NYC doc-- Feller or Dorin?

kiss

Hi

I met with Dr Dorin 3 or 4 yrs ago, but decided I wasn't ready to go through the hassle then. I'm now ready to take the HT plunge.

I have done some research here on both Feller and Dorin, but many of the posts go back a few years, so I was hoping to get some current views or recommendations on either doctor(or others that you'd recommend in the NYC area).

thanks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiss

Looking online and looking at the docs best work that they are showing is great but you should do more.

In NY you have many great choices.

In no particular order and not mentioning the docs you already looked into:

Dr.True

Dr.Epstein

Dr.Bernstein

I would consult with all these docs in person to get a better feel for the doc.

All these guys are great docs with great reputations but all differ.

Some are a bit conservative while others are more aggressive.

Your personal goals and type of hairloss you have alot of the times help you pick the doc that is right for you.

Pictures are fine and wonderful...but would you buy a car by just looking at pictures ???

Meet them in person...it will help alot.

Good luck,

MH

imo, feller is the top doc in nyc, and one of the top in the world. i found him to have a much more aggressive approach then the others which suited my situation. i also felt very comfortable with him after seeing tons of patient results and not seeing a single bad report on him.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

kiss,

Dr. Dorin and Dr. Feller are top notch and certainly worth considering.

I encourage forum members however not to confuse online visibility for superiority. Dr. Feller does tremendous work and does very well showing it online. But Dr. Dorin also does high quality work but there's not as much online evidence.

kiss, I encourage you to consult with both of them, and do your research and view patient photos online or offline to help you make a decision.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill is correct, however, i never said i based my choice on online visibility. i visited both docs and saw patients in person and found feller to be better suited for my needs. best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hi Kiss,

Dr Jeffrey Epstein is also a recommended doctor in the NYC area. He will be there next week performing surgery and seeing consultations. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a time to meet with him. I would also meet with the other docs mentioned and this will help you with making an informed decision. Best of luck...

Regards,

Aaron

former hair piece wearer

1997 550 micro/mini

2002 1483 grafts

More to come???

Disclaimer: I currently work for Dr Jeffrey Epstein. I am not a doctor. I have over 10 years of hair transplant experience to share.

Dr. Epstein is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Aaron,

Clinics and their agents are not permitted to post on threads that ask for comparisons between specific doctors. Ironically, this rule went into effect at the sole behest of your client.

Furthermore, naked spamming and solicitation by you for your client, who was not even considered by the topic starter, is a breach of forum edicate as well.

Dr Feller,

With all due respect please re-read the thread, Kiss asked about other recommended doctors in the area and More Hair mentioned Dr Epstein. My recommendation was to visit you along with the other doctors mentioned including Dr Epstein and then make an informed decision. If after he consults with a few doctors he elects to have a procedure with you I know he will be in good hands.

Regards,

Aaron

former hair piece wearer

1997 550 micro/mini

2002 1483 grafts

More to come???

Disclaimer: I currently work for Dr Jeffrey Epstein. I am not a doctor. I have over 10 years of hair transplant experience to share.

Dr. Epstein is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Here we go....more drama.

I love you all...but some docs and patients need to turn off the computer for a bit.

Watch the horse race today or something.

Fast and happy growing to all my pals.

MH

hairthere,

I intended the above statement as a general one for members to understand, not to take away from your personal experience icon_wink.gif.

Dr. Feller and Aaron,

Dr. Feller, thanks for being astute however, this "rule" has been changed in the interest of keeping the forum "open" as possible. This has been discussed in great detail on another forum thread. Sorry for the confusion.

My personal opinion remains that physicians and consultants are best answering general hair loss questions, specific questions regarding them or their represented physician, or posting patient photos, however, as long as a post is not blatantly promotional, we have decided to permit consultant and physician contributions on these types of threads in the interest of patient education.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey kiss

My names richie48 on the forums and I'm from the UK , after over a year of research and no less than 6 consults around the world I had a hair transplant with Dr Feller in november 2007 , my blog address is under my name on the top left .

I know from my own experience that it's always going to be difficult to believe typed words from anonimous guys in cyberspace , this is were your own research comes in .

Search as many doctors in the new York area on as many forums and one name come to the top over and over again .

Dr Feller has a reputation as one of the worlds best for a reason , he has earnt this reputation over many years of top results , and the easy thing is it's all here with clear photos , patient testomonies , close up videos and many hundreds of happy patients .

Research is the key my friend , don't take anyones word for it , find it out for yourself and make your own informed and educated desision .

RESEARCH = TOP DOC = TOP RESULTS

It really is that simple , good luck my friend .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Bill, I had no idea that you had repealed the rule. I never agreed with this rule and news of its reversal does Pat, you, and HTN great credit.

Free speech and open competition has been re-established. I imagine Dr. Epstein isn't too happy about it since it was he who demanded creation of the rule in the first place.

I will post a new thread about "the rule" to those who don't know what it is and why it's repeal should be headline news on HTN.

Now that "the rule" is dispensed with, I am happy to supply Kiss with the information he will need to help him make an informed decision without interference from Dr. Epstein's office.

