HBT.. another update!! 7 months. 3 weeks!!

HBT,

Good to see your update my friend. I have looked at your before pics and read all the comments above, still I don't know what to think. I have to agree with Pat that, considering the number of grafts, the result looks a bit thin, at least at the moment. If I compare with my 7 month post op situation, it looks like the majority of your grafts have NOT grown yet. I don't expect you to count them one by one but at the moment I would say less than 50% of your growth has occurred, which is probably good news since it can only get better!

On the other hand, you seem happy with your progress so that's the most important thing. For most of use, the purpose of an HT is to regain at least part of that self confidence we lost with our hair. If you are a happier than before, it was worth going through the procedure.

As for the "shaved head" bit, well I shaved my head for 5 years before having my HT. I thought it would hide the fact that I was balding, and would not listen when everyone told me I looked awful like that. Now when I see these old pictures of myself, I hate the look I had, it did not hide anything in fact, and on some pics I look like a NW5 whereas I'm closer to 3. Having an HT was definitely the thing to do, no question about that. I look younger and a lot more "professional" than with a shaved head, which is important in my job.

So keep taking the tablets, don't forget MSM and the rest to speed up the growth, and keep us updated. And I hope we can have that beer in Grand Rapids sometimes, hopefully next year when my trips will take me back to the US.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

This thread has brought to me a greater level of respect and appreciation for Pat and what he is doing here with this forum. Also in the type of action he takes to do it.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

• 2 weeks later...

Jacob.. no worries man.. I'm still here.

Thanks for the thought.

I've received so many PM's regarding, well, this thread. I never realized how many people actually cared about stories and updates.

So, of course I will continue to post.

I've just taken a small brake and will do for a little while. I've been dealing with self negativity, for years now.. Comments in this thread haven't helped, now that I actually felt relief from it.

It's been almost a month now since my last update, and I am still seeing continued improvement. For a change, I let my hair grow out. Much BETTER!!!

Again, thanks for your comment and everyone else.

As I said earlier, you are looking good my brother. What you have is permanent, well rounded and age appropriate. A girlfriend ( very hot)said she'd leave me for you if it was a straight looks competition. Go out and slay my friend, else I may, for you're just hanging around.

for the record i posted a link to your previous pics and then someone closed & locked that forum. pretty scandelous stuff.

i never get no love on this site from pat he either doesnt like me, or like non-whites, or whatever. i'll leave it to god and judgement day.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Originally posted by baldcasanova:

for the record i posted a link to your previous pics and then someone closed & locked that forum. pretty scandelous stuff.

i never get no love on this site from pat he either doesnt like me, or like non-whites, or whatever. i'll leave it to god and judgement day.

Cas, that is an unfair assessment and not the first that you have made against Pat or me. Sometimes just asking a question as to why something (a thread, for instance) no longer shows up will clear misconceptions before they start.

I am assuming that when you mean "previous pics" you are referring to HBT's contest entry photos or his surgery experience photo album. Those photos are still very much available, they have just been archived due to a lingering interest in the essay contest. Since we are currently not hosting the contest at this time, I archived the forum I had dedicated for all of the threads of that nature as to stave off any confusion.

HBT, if you would like them available for public view, private message me and I will relocate them so they are again available.

Cas, your comment was not referring to me this time so I am not going to demand an apology, but I am sorely disappointed to see that someone that has utilized the free resources of this discussion forum for over two years even considers racism to be a driving factor (or any factor) behind any decision made by its publisher and founder.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog