HBT.. another update!! 7 months. 3 weeks!!

I think growth has ended, but am seeing great density improving now!! This is a very exciting experiance, because when I look in the mirror, I see more improvement!!

Unfortunatley I have fine hair, which makes apperance of density less. But heck, it looks 100 times better than before, with continued improvement!!

This is my latest update!!

Front1-070605.jpg

Front2-070605.jpg

Top-070605.jpg

Left-070605.jpg

Right-070605.jpg

HairBeThere,

I've got fine hair as well, But, your face has structure now!, I can only hope the same for myself! You know you still have 5 months before the majical one year, your growth is not over yet-Bonzo

thanks for that Bonzo!! I am living the "high life" wih growth, and to hear real positive outlook, only adds to my expectations!! Thanks for the reassurance.

Thanks again, and good look to you!!

also, am looking forward to some update photo's of your HT!!

• Administrators

HairBeThere,

Congratulations on your hair growth. I know how exciting it is to have new hair and to go from a thinning to a thickening man.

You are certainly ahead of where you started from. But I do think your results, while natural looking, are not as dense as they should be given what current surgeons can now do. Your immediate post op photos also showed that your surgeon's technique was very invasive and your grafts were spaced far apart.

The end result of such a surgical technique is marginal and thin growth.

I know we all want to offer postive encouragement on this forum. But I must be frank about what I see.

I recommend that you seek out a surgeon for you next and hopefully last surgical session who can do a large session of dense and highly refined grafts. To learn more about recent advances that enable surgeons to use very tiny incisions and grafts that can be dense packed with minimal impact to your scalp visit http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/dense-follicular-units.asp

I know that if you are happy with your current results you will be much happier with truly state of the art work.

I hope you understand that my reservations about your last surgery are intended to be in the best long term interest of you and others in our community.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

This whole density thing is still very confusion. The guy who is shown on the sight you refer to (on the right) is one of Dr. Keene's patients. The text of this page talks about density of 50 to 60 fu's per sq cm, yet I don't think there is any way this guy got that density. He received 3000 fu's in an area roughly what I will be getting (90 sq cm). At a density of 30, that would be 2700. Even if he only covered 80 sq cm. (which is not a very large area), and received 40 per, that would require 3200 fu's. In fact, most of the pictures I see on the sites of some of the top doctors reflect a lower density. They talk alot about high density, but 2000+ grafts covering a fairly large area is not dense packing.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Pat, I think I'm going to have to disagree with you on this.

From your post, are you saying density over coverage first?

That can not be the only answer.

I think I'm a perfect example of this. I had a terrible head of hair that had previous work done. There was some slight pitting, and some cobble stoning.

I opted for coverage over density, to hide all the previous work. With doing this, I had a lot of acerage to cover. So density was out of the question.

This now gives me the apperance of thinning, instead of bald.

I definetly would rather someone say you've gotten thin up top, than say YOUR BALD.

I now have, if I remember the numbers correctly, about 30% density in the front forelock, tappering to the back 2/3rds from 25% to less.

2360 fu grafts, can only go so far. Especially when there is a lot of area to cover.

I appreciate your feedback and concern, but I am very happy with the results so far. Remember I've been thru the ringer twice, so I do know what a bad job is.

My opinion, is it's an excellent job, and I'm actually considering going back. But, who knows.

HBT - agree with you. 2360 can only do so much, and your improvement is huge. I do not think it's fair to question the skills of the doctor. Each surgery is different, and I personally lean towards coverage in the density vs. coverage debate. As you said, it's one thing to have thin hair, another to have no hair. I'll take thin hair all over vs. thick hairline and bald spot every day of the week.

With all due respect, I would rather shave my head than have thin coverage with a ht, I am thin now and I look better when I shave my head. Therefore I would prefer fullness over thin coverage.

ofcourse, Fabe.. Everyone has different opinions. I respect yours.

For me, I have a big head!! LOL.. A shaved head is not good on me.

But, it's to late for me to shave my head. I had work done that caused excellerated hairloss, along with some unnatural look.

But, a shaved head looks like a shaved head, vs. a bald area on a head with hair looks much worse. Think of it as framing your baldness.. Who wants that.

So given the option, people choose thinning. Like myself. And for other reasons previously stated.

But to say, shaved vs. thin, or thin vs. balding.. It's all a preferrance we hold to ourselves.

There cannot be a definitive line drawn.

