A motion of Thanks for the good docs on the forum !

Hey guys !!

Been a while since i went off the radar icon_smile.gif sometimes its better to take it slow and think things over...

anyways here i am.... more or less decided that an HT is definitely the thing for me...

Have been in touch with various docs over the past few months... Dr. Epstein, Dr Keene and Dr.Ron Shapiro (and Janna)have been kind enough to personally reply to my queries and clear the various doubts that I had. A heartfelt thanks to the above docs. Also thanks to Dr. Tykocinski,H&W and Dr.Pathomvanich's respective clinics for the clarifications.

However I haven't heard from Doctor Feller and Dr Rahal or his clinic and that did come as a surprise because on this forum I had heard about Dr Rahal's personal touch and care. And that's particularly disappointing because initially I was leaning towards Dr Rahal...

Guess its time to bite the bullet( cant ever resist being overtly dramatic) !! wd let you guys know shortly about my POA !! icon_smile.gif

Thanks to everyone on this forum... you guys have been an eye opener !!

Cheers !!

Hey guys !!

Been a while since i went off the radar icon_smile.gif sometimes its better to take it slow and think things over...

anyways here i am.... more or less decided that an HT is definitely the thing for me...

Have been in touch with various docs over the past few months... Dr. Epstein, Dr Keene and Dr.Ron Shapiro (and Janna)have been kind enough to personally reply to my queries and clear the various doubts that I had. A heartfelt thanks to the above docs. Also thanks to Dr. Tykocinski,H&W and Dr.Pathomvanich's respective clinics for the clarifications.

However I haven't heard from Doctor Feller and Dr Rahal or his clinic and that did come as a surprise because on this forum I had heard about Dr Rahal's personal touch and care. And that's particularly disappointing because initially I was leaning towards Dr Rahal...

Guess its time to bite the bullet( cant ever resist being overtly dramatic) !! wd let you guys know shortly about my POA !! icon_smile.gif

Thanks to everyone on this forum... you guys have been an eye opener !!

Cheers !!

Hi Mav,

Thanks for your post.

We pride ourselves in giving good customer care and follow up. I do apologise that we have not got back to you with our recommendations.

Can you please send your photos and details to adrian@rahalhairtransplant.com and I'll get back to you quickly with Dr. Rahal's recommendations for your case.

Thanks Mav!!

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Mav,

Good to hear that you have been so thorough in your research; you are setting yourself up for a great experience, and, most importantly, result!

If you are still in the "seeking" mode, I would definitely send Spex, or even Dr. Feller himself, a PM on here -- they have both always been exceedingly available and thorough w/ me, and others that I know of when communicated through the forums and beyond.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

mav,

I totally agree with the subject of your post. The physicians recommended on this community work hard at acheiving only the best results and should be commended for their work and high level of patient care.

Keep researching and select a physician with a proven track record and one that is a good fit for you.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi

Unfortunately had the some experience with Dr. Feller.....I went for a consult. Was impressed and paid a deposit...i had a few questions and tried calling him repeatedly and also sent a bunch of emails....No response...Guess he did not have time for me any more since i had paid the deposit...I then spoke to the receptionist to voice my concerns and she gave me an attitude..I wanted to cancel the consultation but she refused...Finally called my credit card co. to dispute the charge...Unfortunate and bad customer sercice on part of Feller...If Bill or anybody else is listening, i think good customer service should be an equally important criteria in admitting coalition physicians.....i guess Dr. Feller is more busy in attracting UK patients that he does not have time for local patients...

Lara I believe you had an unpleasant experience, but you have to understand that ALL doctors are very busy. I am not sticking up for any particular actions on anyones behalf, but these docs do a surgery a day (what we would prefer, have total concentration on one patient), they have hundreds of consults, and on top of that their continuing education and seminars. All I am saying is that its unfortunate that you had this experience but maybe you just slipped through the cracks... Remember this is not a "chain clinic" its only one elite doctor your going for and he is human and time is limited. I wish you the best on your journey, good luck...

You only live once...

In response to Lara's post, I am a local patient of Dr. Feller and my experience was nothing but positive. I first consulted with Dr. Feller after my first HT doc (Karamikian) did a horrible job. I went to see Feller to confirm the work was shoddy. This was two days after my surgery, and Dr.Feller saw me right away. He gave me his expert opinion and also told me I should go see other docs and reccommended a few who I could get another opinion from. He then even took the time to write me a letter for use in small claims court. I didn't contact Dr.Feller until 18 months later to schedule my second HT. I had no problems doing so and have been in regular touch with the doc since to answer questions and to schedule a follow-up visit.

If you folks are just relying on emails to contact a doctor I would not do so: spam filters and such can make things tricky and I'm also sure the doc gets bombarded with email requests. If you call the office and the receptionist says he's busy just ask when a better time to reach him would be (I would think early in the morning is probably best).

