rude to you and make the incisions fast? I understand this is not acceptible but what specifically was wrong with your procedure aside from the way you were treated? I don't care much for Bosley in general but went back to Dr. Phillips because "I know" he did a good job on my first three procedures. I have a good head of hair thanks to his three procedures and I have people actually don't believe me when I say my hair is transplanted until I show them the donor scars.

Do you mind explaing anything Dr Phillips did besides be rude to you and make the incisions fast?

Well, besides being rude and making the incisions to fast the most important thing was that Im 1.5 years out and now have less hair than before and a large scar to boot. I dont need any other reason for my distain for him.

You may have gotten lucky or maybe I caught him on a bad day, but either way I would never consider/recommend him again and am glad that he is retiring so he cant hack any one else up.