Lots of questions

Hi,

I'm a woman and new to this forum. I have a very ragged hairline across my forehead due to some previous surgery. A doctor (plastic surgeon) in GRand Rapids, MI told me he could repair it with hair transplants. I wonder if anyone knows of an excellent surgeon for this pupose in the W. Michigan area and also how long I might expect the recovery to be. Again, I'm not bald, just probably need a strip across the bottom of my existing hairline varying from a centimeter to 3/4 of an inch. I would appreciate any information at all as I am just starting this journey. Thank you.

Mary

Hi,

I'm a woman and new to this forum. I have a very ragged hairline across my forehead due to some previous surgery. A doctor (plastic surgeon) in GRand Rapids, MI told me he could repair it with hair transplants. I wonder if anyone knows of an excellent surgeon for this pupose in the W. Michigan area and also how long I might expect the recovery to be. Again, I'm not bald, just probably need a strip across the bottom of my existing hairline varying from a centimeter to 3/4 of an inch. I would appreciate any information at all as I am just starting this journey. Thank you.

Mary

Mary, I'm sure the doctor you are refering to is Dr. Ringler. If so, avoid him at all costs.

There are no excellent physicians in the West Michigan area. There are some near detroit, and some in Ohio. My recommendation, to start looking outside of this area.

Good luck, and read around. Then ask about that certain physician. You'll learn a lot that way.

Good Luck

I truly hate doctors that initiate women into h/ts for typical female hairloss. Now that you have been initiated you must only go with the best.This forum will prove to be a valuable resource to you.God Bless.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I am truly dumbfounded!!! This is the very first time I ever posted and you are right about who the doctor is. How did you ever know? He made it sound so very easy that it was almost a no-brainer. I'm so glad I received your post and others. I was stupidly thinking maybe it was something I could do on a Friday, go back to work on Monday, and that would be it. That is really what he told me. Thank you again to all that responded. I will do my homework.

But will one treatment do it or will it mean several trips? If I have to travel, it will be a consideration.

Thank you.

Mary

Mary,

Welcome to the forums. I am ecstatic to see that you are already receiving some great advice from other members.

Like GuitarPlayer said, do not let geographic location be a consideration in your decision. Plane tickets are cheap but you only get one scalp. Also, with today's technology it is entirely possible to perform online consultation with the field's top hair restoration physicians.

Some truly great hair restoration physicians nearest to your neck of the woods:

Dr. Raymond Konior - Chicago

Dr. Robert Haber - Cleveland

Dr. Ron Shapiro - Minnesota

By clicking on the above physicians' link you will be taken to their recommendation page where you will see their profile, previous patient photos, and contact information including a link to their free online consultation form.

Good luck in your search.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Mary, take your time with this. The hairline is the most important part of a hair transplant (in my opinion.) Plan to take a week off of work so that you will have time to travel and recuperate. Going back to work very quickly will just add unneeded stress to your life. Here's an even better scenario. See if you can schedule the procedure for a Friday and then take that Friday and the next week off of work. You'll have almost 10 days to recover. The scabs will be falling off by then and will look a lot better. Redness will be disappearing also. Noone will know you had a procedure and it will be your choice as to whether you want to tell people or not.

Many women are now getting HT. I would recommend Dr. Sharon Keene in AZ as she trained under Dr. Shapiro. She is female has a lot of female patients--- get a direct flight a few months in advance which will be cheap. If you have long hair-- you probably could go out in 5 days

• 7 months later...

Mary,I just had a H/T with Dr.Rahal in Ottawa,Canada.LMC hair transplant.com.Put this off for 4 years.I know that I chose the right Doctor for me,gifted and compassionate.Do yourself a favor,call and talk to the man.

• 2 years later...

I'm a 45 year old female and had my FUT procedure done in December 2008 with Dr. Rahal in Ottawa. Dr Rahal and his staff are very professional. The procedure lasted for more than 8 hours...1925 grafts- 3,675 hairs total. The first 2 weeks were very uncomfortable...(til the stitches came out).

My original hair started growing immediately after the procedure but I did experience some shockloss in the donor area.

I am now at 3 months and my "new" hairs are definitely starting to grow. The scar in the donor area is almost invisible and my hair has grown over it. I do have lots of pimples and have been using witch hazel. I still have numb spots on my head, mostly at the back. My scalp is still quite red and I decided to stop using rogaine for a few weeks to see if the redness disappears.

The most difficult aspect of the whole procedure (except for the first 2 weeks) is having my hair cut short on top of my head. with the rest of my hair being shoulder length, I look pretty funny...Wearing hats and scarves takes some getting used to but I'm actually starting to like this new look!

Looking forward to the next few months.

And yes , I would do it all over again

why did u have to cut your hair? it is not always necessary!

1600 grafts FUT Mr May (UK) Sept 1996

https://www.wimpoleclinic.com'>https://www.wimpoleclinic.com

1600 grafts FUT Mr May (UK) February 1998

https://www.wimpoleclinic.com

2475 grafts FUT Dr Mohammed Humayun Mohmand (Pakistan)

27th January 2009

http://www.hti.com.pk

3550 Total Grafts (3000 rear donor area & 400 from beard and 150 breast area) FUE & PRP Treatment with Dr Emrah Cinik (ISHRS), Istanbul, Turkey. 10th October 2017

http://www.emrahcinik.com/

My Blog & Hair loss website story:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1123