Am I having a delayed reaction to the operation?

Hi Board

From yesterday when I came in from the sun my scalp literally started bubbling!

Its itchy as hell (like when you get poison ivy on you) and its all I can do from scratching back...

Did any of you have this kind of reaction?

Thanks!

Blistering.jpg.405f3f6067c435dffee28238ff3bf589.jpg

Hi Board

From yesterday when I came in from the sun my scalp literally started bubbling!

Its itchy as hell (like when you get poison ivy on you) and its all I can do from scratching back...

Did any of you have this kind of reaction?

Thanks!

hmmm....well, I don't have all the detail of your situation...but I do know, that after a surgery, you should not be exposing your scalp to the sun for awhile....so I don't know if you just have a surgery and just exposed your head to the sun for a period of time. This is not a good thing. You should be wearing a hat in the sun.

Definitely contact Dr. Epstein. I cannot remember exactly how far post-op you are, but if memory serves me correctly it is far too soon to be getting sunburnt in the area.

Good luck and keep us updated.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

It was a sunburn!

I have been very careful, but now - 6 weeks out I was letting my guard down on an overcast day.

The swelling is coming down now and I'm ofcourse worried that it'll have some effect on the appearance of my scalp, but as long as I don't scratch it, I'm hoping it'll be fine.

So this is the lesson. For scandinavians don't go in the sun with that newly planted area!!!! I've revised my summerplans as to not include windsurfing this year at all.

Again thanks for all your help!

Anders

PS: Epstein btw concluded that it MIGHT be a reaction to Rogain. In any case I'm now off the "accelerated growth" plan. I figure it'll grow out anyhow, but maybe a bit slower. Anything is better that making that scalp oversensitive, its the home of my investment!!