Alexander or Friedman in Phoenix area

Kaelen

Hi, I'm getting some graphs done soon... and I've narrowed it down to Scott Alexander or Shelley Friedman in the Phoenix area. Can anyone tell me a reason not to choose one or the other. I noticed there is nothing written about Dr. Friedman on this site. Is it because he is not a member... or is there another reason. Thanks... Kaelen

Hi, I'm getting some graphs done soon... and I've narrowed it down to Scott Alexander or Shelley Friedman in the Phoenix area. Can anyone tell me a reason not to choose one or the other. I noticed there is nothing written about Dr. Friedman on this site. Is it because he is not a member... or is there another reason. Thanks... Kaelen

Hi K

Welcome to the forum.. if you read my post below, you will know what to do icon_smile.gif

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hello JOBI... I don't know if I'm seeing your entire posting... but what I do see... doesn't help me at all. I don't even know what it means. Can you be more clear as to what you're trying to tell me. Kaelen

Originally posted by MrJobi:

Hi K

Welcome to the forum.. if you read my post below, you will know what to do icon_smile.gif

Good luck

Hi Kaelen,

I'm new to the forum but not to the industry. You can read about my history here About me. I'm not sure about the banned list but I do believe there are other doctors in the country/world that can provide great results. I think we would be naive to think otherwise. The benefit of going to a coalition member is they are held to a higher standard of patient care, results, and accountability.

With that said, I know Dr Friedman. I have seen him in surgery and viewed his results. He is using all the same techniques as the top guys. He has been around for a long time and helped Matt Leavitt (MHR) get his start. He also worked for Hair Club. That is why he is not very popular here.

I don't know Dr Alexander personally, but I know Nicole in his office. He is a Coalition member so the above mentioned standards and accountability apply. I have seen his pictures and spoke in detail with Nicole about his results. They are impressive. Have you had a consultation with him?

I would also recommend you contact some of the other docs mentioned on this site. Don't let geographic location restrict you. You can email your pictures and then speak with the docs on the phone or via email. More than half of our patients come for out of state/county. I would recommend talking with Hasson and Wong, Shapiro, Epstein, and ect... See who you feel most comfortable with.

I hope that helps. Good luck in your search and let me know if I can help with any other questions.

Regards,

Aaron

former hair piece wearer

1997 550 micro/mini

2002 1483 grafts

More to come???

Disclaimer: I currently work for Dr Jeffrey Epstein. I am not a doctor. I have over 10 years of hair transplant experience to share.

Dr. Epstein is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Don't know Friedman. I have seen plenty of Alexander's work online and i think it's some of the most natural looking hairlines out there. He was my second choice after Dr.Feller, who trained Alexander in FUE.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks Aaron... that is the first response I've gotten that directly addresses my question. Everyone else (over 30 responses) just mentions something about other doctors... not Dr. Friedman. You didn't say that you would use him. I understand that Dr. Alexander is part of this group and comes highly recommended. Now I'm just trying to figure out if I should give Dr. Friedman a chance... or not. You've at least mentioned him directly... and your personal experience... and I appreciate that. Would you go to him. He's had his own practice in Scottsdale for over 20 years. I have consulted with him... twice. We've talked about this internet site... and the politics of what's going on in the industry. I've also consulted with Dr. Alexander... twice. I'm 50 years young... with lots of long hair. I'm just wanting to have the front hair line done... to be more full and natural. I had some HT 15 years ago with Dr. Friedman... and it was fine... but it was the old days... apparently... when techniques were different.. and density possibilities were different. Now I have to determine if Dr. Alexander or Keene is a better choice. Thanks for whatever you can tell me. Kaelen

He is correct about the industry being very political but it has come a long way. A forum like this helps with adding transparency to the industry. I would feel comfortable using Dr Friedman along all the above mentioned docs. I have seen him in surgery and viewed his results. He uses all "state of the art" technology. I read in another thread that Bill is trying to find out more about his clinic and they have been playing phone tag. Let's see what he can find out "officially"..... LOL

Regards,

Aaron

former hair piece wearer

1997 550 micro/mini

2002 1483 grafts

More to come???

Disclaimer: I currently work for Dr Jeffrey Epstein. I am not a doctor. I have over 10 years of hair transplant experience to share.

Dr. Epstein is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

With any Doc the proof is both in the pics, and from testimonials of those who have been to that particular Doc.

I've never seen Friedman's work so if you think about going to him again I'd recommend you see as many before/after pics of his work that you can, and maybe even try to meet a few patients???

As for Dr's Alexander and Keene, I don't think you could go wrong with either as I've seen many examples of their work and they are both excellent. If memory serves, if you need more grafts I suppose I would opt for Dr. Alexander. I think he was doing larger session sizes that Dr. Keene but check me out on that.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Each doctor, Keene or Alexander, is capable of doing 3000+ grafts in a single day. However, there is a bit of a philosophical difference in their approach.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Kaelen,

Consulting with with Dr. Alexander and Dr. Keene would be a great service to you.

