KamCal HT Photos with Dr. Hasson: 3664 grafts

KamCal

Thanks FS, Balody and Spex for your comments and for the links. I really appreciate it Spex. I still remain positive that my final result (hopefully) in the course of the next several months will thicken up in a way that the transplanted hair blend in with my native hairs. Especially with that high number of grafts packed in the front 1/3 of the scalp and some sprinkled in the mid scalp. I should be able to brush back and hopefully my scalp will not be see through anymore, like Bill, Glock, JoTronic, bobman, Hairbank, etc...

I guess I will find out in the next several months. I will keep you guys posted. Balody and FS you both look great. Happy growing to both of you as well.

KamCal

3664 Grafts with Dr. Hasson - Oct. 5th, 2007

My Hair Loss Weblog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kam,

Great to see your new update and the progress is looking really good. One thing you need to realize is that once the new hair comes it then it is more difficult to see the improvements. When there is suddenly hair where once there was none the difference is obvious. The improvements after that are not so obvious in the same time frame so it takes longer to really see how it improves. By ten months you will be able to look back and see a big difference compared to months 5/6. Trust me, I went through this as have most others. It WILL keep going up.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

K.C.,

already a very nice change from your pre-op pics!

I bet the next 3-4 months is when you are going to see

the most *dramatic* change, as all of these hairs continue to

thicken and mature...

thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Congrats and keep us posted!

Hey KamCal,

Just came across your thread.........took a little break from the boards for awhile but I'm back!!

Looks good my friend, really does. Remember, you're not done growing yet. Just compare your before after pics to see how far you've come. I know in my case, the crownwork took a little longer to grow and mature, I actually still noticed change from 9mo-1yr.

I'll be anxious to follow along with your updates!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hey, thanks Joe for the response. I have to say that I am very happy with my result with Dr. Hasson and I get comments on my new head of hair pretty much on a daily basis. That's a great feeling to be able to wake up in the morning and actually be able to brush my hair again. Thanks to everyone at H&W. Although more density won't hurt at all and I am sure it will come with time. You are right when you said the change is not that noticeable once the hairs are out. I had major hair growth around 6 weeks ago and since then I have not noticed much change in the hair diameter (density). OK maybe a little icon_smile.gif

ng2gb: thanks for the comment. I know I am very excited and can't wait for the next couple of months to arrive to see my final result once my hairs have thickened and matured.

And hairbank, glad to see you back here again icon_smile.gif I know I can't even believe how I looked like when I was 2-3 months post op. I have come along way for sure and am very happy so far. hopefully the hairs will thicken up and will blend in with the rest of my head.

I will def. keep you guys posted.

Thanks.

KamCal

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 1 month later...

Hello all. I have added my 7 months photos. The result looks great and I have had a huge cosmetic improvement (Thanks to Dr. Hasson and his staff) and I am very happy so far at the 7 month mark. Hopefully, the hairs become even thicker over the next several months. As you see, still the top down picture is not very thick and the scalp is see through. I am hoping that from 7 to 10 months post op my hairs become thick and mature.

Feel free to comment.

Thanks.

KamCal

My Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks Balody and Bill for the comments. I know I am very excited about my result and I see improvement pretty much day to day. However, I can definitely use some more thickenning and maturing to imrove the top down view. One question: if you guys look at my immediately post op picture, Dr. Hasson transplanted the hairs on the left side of my head like a "reverse L" shape. But, that's the area that still needs thickenning and improvement. I don't get why? Even if it doesn't improve I don't think I'll go for the second round as I would like to keep my donor in reserve in case I started to lose more hairs. I am 30 now and although fin seems to be working in slowing down my hair loss, who knows what will happen in 10 years from now. Dr. Hasson estimated that I have about 2500 more grafts via strip which totalls a little more than 6000 grafts combining with my 3650 first round. I am assuming I have another 2k via FUE, so I should be in good shape. Well, hopefully. Anyway I have at least 5 more months to go and improve with my first procedure.

Balody, you definitely looking good yourself these days. I am happy for all of us. Congrats!

I will keep you guys posted.

KamCal

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 months later...

hey kamcal

I think your being to harsh on yourself with them older top view shots , nobody really sees us from directly above , and under harsh lighting , so I wouldn't worry .

I like the way Dr Hasson has placed your grafts to maximise your gain , one question though , on some of the picse it looks like you've shaved down below your hairline ,is this to remove some native stragler hairs to strenthen the look of your hairline ? does the job if so

I think you look great for 10 months , even , like Bill said the older 6 and 7 month pics show a great improvement , this is usually when we start to notice and you can certainly see from your pics how your HT has come on .

Your hair will thicken up over the next year and you hair line will improve even more bud .

Sometimes pics like your normal outdoor ones show us in normal circumstances , this is how other people see us and , I beleive these pics offer us a more realistic view of our overall progress .

Oh and your sister looks kinda hot too hahahahaha

good luck bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

hey Kamkal,

i think i know how u feel at 10 months, i am at a similar stage. ur results have come a long way since the early months. i remember that nasty shock loss, boy its good to get over that period asap.

but great result Bro, no more the "bald " guy in the picture.

as the members say, its still not finished..u should get even better in next 6 months :-)

in the meantime, happy growing

all the best

FS

Real good stuff, man... as others have said, you won't be The Baldie in pictures anymore!!

Enjoy your locks; they will only continue to improve and mature in the coming months. icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

KamCal,

I think your hair looks great. Obviously from the top position in natural lighting, it is going to look a little thinner. But your hair is going to continue to thicken and mature.

But you may also consider growing your hair a little longer which might help enhance the illusion of density.

Best wishes,

Bill

I second the growing it out a bit longer; when my hair gets even "a bit" too short I lose some of the ability to create a layering effect, and from a top-down angle it doesn't look nearly as dense.

Also, I can't recommend enough Garnier Fructos' Surf Hair combined w/ some sort of wax/paste -- I almost feel bad using it. icon_smile.gif Totally s8 up hair styling product(s), but works REALLY well in making each of your hairs look their best and giving them a certain....radiance....lol....I also think it adds a slight "wave" to your hair, which, of course, is a general, perceived-density booster.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have to apologize for responding with a delay. I was out of town for a week and just got back home. It definitely feels great not to be bald anymore.

Richie48: Thanks for your comment. You noticed it right. I shave just below my hairline to enhance the natural look. Those are my natural hairs that are still hanging there. I might consider laser them.

FS: Thank you for the comment. We both have come along way in this journey. I wish you all the best for the second one.

PGP: Well, I have tried to grow them in the early days right after my surgery but the grow in an upside down "T" shape and will not look natural at all since I comb my hair from front to back. I can grow them if I comb sideway (left to right).

Bill: again thanks for the comment. Yes, I can still notice the difference as months go on.

Thana: Your result look great as well. As a matter of fact, I decided to grow my hair longer. We will see how it tuns out.

And Balody: Thanks. It feels good to get all these positive comments. Your hairs look pretty good as well. Enjoy it.

I will keep you guys updated at the one year mark.

Thanks everyone.

Kam <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

My Hair Loss Weblog