Questions on removing old ht strip scars with T-Closure

Getting ready to make appointment with Dr. True and Dr. Dorin real soon. I have had 2 previous HT strip scar procedures done by the same mediocre below average doctor. So now I have 2 strip scars, top scar ear to ear and bottom scar not as long. I cut side of hair with 2# guard top scar is visible. Also my results from the 2 HT are disappointing.

If I decide to get another HT this time with Trichophytic Closure can a good Doc like True or Dorin remove my 2 old scars? If yes how is this possible? I mean how can take 2 scars and removed them with the new T Closure scar?

Getting ready to make appointment with Dr. True and Dr. Dorin real soon. I have had 2 previous HT strip scar procedures done by the same mediocre below average doctor. So now I have 2 strip scars, top scar ear to ear and bottom scar not as long. I cut side of hair with 2# guard top scar is visible. Also my results from the 2 HT are disappointing.

If I decide to get another HT this time with Trichophytic Closure can a good Doc like True or Dorin remove my 2 old scars? If yes how is this possible? I mean how can take 2 scars and removed them with the new T Closure scar?

>>I had two scars and my doc got rid of both and >>left me with one after my third HT

Dear Tkerr22,

I'm so sorry, if I ask a stupid question. I'm new HERE.

How EXACTLY Your doc got rif of both of Your scars? It's kind of surgery or something?

The new hair will grow where was a scar(s)? Will the scar(s) would be removed complitely? And, what about third scar? Should You wait for a while before You can remove it too and can it be removed permonently later on, as well?

It's my main concern, so far. I did 1,553 grafts at San Francisco Bosley office 6 days ago and my scar looks horrible. I'm a kick-boxer and I have to have a short hair cut, Number 2, to be precise. How long should I wait before I have to do something aboun my scar?

Thanks a lot,

Alec.

Hello Alec and welcome to the forums,

In order to understand how a doctor would convert 2 scars into one, you have to understand how hair transplant surgery works. As long as your 2 scars are close to one another and have the laxity, Dr. True or another top doc will be able to cut a strip from the back and sides of your head, cutting out both scars in the strip of skin with the hair and use the Trico closure method creating one new scar where the 2 old scars have been removed. The hair follicles will be removed from the skin and transplanted onto the top of your head. I hope that helps answer your question.

Bill

Hey guys thanks fo the responses.

Bill that looks like excellent work by Dr. True. If you read what I said up top about my situation I want to remove my 2 old scars with the T-Closer how is this possible without messing around with the skin on the back of your scalp? What is laxity? My 2 scars are about 1/2 to 5/8 inches away from each other.

Bill can I ask how much it cost to get 2200 fut from Dr. True?

The scar from Dr. True looks real long past your ears to the side of your head is it visible?

I see your pics and at about 14 months it looks like you are buzzing sides with a 1# guard?

i am 23 yrs old boy frm india & i have lost my hair's frm the front side of my head and there is my hair is thining on top to."How can I go about getting some advise to help improve my hair situation." so plz help me through ur's advice for me & for save my hair's too.

Viki, you'll get a better response by opening a completely NEW thread.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hello LT,

Sorry even I was getting confused with all the different discussions starting to go on here. I "think" I answered your question already about how two scars can be turned into one. But I'm not sure you completely understand how this works...you can't convert 2 scars into one unless you get another strip surgery or "scar revision" surgery while removing a strip of skin. Laxity has to do with how flexible or stretchy your scalp is....the better laxity you have, the more likely a doctor will be able to 1) get a larger strip with more grafts and 2) be able to combine your two scars into one. But a strip of skin has to be removed from the back of your head and then re-closed.

Yes, my strip scar is almost ear to ear...which is very normal for an HT. The longer the strip, the more grafts that can be gotten, AND a thinner scar.

Hope that helps!

Bill