These two elite members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physician have a proven track record of success. See our high level of membership standards here.

I have been in touch with Dr. Friedman's clinic and believe he is interested in potential recommendation, but I have yet to learn anything about his technique or see any results. I'll keep you posted.

Best wishes,

Bill

I met Friedman over 10 years ago when I first started researching HT. He was using mini grafts dense packed in the front, which I suppose was good for the time. I remember he showed me a bald guy and then whipped his portfolio open (dramatic effect) to reveal the new wall of hair he had built for this patient!

I got the feeling he was trying to size me up financially when he asked me what kind of car I drove. He was the best of a few guys I met back then who suggested ~300-700 grafts (dont remember friedman's recommendation), but overall I got a negative vibe from all of them and decided not to move forward with HT. Only within the past few years have things been taken to the "next level." Not sure where Friedman ranks with today's best.

I also remember his receptionist was uber hot.

That is all I know. icon_smile.gif

We need to stay on Topic here because he did not ask about Alexander vs. Keene. He asked about Alexander vs. Friedman. Then all the Keene cheerleaders jumped in to confuse him more.

Let's just say from my opinion of judging Alexander's work vs. Keene's there is no competition. The pics don't lie. Alexander's results blow Keene's out of the water. Keene's results always look thin, weak or low density.

(This is based on the pics I have seen)

So back to the original question.

Alexander vs' Friedman. I don't know because I haven't seen Friedman's work.

Its not a positive when nobody has heard or saw any pics of his except one person. That doesnt mean hes bad either. You say your wondering if you should give him a chance .Well a chance is what it is ,a chance.

Be careful and research. If your looking for front line work Dr Alexander is one of the best not only in Arizona but the entire world. As we always say ,never let travel be a factor unless there is no choice,or you have the goods right there in your own neck of the woods

"I'm 50 years young... with lots of long hair. I'm just wanting to have the front hair line done... to be more full and natural. I had some HT 15 years ago with Dr. Friedman... and it was fine... but it was the old days... apparently... when techniques were different.. and density possibilities were different. Now I have to determine if Dr. Alexander or Keene is a better choice."

Hi Kaelen,

I'm a little confused by the topic name Alexander Vs. Friedman. Based on your previous post you previosly had an HT with Dr. Friedman now you're looking to get an new one from Dr. Alexander of Keene?

I've never heard of Dr. Friedman so unfortunately I can't give any insight as to him. Since I'm a Dr. Alexander patient who recieved 2739 on 12/5/07 I can tell you from first hand experience that I've been extremely pleased so far. I'm only at 4 months and am seeing some very nice growth and I still have a long way to go.

Dr. Alexander does produce some exceptional results. In addition to the numerous pictures I've seen, I also saw one of his patients in person the day before my consultation and was blown away by how good it looked. My recovery time was great as well.

Good luck!

Hi Kaelen, I also went to Dr. Alexander 3 months ago. Though I have not seen any results yet I would highly recommend him. Depending on what type of work you need done, he does fantastic natural looking hairlines and dense packing. He is very maticulas and a perfectionist in what he does. I would at least set up an appointment and see for yourself. I know you will be impressed with him and his work.

• 5 weeks later...

Kaelen,

I had two procedures with Dr. Friedman: 1500 grafts in 2002 and 1050 grafts in 2005. Although he did a good job, I really expected better results after two procedures. After recently having my third procedure with Dr. Cooley in Charlotte, NC., I now am in a better position to make some general comparisons. First, Dr. Friedman didn't place ANY of the grafts on either of my procedures; that task was left up to his assistants. Conversely, Dr. Cooley placed about 90% of all the grafts I just had done. That makes me question the overall involvement of Dr. Friedman. Just because someone has 20+ years in the industry doesn't mean he/she has the passion, drive, desire for perfection, etc. My experience with Dr. Cooley far exceeded the actual procedures I received with Dr. Friedman. Obviously, I won't be able to compare the final results from Dr. Cooley's procedure for several months. If I lived in AZ., my pick would be Dr. Alexander. Like others on this site have said, his work is outstanding.

The grafts placement into the recipient site is usually done by the tech assistants, the slits which hold the new grafts in the recipient area should be done by the surgeon in most cases. I would play it safe and go only with the recommended surgeons but since Bill is in the process of evaluating Dr. Friedman's practice why not wait until we hear the results?

phoneguy,

I feel like I am repeating myself however, I feel its necessary since you are seemingly questioning a physicians work ethic unnecessarily.

As I said previously and HK500 said above, in most cases, it is the experienced technicians that place the grafts, not the physician.

I have also encouraged you to post your hair transplant experience and photos with Dr. Friedman so that we can see the work.

Everyone,

At this time, I have no new information on Dr. Friedman, but I do hope to speak to him next week in order to learn more about his technique, experience, credentials, and philosophy. If everything sounds good, I will invite him to post patient photos on our forum so that our community can evaluate the results.

Best wishes,

Bill