How much Minoxidil do you use?

johnw

I hate how Minoxidil is easy for the average shmuck with short hair to apply or a woman who only needs to apply it on the top of her head.

With longer hair, I find it ridiculously hard to apply just 1ml of the solution to the entire MPB area including the frontal sides that recede a bit. I began by using 1 ml of Minoxidil per application at first, when my hair was short, which wasn't too much of a hard job, still had to concentrate on distributing it properly, but since growing out my hair, I went from 1ml to 1.5ml and today I am using 2ml per application (4ml a day).

I am also buying the genuine Rogaine in Australia which is ridiculously expensive here ($119 for a "4 month" supply at best), and generics aren't much better off. It's costing as much as Propecia (had to stop it due to sides) except with all the hassle and less effectiveness.

I comb my hair in seven rows on the top of my head and dab the tip of the dropper along those lines one at a time. Then I use a fork-like comb to lift my hair on the frontal sides and at the crown and dab the tip of the dropper in those areas. Afterward I try to get my fingers under my hair (about 6 inches long) and massage it in, getting the solution spread out more.

I don't want to cut my hair short until I have to (if Minoxidil doesn't preserve my hair forever, also using Nizoral & Nioxin), so is my only option to wine and bear it? I guess I want to know if there's a better way of applying it or you know, whatever.

Use the 5% foam, if you aren't already.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

You might try what I do, use a small spray bottle to apply it. You can pick one up from any drugstore for a buck or so. I normally apply about 2 ml each time (since I apply it all the way from crown to front hairline) which is about 5 or 6 pumps. Works much better than the dropper.

Hmm, never heard of using a spray bottle for application before, sounds like a good idea; I did read some customer reviews of rogaine foam as it still being easy to apply even on long hair compared to the regular liquid application because of a lack of dripping and ability to target.

Based off of customer reviews it seems that different people prefer different methods.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

Use the 5% foam, if you aren't already.

I use the foam. But the instructions say "apply half a capful 2 times a day".

The cap is very small. Do you guys really only use half a capful?

I use as per the instruction 1ml in morning and then another 1ml at night. I find that by using the dropper, i place one drop in the area and rub in. Recently Dr Jennifer Martinick and other research has revealed that up to 22 hours after applying it to the scalp, it is still being absorbed and being effective. I have read that more can have the same effect. Also, Regaine foam is not yet avail in Aust.

Use regime of regaine x 2 day, Nizoral 2% x 2 times per week and Proscar every day (1mg). had op on 23 Nov.