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Wow...thanks for the feedback guys

Arrie

If you say time is limited and everything else, i understand that. But the same doctor had the time during those days to reply to people on this forum...Was he not busy then????Or prospective patients are more important than the current ones.

Hairthere

I too had a positive experience when i went to conuslt him. That is the reason i paid the deposit. Also, i would appreciate if you read my entire message before jumping to support Dr. Feller...I called a number of times and spoke to the receptionist...She use to take messages and i never got any replies....She also had a crappy attitude....So what wuld you do if you were me....

I agree with hairthere. I find the best is either to call Dr. Feller's office or pm him on this site.

I've had several pm's with Dr Feller and he always responds quickly.

He is one of the top doc's and should be included in your HT decision.

Originally posted by tofueornottofue:

I agree with hairthere. I find the best is either to call Dr. Feller's office or pm him on this site.

I've had several pm's with Dr Feller and he always responds quickly.

He is one of the top doc's and should be included in your HT decision.

Too bad. He will not included in my hair transplant decision...There are better doctors out there who beleive in providing quality customer service in addition to quality results...Also,,they would not be greedy in forfeiting my deposit if my concerns are not clear...

lara, i did read your whole post. i was simply posting my experience so newbies to this site don't think your experience is the norm with dr. feller.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Lara,

There may be better doctors, maybe not. Customer service, have you ever tried to speak with a surgeon at the hospital!! That's not going to happen unless you are in the recovery room.....and then it may take two days!

IMO, these HT doctors focus on results/technique with their time and if a few emails or messages are not returned as quickly as patients would like it's not a big deal. The HT end result is what we all really care about.

I understand an HT is not an easy decision for us and I follow why you bailed on yours. We tend to obsess about the procedure and come up with many, many questions leading up to the big day. Try to select your doc and then let it happen.

For the record, I pm'd Dr. Feller after my deposit was paid and he did respond quickly.

Good Luck and grow, grow, grow.

Lara,

In my opinion, I wouldn't dismiss Dr. Feller from your list of potential surgeons, especially if you were confident enough in his surgical ability to put down a deposit. Surgeons are often busy and aren't always able to get back to everybody as quickly as they would like.

As mentioned above, it's also possible your email never got to him or was caught in his spam filter.

I've contacted Dr. Feller to respond to your concerns and trust that he'll respond shortly.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by tofueornottofue:

Lara,

There may be better doctors, maybe not. Customer service, have you ever tried to speak with a surgeon at the hospital!! That's not going to happen unless you are in the recovery room.....and then it may take two days!

IMO, these HT doctors focus on results/technique with their time and if a few emails or messages are not returned as quickly as patients would like it's not a big deal. The HT end result is what we all really care about.

I understand an HT is not an easy decision for us and I follow why you bailed on yours. We tend to obsess about the procedure and come up with many, many questions leading up to the big day. Try to select your doc and then let it happen.

For the record, I pm'd Dr. Feller after my deposit was paid and he did respond quickly.

Good Luck and grow, grow, grow.

i guess you got lucky mate..I dont beleive in playing the roulette when it comes to my hair. It is not worth it..Since you are such a big fan of Dr. Feller what do you think of the fact that he was replying to other people on this board and did not have time to reply to my query...i guess that must be fine with you...

Hey all!

I didnt want my post to be an accusation towards Dr Rahal or Dr Feller. I hold highest of esteem for both these docs. Its just that I didnt get any reply from the docs...

Both these docs have been at the forefront of providing the best of HTs. However something needs to be do done reg patient queries.

I do understand Lara's concern... and the angst. I wish the best of doctors had the best of support system. Patients- future or present do need their doubts clarified... however unreasonable they might seem...

Regards...

Lara as I said before I believe what happened to you and I am NOT sticking up for anyone, all I am saying is that docs are busy thats it. It doesn't make it right by any means. Anyway good luck

You only live once...

lara,

accusing me or anyone else who has posted here of being a "salesperson" for dr.feller is completely off base and you might want to consider deleting it.

I'm sorry you had poor service. my point was that you were probably in the minority of patients this happens to and was just telling my experience to illustrate the point.

lara

I Think you will find the people on this site are genuinely interested in patients getting the best h/t care possible!!

So if you are hearing glowing reports about a surgeon then that probably is at as result of their personal experiences, and not that they are "Paid salesman!"

Take a step back, speak to spex, and i'm sure your problems will be resolved!

All the best

Clive.

"So what wuld you do if you were me...."

To answer your question, Lara, I would have asked the receptionist when the best time to get the doc on the phone was and called back then. Or, as Spex suggested, I would have popped by the office.

At this point the way you seem to handle yourself I find it hard to believe you were just blown off and I too would like to hear the other side of the story. And regarding your comment that Dr.Feller only cares about prospective patients, I am 8 months post-op and have been in touch with the doc himself a few times since.

Originally posted by spex:

WHOA WHAO WHAO, - - - -!!!!

