Advice needed

vbcbc

I have dark blondish hair that is in the style of a centre parting. However it has been getting very thin for the last 1.5 years and it's becoming harder to style in this way.

Im am a very shy person anyway, but used to get away with it because i looked "ok", but now my hair is thin, the lack of confidence shows through more, and the people who were all friendly to you before because you were kind of good looking, start to treat you differently, even though you're acting no different then before. It's just the shyness shows through more.

I need advice. What do you reccomend?

Shall i get on propecia?

Do I need to get a prescription from a doctor for this?

Ive heard that toppik does wonders. My hair is a dark sandy/dark blonde colour that is thin, but obviously can look thicker when cut shorter. Will this do the trick? Is it a life saver?

What is your advice for a 23 year old with a MASSIVE problem?

I will get a transplant if I have to but I'm short on money at the mo. I refuse to go bald!

I have 2 options.

Go bald/have thin hair, have no confidence, have no self esteem which will = no girl friend, no decent job, and become a lauging stock.

Or have good hair, have loads of confidence, be good looking, and have a great job.

That's the difference decent hair will make for me.

Thanks

bcvbc

bcvbc

I have dark blondish hair that is in the style of a centre parting. However it has been getting very thin for the last 1.5 years and it's becoming harder to style in this way.

Im am a very shy person anyway, but used to get away with it because i looked "ok", but now my hair is thin, the lack of confidence shows through more, and the people who were all friendly to you before because you were kind of good looking, start to treat you differently, even though you're acting no different then before. It's just the shyness shows through more.

I need advice. What do you reccomend?

Shall i get on propecia?

Do I need to get a prescription from a doctor for this?

Ive heard that toppik does wonders. My hair is a dark sandy/dark blonde colour that is thin, but obviously can look thicker when cut shorter. Will this do the trick? Is it a life saver?

What is your advice for a 23 year old with a MASSIVE problem?

I will get a transplant if I have to but I'm short on money at the mo. I refuse to go bald!

I have 2 options.

Go bald/have thin hair, have no confidence, have no self esteem which will = no girl friend, no decent job, and become a lauging stock.

Or have good hair, have loads of confidence, be good looking, and have a great job.

That's the difference decent hair will make for me.

Thanks

bcvbc

bcvbc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Shall i get on propecia?

Yes, as soon as possible, if i were you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do I need to get a prescription from a doctor for this? Technically, yes you do. You can get Propecia on the internet, however I think you should consider getting a prescription from your doctor (dermatologist, or from your General Practitioner if you don't have a dermatologist). If you involve your doctor, then you can go to him with questions or problems, if there should ever be any.

I'm also your age, and know how lack of self-esteem, due to bad hair, can ruin everything. Definitely get on Propecia - who knows maybe that is everything you really need to fix the problem. Give yourself a year or so to see if there are any results. Use the time to look into HT's, because if Propecia won't give you the results you're looking for, that may be the ultimate solution. Either way, you'll have an answer within a year.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

vbcbc:

Yup, I've been there too. For me, it was more like High School. I was so shy, but I always got a lot of attention from women.

Crappy hair plus shyness doesn't work. Period.

The other guys are right: Try Propecia and then see what it does for you and then go from there.

But I do think you are really overreacting and oversimplifying your life's results based solely on hair.

Hit the gym. Go running. Do other things that foster a feeling of pride, strength, and involvement.

I had crappy hair and while dating sucked, I am quite successful in my career and in business despite my hair. Certainly, if you are in sales or marketing, hair is more important, though.

Still, my point is you shouldn't view this as an "all or nothing" proposition.

You'll get an HT, and you still be concerned about your hair. The hope is that you are much less concerned about, and that other people reflect that as well.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

vbcbc,

Hair doesnt make the man - as they say, but in can make you feel better about yourself. I too say Propecia, 1st step, still not happy look for a "elite" HT doc find out if it is for you, it was for me and I am happy now, but some guys have been hacked so proceed w/caution....and unfortunately you may need to chose between a new car or hair - like you said it aint cheap! ?

I did get some pretty good density after 2 HT's and a far better hairline, allbeit natural and not too low for the long term, I style my hair the same way see my pics & good luck !.

NW