2 HT EASIER?

Guest bro66

Don't know if the healing is any better on No2 but the whole process was easier as i knew what to expect and have a lot more reserch done between HTs. Aloe vera hav made a big differance this time around.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

As I have yet to get #2 underway, I might not be the best to answer this, but being more educated and knowing what to expect has certainly put my mind at ease. As stated, aloe vera is a great product to try as well as graftcyte from what I have been told.

Also, depending on when your 1st HT was, the technology has come a long way where both the recipient and donor areas tend to heal better because they are somewhat less invasive and more refined.

If you don't require as many FU this time around it might make a difference also.

Good luck.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

i used it on both, used one with no alcohol in it just in case, it really cools the area and helps with the redness.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Bro,

Use aloe on the grafts, ice packs on the donor area.

NN, New technology is less invasive with the recipient sites but not the donor, they are still taking out of strip of tissue and in these mega sessions LARGER strips which is still very invasive. It still takes a lot of time to heal with a lot of discomort unless you stay on the painkillers. The recipient area was not a problem either now or years ago when I had my first strip done. The sensation is more numbness than painful,

I am healing right now from my second strip procedure. It is easier in that you know what is coming, but the body basically heals the same way. It takes time, there is pain, swelling, tightness and the wait for results are still there. Anyone who tells you there is no discomfort is full of it. Don't listen to that crap like: "Its like going to the dentist" or "I was back to work the next day". You will not be feeling normal for about two weeks. I knew that going in and as they say "no pain, no gain". All that being said, the procedure is very worth it too me and can really change your outlook on life!

NoBuzz

thanks, i did'nt have too much pain from the first HT, just a little uncomfortable, the pills really helped, i was back to work the next week. im looking forward to getting it done and over, had 1500 graphs, and getting 1500 or less this time, i will have about 6 days off to recover.

NoBuzz,

I stand corrected. You are right about the donor area. I guess I wasn't thinking while writing the post. I truly don't remember all the details from 1st HT except for the discomfort from the donor area. The only way I could describe it to people is that it felt kind of like opening a sardine can...You know how you roll back the metal lid and it starts to get tighter and tighter? I'll stop as I don't want to scare you bro66. icon_smile.gif

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

It's interesting, because your body will physically heal the same way...but depending on how you view it, the second one will either be easier or harder. Personally, because I knew what was coming, I found it easier...but I suppose some may dread it more if they felt it was a negative experience for them the first time around.

Bill

Had my 2nd HT yesterday, everything went okay, except it seemed much longer this time, esp. the numbing process, got there at 9 left around 6. i got about 1600 graphs, now i have a total of about 3100 graphs the front and crown areas. Havent had much swelling, they gave me a shot and meds for that, im just having a little pain and tightness around the donar area, and my neck is a little stiff from sitting all day. I've only been taking tylenol for the pain, dont think i need anything stronger at this point, but i did fill the Rx just in case.

Congrats Bro,

The donor will be the worst part and will bother you most trying to slep. Sleep upright and stay with the ice packs on the donor and forehead areas. Swelling will be worst on days 3-6 if you get any.

I am one week post with 1625 grafts and I didn't take any chances with the pain medication. Take the strong stuff the first day and night. Yeah, my neck was so stiff, I went into the procedure with a stiff neck prior to the surgery, should have had a massage or aseen my chiropractor before, my mistake! I did not take a valium during the procedure only locals, this way I drove myself home, no problem. I feel real good now, one week makes a huge difference. Did you doc do sutures or staples or both? Mine did disolvable sutures and they are very comfortable.

Take it easy and keep your head elevated.

Heal well,

NoBuzz

thanks. my doc did sutures, the Trichophytic closure this time. been following the doc's instructions, iceing, and keeping my head elevated, i slept okay, i usually sleep on my side, but i proped a pillow under my neck to keep it elevated. yes, i remember how much the swelling was on the 3rd day, esp. my forehead. im just taking it easy and looking forward to monday when most of the recovery will be over.

Congratulations. I'm sure the next couple of days will be the worst and before you know it you'll be back to your regular routine. Take note of the advise that NoBuzz gave as it will certainly help. Best of luck.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

5th day, things are going okay, not too much pain and swelling this time around. just one concern. it seems the new graphs are causing some of the hairs from the old graphs to fall out or shed, is this normal? icon_confused.gif

bro66,

You could be experiencing early shockloss...it definitely can happen. Every patient is different...some experience shockloss early, some late, and some not at all. At day 5, however, you shouldn't really be doing anything like brushing or combing your hair...try to keep your fingers or any thing else away from your hair...due to the trauma of the surgery, your existing hair is more fragile...but anything shocked from the surgery will come back in time...but you will go through a period of time where you will look worse before you look better.

Bill

Congrats to you bro..........heal quick. As for the other hair that you may be shedding if it is HT hair from #1 it will come back for sure..........just takes a little time. I believe my shocked prior HT hair returned at a little over the 2 month mark. Hang in there icon_cool.gif!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.