Hold the phone!!!

I am the only "sales" person for Dr Feller here and well nknown for meeting in pubs and clubs !!!Well i'm not; but get labelled with it all the time so you could have easily addressed your concerns to me personally via PM or email - and i would have gladly helped you get in direct immediate contact with the Doc very easily as I do for many guys - UK or not.

I am interested to hear the Doc's side of the story on this one though - his side always casts quite a bright light..

Seems to me if you were local and already impressed to pay a deposit that you might have been better just popping down to see him face to face to have your concerns resolved as everyone knows only too well how approachable the Doc is - especially if you have already met him.

Love the UK dig though - made me chuckle! - You hit the money on that one - thats what he is ALL about! LOL!!!! icon_biggrin.gif - His business would crumble without them... you obviously see the volume of UK patients here and on other forums that he helps on a regular basis - so you know we are available here and elsewhere to be got hold of on a regular /daily basis very easily.

As for Marcia having an attitude.......... doesn't add up at all - She''s about the most laid back person i have ever met, too laid back and gets treated very disrespectfully at times by patients but still maintains impeccable professionalism at all times!

Interesting how these posts pop up from no where - people releasing their anger on random topics rather than popping a little post up asking for contact to be made ASAP due to difficulties - always amazes me....and always smells funny...Then again too easy i suppose to do that... icon_wink.gif

Remember the guy very recently who came on complaining about "Fellers scar" that had stretched an inch wide ??LOL

His first very brief post stating he was very unhappy......INCH WIDE scar from feller - He forgot to mention though he was a 2 time repair patient from 2 previous other clinics and previously had a very bad scar....... icon_rolleyes.gif - might have been worth mentioning that in his intial first post hey?! - also it was an inch long... again... That would have been too easy icon_wink.gifLOL!

Posts like that always smell funny - a little like this post of yours also lara -

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...251016353#1251016353

Your first post doesn't quite make sense to me -

Anyway - we have always been here on a daily basis sharing info and helping patients - all that was needed was a brief post asking for contact to be made OR a PM or email to me OR like I said maybe you could have popped down to the office being local. Instead first time we hear about your frustration is here on this topic......icon_confused.gif

All the best and maybe Dr Feller isn't for you after all - there are many other TOP clinics out there so choose wisely and all the very best and hopefully you can gain contact with them on the terms you want.

Spex

Mr. Salesman....First of all I would not get a dream that you are a Salesman of Dr. Feller or what...Maybe you should advertise outside his office with your photo, so we know that we need to get in touch with you...Or maybe, since the doctor is busy replying to posts on this forum and not replying to his patients, he should tell us to contact the middleman first instead of him.

And when i say local, i meant i was a 2 hr ride from the doctor...So, it is not easy to go the office for one question...and it is also ridiculous of you to expect a patient to drive down 2 hrs to ask a simple question....i dont mind if you cover the gas bill and compensate me for the time off.....But you wont...because...the lady you said who was so sweet was more concerned about forfeting my deposit rather than having my questions answered...

So you expect everybody to right positive about your boss that every thing else seems to smell funny....Mr. Middleman, try to take criticism in the positive way and try to improve instead of jumping on people and defending yourself coz it is only human to make mistakes....i dont know if you can understand that logic....

Originally posted by hairthere:

"So what wuld you do if you were me...."

To answer your question, Lara, I would have asked the receptionist when the best time to get the doc on the phone was and called back then. Or, as Spex suggested, I would have popped by the office.

At this point the way you seem to handle yourself I find it hard to believe you were just blown off and I too would like to hear the other side of the story. And regarding your comment that Dr.Feller only cares about prospective patients, I am 8 months post-op and have been in touch with the doc himself a few times since.

Mr. Hair there and every body else who is defending Dr. Feller

I would really appreciate if you read my replies completely befor jumping on the bandwagon...i called the receptionist several times but unfortunately did not get any replies...

Please read this because i am tired of repeating myself and do not want to any more...

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

Lara,

In my opinion, I wouldn't dismiss Dr. Feller from your list of potential surgeons, especially if you were confident enough in his surgical ability to put down a deposit. Surgeons are often busy and aren't always able to get back to everybody as quickly as they would like.

As mentioned above, it's also possible your email never got to him or was caught in his spam filter.

I've contacted Dr. Feller to respond to your concerns and trust that he'll respond shortly.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for your reply Bill...i hope my feedback is taken in a positive note and if it makes this transparent community even a better one, everybody would be happy....it looks like a lot of people are taking it personally which does not make sense to me...

This is a great forum with transparent doctors...honestly, i would not have even considered a hair transplant if i had not come accross this forum...but peope need to understand..this is dealing with your head....patients are going to ask questions...and hopefully questions should be answered before the day of the surgery...other wise you go in for the surgery day and get some shocks...i dont think that it is worth it...So again, i hope that this feedback is taken in the positive manner...