At day 7 and going out of my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats up everyone its been a long time since I posted here but to bring you up to speed I had a 2,000 graft procedure, my 3rd, on Dec 4th. Of course everything went beautifully but I am at that point where the lack of physical activity is making me nuts. I am off from work and of course have not been to the gym. Yep I am sitting around getting a big fat a$$. Oh what I wouldn't give for a chest workout right now with a half hour of cardio.

Arggg what did everyone here do to pass the down time and how soon did you start your gym routine again?

Whats up everyone its been a long time since I posted here but to bring you up to speed I had a 2,000 graft procedure, my 3rd, on Dec 4th. Of course everything went beautifully but I am at that point where the lack of physical activity is making me nuts. I am off from work and of course have not been to the gym. Yep I am sitting around getting a big fat a$$. Oh what I wouldn't give for a chest workout right now with a half hour of cardio.

Arggg what did everyone here do to pass the down time and how soon did you start your gym routine again?

haven't had one yet so I can't answer your question. sorry. who was your doc and how long does your doc say until you can lift weights gain? always been curious about that...

since this is your third transplant, could you answer this question: has your ht limited your styling options in anyway?..at the following site:

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...861/m/4951048253/p/6

would appreciate it.

I had all three of my procedures with Dr. Feller who I can't recommend enough. Top notch work!

Dr. Feller had told me in the past that when the staples come out you can start up your gym routine again but you will hear many different opinions on this. I am a little worried with this being my 3rd about starting up again that soon so I will verify with Dr. Feller beforehand.

As far as styling goes to me its only a matter of if you have coverage in the areas you want to style. You are not going to get your "teen hair" back but with the correct amount of grafts you can do anything as far as styling, perhaps just not as dense/full as you might expect.

You know what this got me thinking I have seen so many after shots of guys who got 2 or 3 procedures and went from bald to hairy but during the time they didn't have hair to style they forgot how to style it!

I mean come on, you shell out all that hard earned money to get a nice head of hair but you get that stupid greasy combed to the side look. Come on guys you got hair now rock out!!!!!!

thats what Im talking about! So, from your experience with your ht your not forced into the comb over anchor man look then, right? Cause when I see guys with that do (and there are *plenty* of them) I assume it is out of a lack of density. One of the main reasons I ask is because that is one of the main reasons i want to get a ht: a lack of hair styling options given my current hair line and loss.

If you get a chance, then contribute to my post which I placed as a hyperlink above., Hopefully this will encourage others to do like wise. Besides, there's plenty of good Alba pics there too...

Russtaman,

I remember you! It's been a long time, but I remember you well. In fact, I believe you posted on one of my very first posts over 3 years ago.

Welcome back to our community!

Surprisingly, I started my gym routine pretty shortly after hair transplantation. The key is progression and care. Maximize the repetitions and minimize the weight. Don't do anything that will put a strain on the scar.

So since you've had multiple procedures with Dr. Feller, do you care to share your experience and hair transplant photos?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Bill

Hey Bill I never really left I have been lurking in the backround. Seems your "the Man" of the message board now. Congrats! I was going to contact Dr. Feller about my pics and see if he wanted to put something together for the site. My camera took a dump so we'll see.

Russtaman,

I feel your pain, man...or, at least I will *soon* be feeling your pain! I am on the cusp of undergoing an HT w/ Dr. Feller. The downtime from exercise has always been my biggest grievance w/ undergoing the HT process -- the pain, swelling, whathaveyou has never been a big concern.

It's encouraging, wanthairs, that you resumed boxing after but 4 weeks. Dr. Feller has also said that after the 4wk point you can start to resume pretty much all types of exercise....a sharp contrast from the 6(!) month figure I received from another coalition doc...hmmm.

Keep us posted!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Take it easy with the weights. You don't want to do anything to stretch the scar. You can resume cardio pretty soon though ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Being a powerlifter, i was pretty restless during the 2 weeks of constipation.

Luckily i have a second passion, computergames, which helped alot, but there is not substitute for a good hard workout.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!