why more famous people don't get HT

I have a question to all. Why do you think most famous people do not get hair restoration surgery? I mean they have the money and it seems like everyone who has had the surgery on this forum highly recommend it. Do they know something that we don't know? I see many famous athletes, singers, actors, news anchors, etc, who could definitely get the surgery but they don't. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on this.

Thanks,

Interested HT

I think a possible explanation is that these people are well recognized and if one were to have surgery it would be fairly obvious.

Another explanation is they are simply happy in their own skin.

I've wondered this myself, and agree with the poster above.

1. Many are happy with what they have, and comfortable in their own skin. An HT can give you a boost of confidence, it alone is not going to make you funnier, wealthier, healthier, more liked by others, etc...

2. The media (people prefer an HT to be a private matter and most wouldn't want to risk making it a public affair).

teachncoach-

Don't kid yourself. Many VERY recognizable and VERY popular and successful "famous people" have had hair restoration procedures. The reality is that the results of the procedure, done under the appropriate circumstances and utilizing the current state of the art, are natural and therefore "undetectable".

Remember; the only transplants that you notice are the "bad" ones.

Dr. Timothy Carman

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

I agree with you both, and also I think a lot of them aren't aware of the tremendous strides that have been made in this field.

There is a thread you can look up where someone posted pics of some famous people who've had a ht. Damon Wayans, Dennis Miller and some others. The Edge (U2) had a bad one, thus the little beanie hat he always wears.

I'm with you though, as it seems like they would slide right up the road to Dr. Wong or Dr. Carman and get it done.

Word is that Matt Lauer wears Toppik, according to The Enquirer.

This topic is always fascinating.

Any time this question is asked, my first response is, "how do you know they don't?"

I bet that a number of Hollywood stars either have gotten hair transplant procedures, wear impressive looking hair pieces, or use a concealer of sorts.

Did anyone notice by the way that Steve Correl in the Office season 1 looks like he had a bad hair transplant and by season 2 (and all his movies), his hair looks great?

Nothing was ever mentioned about his hair in the first season or the change in season 2, so I can't imagine it was just part of the show.

Here are some pictures. The first one is from the Office season 1 and the second one is from one of my favorite movies "Evan Almighty".

7941068973_stevepomade.jpg7251068973_steve2.jpg

Bill

stevepomade.jpg

Mel Gibson, Axel Rose, John Travolta, Nick Cage and many many more. Stars are very vain and I have been told that if you see many of them in person without the make up an cover up you can tell. Think of Bruce Willis, he goes from bald to hair in movies. They can make a head of hair look great and even the lack there of.

I read an article a few years ago that said anywhere from 30-50% of the famous actors that have hair are actually bald or balding. Therefore, a good amount of stars have had hair restoration procedures. My surgeon (Dr. Tessler) has performed surgery on many local celebrities in the Detroit area.

It never occured to me whether Steve Carrell has "had any work done". I've always thought he has a great head of hair although the length and style has changed slightly between "The Office" and his various movie roles. I think in the earlier episodes of "The Office" he would have it wet and slicked back as evidenced by the photo Bill provided. I'll have to rent the earlier seasons on DVD and compare.

The first thing I remember him in was as the anchorman in "Bruce Almighty". I think that came before "The Office".

Phil

The first thing I remember him in was as the anchorman in "Bruce Almighty". I think that came before "The Office".

PCC,

I think you are right. It makes me wonder if perhaps he is wearing a hair piece rather than had a hair transplant.

The picture I posted above is fuzzy, but when you see the Office Season 1 (I own it), you can definitely see that something appears to be wrong with it - even looks "pluggy" in the front.

Bill