Quick Questions.......

Some quick questions??¦??¦

1. One thing that concerns me is the trip back home. I will have some long travel time. (Vancouver back to Kentucky).

I wonder what is the best option as far as protection of my new graphs. I will have a fairly large session (hope in the neighborhood of 4,500, but would love/take as many as possible) so I'm afraid that some hats could damage the graphs. I will be traveling home the day after my surgery and need some input. I have a bucket hat that I am planning on wearing, but have considered not wearing anything? Heck I don't really know the best option??¦??¦. (Got to get some gel packs)

2. What did you guys do during your early down time? I plan on staying in the house for about 7 days??¦.. Glad I have this option, but I will be bored to death. I like to golf, work out, hang w/ friends??”all of which will be on the back burner for a while??¦??¦.

Not to mention the fact that my kid will want to wrestle, tackle, and act like fool. That will be tough??¦??¦..

3. For those that went to Hasson and Wong??¦??¦ What did you do the day/s before? I'm taking the wife for some site seeing, etc. Figure we will never have the chance/reason to go back to Vancouver and wanted to take it all in. We love to travel??¦??¦. We are arriving on Monday (Early, so an extra day)??¦.. Pre-op on Tuesday??¦??¦ Operation on Wednesday??¦. Flight home on Thursday??¦.

I know that I am rambling, but I'm excited about the trip and surgery.......

I plan on posting my experience thing go??¦??¦??¦ Head out Monday and Operation on Wednesday.

Thanks for any input!

Some quick questions??¦??¦

1. One thing that concerns me is the trip back home. I will have some long travel time. (Vancouver back to Kentucky).

I wonder what is the best option as far as protection of my new graphs. I will have a fairly large session (hope in the neighborhood of 4,500, but would love/take as many as possible) so I'm afraid that some hats could damage the graphs. I will be traveling home the day after my surgery and need some input. I have a bucket hat that I am planning on wearing, but have considered not wearing anything? Heck I don't really know the best option??¦??¦. (Got to get some gel packs)

2. What did you guys do during your early down time? I plan on staying in the house for about 7 days??¦.. Glad I have this option, but I will be bored to death. I like to golf, work out, hang w/ friends??”all of which will be on the back burner for a while??¦??¦.

Not to mention the fact that my kid will want to wrestle, tackle, and act like fool. That will be tough??¦??¦..

3. For those that went to Hasson and Wong??¦??¦ What did you do the day/s before? I'm taking the wife for some site seeing, etc. Figure we will never have the chance/reason to go back to Vancouver and wanted to take it all in. We love to travel??¦??¦. We are arriving on Monday (Early, so an extra day)??¦.. Pre-op on Tuesday??¦??¦ Operation on Wednesday??¦. Flight home on Thursday??¦.

I know that I am rambling, but I'm excited about the trip and surgery.......

I plan on posting my experience thing go??¦??¦??¦ Head out Monday and Operation on Wednesday.

Thanks for any input!

Vancouver is a beautiful city, there is quite a bit to see! My Fiance and i are relocating to Seattle Early fall and have been to Vancouver 2 times while visiting Seattle. It's been awhile but i'm sure the city is even more beautiful! I am a little Bias being that i love the Northwest part of the country! Enjoy and Best of luck with your procedure!

Todd

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

Doo-Rag seems like a good option, just worry about it tight on graphs..... Is that silly?

Been doing a lot of checking on Tripadivisor (Love that site) about Vancouver and it seems like a great place...... Hope weather works w/ us. I would like a few days before the procedure.

Doo-Rag is a good option as it won't be touching the grafts post op. No need for it to be tight just enough to cover the area.

I wore a loose cap after my surgery and although it probably looked silly i didn't care. I had to travel 9 hours to get home.

Be careful the first few days. Be ultra careful when getting into your car try not to bump the grafts early on.

Its amazing the whole trip I was so cautious and when my flight landed and I got into my car to go home I bumped my head D'OH!. Luckily no harm done.

Also make sure to take all antibiotics and even pain pills the first few days. You might not experience much pain but good to take them anyway.

Also added a great link that Spex posted a while back http://hair-restoration-info.c...6060861/m/2711023803

Do you HAVE to return to Kentucky the next day? Maybe you'd be better off adjusting your trip to get there a day later and then stay at least a couple days AFTER the surgery. I agree that a doo-rag is a good way to go but be super cautious of every thing you do with your melon! I also bumped my head the next day (on a desk as I bent down like an idiot). Only knocked out one graft but it bled like a son of a b*tch. FYI, that's how you know you lost a graft - the bleeding.

Also, I agree as a former western Canadian, Vancouver is a great city. Hope for awesome weather and enjoy! Good luck.

Guest comb

I was walking around Vancouver a few days post op, with no hat on, the bozo look and a lot of swelling!

To be honest I just did not feel comfortable wearing a hat.

You should definitely fly home the day after. I was one of the unlucky guys that had major swelling and you will want to be locked up at home when it takes place. I also had/have a big nugget and even the XXL black baseball cap they gave me was a bit snug and worried me with temple recipient area so I got a bandana and tied it on as loose as I felt comfortable and actually covered quite well with none the wiser (the doo rag was too homeboyish for me). You made a very wise choice going with Dr. Wong and they will walk you through the entire process. And also as another post told--I too was careful the whole trip home and bumped my head getting into my car at airport parking so keep that in mind and carefully duck down into your car!