Below are just 15 RECENT examples of my work at varying stages of growth that have been posted on just the first 4 pages of the photo section of HTN alone.

Aaron, now it's your turn. Since you've thrown Dr. Epstein's hat into the ring I'm sure Kiss would like to see an equal number of your clients RECENT work. Please include top-down angles and well illuminated after photos as your recent posts lacked these attributes.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=143778

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=152356

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=154021

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=152767

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=148122

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=152026

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=151806

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=147255

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=152362

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=150394

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=155756

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=147522

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=153255

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=149145

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=143393

Dr Feller,

I'm not really sure why you took it personally that I recommend Kiss visit you for a consultation along with other local docs. This is not a competition to me. This kind of childish banter only hurts OUR industry. 1000's of people read these posts and for every one who enjoys reading it there are fifty who are disgusted and exit the site after reading it. You are a talented surgeon but you are not the only talented surgeon on this site. In my opinion, people should have multiple consultations!!

Dr Epstein is a Plastic Surgeon specializing in hair transplants with 14 years of experience. He has performed more than 5000 cases and if people want to see his pictures they can search old threads or visit our website.

Regards,

Aaron

former hair piece wearer

1997 550 micro/mini

2002 1483 grafts

More to come???

To everyone out there- Dr. Feller and I both respect each other. We're two of the good guys. Let's move on.

I have only asked that we protect the Forum's educational (and hopefully professional) integrity, nothing more. Let's make sure we not allow this site to become one giant billboard- we're beyond that.

The Derby was great- wish I had put my money on Big Brown- and the Atlanta Hawks.

Jeff

Dr. Feller,

I appreciate your support for trying to keep things as open as possible however, I feel that provoking Dr. Epstein and his staff is inappropriate and uncalled for.

In fact, your last post and challenge to Aaron is an example of why I created such a rule in the first place and now I feel that you are putting me in a position to reconsider it.

You should not be trying to compete for business - this is shameless promotion and takes away from the educational content of this community.

You are also making a dangerous implication that just because a physician doesn't have as much online visibility must mean they are inferior. This is not true.

Dr. Feller, out of all our physicians and beyond, your clinic spends the most time on the forums posting photos. Therefore, there is no doubt that very few can compete with your online visibility. But don't make the mistake in thinking that nobody can compete with your credibility or level of skill. Physicians in the Coalition are your colleagues and in my opinion, perform high quality ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation (just like you) and should be respected, especialy by their peers.

I expect that if you are going to post on these types of "which doctor" threads that you will do it with the interest of educating patients and not promoting yourself and challenging other physicians to put up or shut up.

Please don't make me reconsider reinforcing ridiculous rules. If we all work together, we can continue to educate patients without ridiculous drama and competition.

Best Regards,

Bill

Bill, i would really consider reinstating such a rule, because only a handful of clinics have an online rep, and these threads would be hijacked every time.

I didn't like Aarons response in the first place, as it was promotional, but then Dr Fellers took it too another level.

How can you avoid this if you let Dr's and clinics post on these types of threads?

Dr. Feller,

While there is no doubt that you are amongst the best in the world, I've read alot of complaints on this forum that people have contacted you and your office for a consultation w/out a response. Now the excuse of being busy would stand up if I hadnt noticed that you post here quite often! Showing examples of your work is great but if you dont have get back to people who would like to use your services, then those people would otherwise choose you will go somewhere else.

Originally posted by Aaron F:

Dr Feller,

You are a talented surgeon but you are not the only talented surgeon on this site.

Bill,maybe we should have this as a sticky.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

My apologies to all if my initial response came across as promotional. This was not my intention. Kiss asked for other recommendations and more hair mentioned Dr E, so I replied. I believe everyone needs to educate themselves and consult with multiple doctors to be able to make an educated decision. It's that simple......or I thought it was...LOL

FYI: I'm not compensated in any way for posting on this site. It is not part of my responsibilities. I choose to post here because I have 11 years of hair industry experience I feel can be helpful to share with others. I have shared my history in previous posts and I hope to continue to be a useful resource to all.

Regards,

Aaron

former hair piece wearer

1997 550 micro/mini

2002 1483 grafts

More to come???

If anyone was soliciting for business it was aaron, not feller and while feller was a bit harder than he usually is, it looks like doc epstein had it coming.

Seems to me that doc feller shows alot of his patients all the time,and doc epstein has little to show in comparison and is jealous.

I think the best docs in this business are (in no particular order) hasson, wong, shapiro, and feller. I can't tell the difference between these docs work when I look at their patient results. In my opinion, doc epstein has reached neither the quanity nor quality of these top docs work.

I don't see how you can discount the number of photos feller puts up Bill. If I were going to a heart surgeon and I had to decide between two docs, I would definitely go to the surgeon with the most number of patients under his belt who have gotten good reviews by the public. I think fellers willingness to put up so many of his patients is telling of his passion and his confidence. The lack thereof from doc epstein tells me the opposite and I would think he would settle the matter by simply putting up a few good quality pictures that rival the other top docs. Why doesn't he just do it and move on?

Then everyone go get a beer a chill.

Bruce