Add Joe Torre to the HT list

uncjim

I agree that it's not very good, but I'll bet you 99% of the population would never look at that picture and say that he had a hair transplant. I pointed out Senator Biden's transplant to my wife and parents one time when he was on TV, and they said they couldn't tell. Yet we all talk about how bad it looks. Unless it's a complete chop job of huge, widely spaced plugs most people just don't notice. We are definitely our own worst enemy.

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

Uncjim,

Being a lifetime Yankees fan, I always wondered whether Joe had work done. That pic definitely shows the work, but his is definitely better than Van Gundy - what was he thinking.

And by the way, thanks for all your help in this journey. Now at 11.5 weeks, the hairline is starting to fill and it looks like it's going to be good. I'll send an e-mail soon.

Thanks again.

Good luck.

Manko

Joe got his HT many years ago and has spoken publicly about it. He got the transplant when he was managing the Atlanta Braves so it was around the mid 1980's. Pluggy grafts were state of the art at that time. I should know. I had my first session with Dr. Chambers in 1983. Fortunately, the work was on my crown area and not the hair line. Within a couple of years the grafts became very noticeable as my hair continued to thin.

I wonder if Joe is even aware of the advances in HT technology? He could definitely benefit from some FUE blending.

Your right on, Joe had his done in the 1980's and has talked about it. Unlike Gundy who looks like he only had one small HT session and just gave up. JOe looks like he probably had about 3 plug sessions which were common at the time (mega sessions didnt start really until the mid 90's)

Joe Biden HT looked bad in the 1980's and early 90's. But during the mid 90's he started getting FU HT to fill in and give a more natural look. However, if you ever look at the back of his head. he's had so many sessions that his donor hair is all gone and had a very large bald crown which he combs back to cover.

I guess I should have known.

For years, I've seen Joe Torre's hair and said, "Holy crap, I hope that doesn't happen to me!". Now I see that it isn't natural, and it makes sense.

His hair really looks misplaced and weird most of the time. That pict above doesn't look nearly as bad as others.

Yet, he's quite successful and endeared himself to many people. That's quite a statement.

Didn't know he had an HT. It all makes sense now.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I think sometimes he wears concealers, like if he is doing a TV commercial for example.

Check him out during a baseball game, or in a post-game interview, if he takes off his cap. Then it really shows how bad off he is.