We are all different, seeking different goals.

spoon, thanks for your responce.. I know I couldn't have said it better myself. Bullseye!!

Hey HairBe There...I'm 2 weeks post HT. I was wondering your thoughts on an issue I'm been thinking about. You look like you keep your hair long but for those who have had strip surgery and usually have our hair buzzed once a month, do you think the scar line will always be visable? Is buzzing no longer an option after a procedure like this? What is your scar (scars) like? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Ken-Providence RI/USA

Originally posted by Pat - Publisher of this Community:

HairBeThere,

Congratulations on your hair growth. I know how exciting it is to have new hair and to go from a thinning to a thickening man.

You are certainly ahead of where you started from. But I do think your results, while natural looking, are not as dense as they should be given what current surgeons can now do. Your immediate post op photos also showed that your surgeon's technique was very invasive and your grafts were spaced far apart.

The end result of such a surgical technique is marginal and thin growth.

I know we all want to offer postive encouragement on this forum. But I must be frank about what I see.

I recommend that you seek out a surgeon for you next and hopefully last surgical session who can do a large session of dense and highly refined grafts. To learn more about recent advances that enable surgeons to use very tiny incisions and grafts that can be dense packed with minimal impact to your scalp visit http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/dense-follicular-units.asp

I know that if you are happy with your current results you will be much happier with truly state of the art work.

I hope you understand that my reservations about your last surgery are intended to be in the best long term interest of you and others in our community.

Pat

Funny Pat said this. Didnt HBT win the contest , from a doctor reccomended on this site? I guess we shouldnt use that doctor.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

well, actually if your using a doctor because he is recommended on a site, then there is a lot you should learn. That's why we call it research.

A physician should be choosen due to research!

Not a site. Though it is an excellent start, but look at some of the excellent HT physicians that are not part of this site.

That was a really dry unthought comment, cas.

Something strange is going on here, and I am starting to get leary of certain comments.

And on the note of realism..

Thanks Fabe.. absolutly no disrespect taken!! Like I said, we all have our own goals! GOING BALD SUCKS!!

KenEastCoast, well... I'm actually starting to keep my hair buzzed for the most part, due to the thinning look.

I would suggest getting your own hair clippers, and working your way down to see what you like.

I have fine hair, so the scar shows after a #3.. So I kind of have an idea of what I need to use. Less than $20, you can be your own barber, if your clipping your own head.

It's all trial and error... You'll figure out the #..

And for god sake, your 2 weeks out.. Stop thinking of donor scar, and focus on those bad boys growing!!

BEST OF LUCK BUDDY!!

• Administrators

I resent the implication that the doctor recommendations on the Hair Transplant Network are taken lightly.

Hairbethere, You more than anyone should know how seriously I take the quality of the recommendations made on this site. It was based on seeing your before photos from your free surgery that your surgeon was removed from this site.

I do not hesitate to remove physicians from recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network if I have any reservations about the quality of their work.

I also go to great lengths to review their work and credentials prior to them being recommended on this site. However, if they are later found to not meet expectations they are promptly removed.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Pat... I never said "doctor recommendations on the Hair Transplant Network are taken lightly.

"

I'll be frank, hell.. I learned a lot from this site, and I continue to. I also, due my best to share what I learned with the peron in my best interest. That should be obvious.

But, I dont know the workings behind what is being said here. Things were brought in a conversation, you and I had over a phone conversation, that were said won't be brought up on the forum.

I respected your opinion, because they were yours, but know because I am happy, you brought it up publically.

That seem's you are taking shots on me, because I'm happy, with what you disagreed with!!

Hence my certain specualation.

Like I said.. I don't know what is going on here, but it was poor, and crossed what you said.

Thanks for that.. I didn't want to bring it up, and tried to avoid it.

All I wanted to do is say thanks, to all participants from which have helped change the situation I was in.

Originally posted by HairBeThere:

well, actually if your using a doctor because he is recommended on a site, then there is a lot you should learn. That's why we call it research.

A physician should be choosen due to research!

Not a site. Though it is an excellent start, but look at some of the excellent HT physicians that are not part of this site.

That was a really dry unthought comment, cas.

Something strange is going on here, and I am starting to get leary of certain comments.

HBT,

sorry, man. Didnt want to ruffle any feathers.

I was just asking a rhetorical question. I personally am happy for you and your growth. i know what its like to be a bald young man and go through a surgery to repair it.

Cas

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"