Dr. Hasson 3K-4K graft session in October

Ok...so now for my third and hopefully final session, I am going to be scheduling with Dr. Hasson for a 3K-4K session (or max graft possible) in early/mid October. I have talked with Joe and am getting ready to book the dates. I've been impressed with the results my first two doctors have given me, but time and time and again, I find myself amazed by the work of Dr. Hasson on this and the other site. Plus, they seem to be able to deliver the best results and the maximum amount of grafts per session. I will begin the scalp exercises tonight. Onward and upward!

Bill

Ok...so now for my third and hopefully final session, I am going to be scheduling with Dr. Hasson for a 3K-4K session (or max graft possible) in early/mid October. I have talked with Joe and am getting ready to book the dates. I've been impressed with the results my first two doctors have given me, but time and time and again, I find myself amazed by the work of Dr. Hasson on this and the other site. Plus, they seem to be able to deliver the best results and the maximum amount of grafts per session. I will begin the scalp exercises tonight. Onward and upward!

Bill

It will be interesting to hear your up coming post after your expirience with hasson and wong and how you compare them. Have you had your consultation yet? I want to go back in the next 6 months for hopefully my last session too, one big blast and be done. Im glad you are still around and plugged in.

Bill,

You'll be in the best of hands w/ Dr. Hasson! Congrats to you and best wishes for a plentiful harvest. icon_smile.gif

Your first two HT's look great..............you're gonna look like a Chia pet after this one.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Troy,

I had a virtual consultation...they are going to attempt to get 4K grafts, however, Dr. Hasson says I should need between 3-4K grafts to get what I want. I do look forward to getting it all over with...of course, october feels so far away, but I'm sure the time will come before I know it.

I have informally set ahead October 19th as the surgery say...I will formalize it on Friday once I get some things together!

Hairbank,

Thanks for the congrats in advance. Dr. Hasson has proven through many results I've seen to give excellent results...so I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon on this one. Thanks for the compliments on my first 2 HTs. It's coming along!

Bill

Congrats Bill and thanks for documenting your progress w/ great photos thus far. I chose Dr. True for my first transplant several months ago; were you happy w/ your results from him, and just thought Hasson could finish you off that much better? I'd be interested to hear your input. Best of luck in October, and hope to see amazing photos of you in the Hasson and Wong gallery in the near future....

Tkerr22,

Thanks man...good to hear from you too. I look forward to my surgery with Dr. Hasson (as much as one can look forward to the back of their head being ripped open icon_wink.gif. But I do look forward to the results.

L'Anonyme,

Thanks man. Yes, I think Dr. True did a fantastic job, but I also know that Dr. Hasson or Dr. Wong seems to get the most bang out of a single session and I've seen countless session pics from Dr. Hasson and have been extremely impressed. I feel that going with Dr. Hasson is a great way to finish the race.

Troy,

Thanks man...I have come a long way indeed. I know I'll be in capable hands with Dr. Hasson...I just hope indeed this is my last surgery. I'm going for the largest graft count possible, he suspects between 3K-4K.

Bill

Bill:

Congrats on your decision to have a procedure with Hasson & Wong...like many readers, I've also been amazed at the fantastic results that have been documented over and over again...if I could start all over again, I would be on a plane to the great Northwest myself...I know you'll have great results & I look forward to keeping track of your progress...good luck!

Mike

Bill,

went back and looked at your ht history and must say you are looking great. Your hairline is amazing when at looking pre and post pics, I bet you are happy too.

I am sure that you are excited to head on up to the northwest territory to finish the journey. I feel like you are going to the best.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Hi Bill

I have had 2 sessions with True and both have been truly amazing and undetecable. 1417 & 1476 so it's similar to you but I have one concern.. My scalp felt soo damn tight I cannot see how any doc could get 3000 FU from me.. Also, will Hasson make you shave the recepient area?? was the price relatively the same too?

thanks

JB

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

After my first procedure of 1500 grafts, my scalp was wayyy too tight. I felt the tightness and numbing for like 3-5 months. But after my second procedure with Dr. Wong, 3500 grafts, I had absolutely no tight feeling or numbness after 10 days or so. I believe that was mainly due to the scalp excercise that I had been doing 4 months prior.

Thanks for the replies. My scalp was a little tight with Dr. Katz and Dr. True, but nothing significant. I believe (though maybe I'm wrong) I have excellent elasticity even before starting the scalp exercises...but I'm doing the exercises religiously anyway even though I have 3 months + until my surgery.

I am not concerned about scalp tightness in my case...however, if your scalp remains tight, that will definiately affect the number of grafts that can be taken the next time.

Mrjb...are you looking to get another HT?

Eman...thanks for the compliments man. I'm pretty happy so far, though I'm envious of those with more density...I can't wait until 6 months after my surgery with Dr. Hasson.

Bill

Oh and yes...Dr. Hasson does shave the recipient area. I am accustomed to wearing a hat anyway...and for the first 10 days, I won't be going to work or seeing anyone other than my wife anyway....so I'll let my head breathe without a hat for that time, and then go to work wearing a hat until any redness goes away, and then just sport the shaved head look for awhile while it all grows in.

Bill

Hi Bill

I'm at 6 1/2's month in my 2nd procedure with a total of 2893 ( So far so good but still another 6 months of growth). I was around a N4 or N5 at the beginning of my surgeries and have taken propecia for 7 years which has stopped my hairloss. I will most likely do 1 more session to have a complete dense restoration ( fill in crown and top). I cannot shave my recepiant area as I think it might look odd compared to the back and sides after the surgery.. Nobody knows I had anything done and I usually take a week of from work and have used Dermatch for years.. I figure another 1400 - 2000 will give me a sweet head of hair !!Doesn't the scar on the back show when you shave your head?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hey JB,

Thanks for telling me your situation. yes, shaving your head (sides and back) shows a bit of a scar...but I already shave my head down to a one/two clip which shows some scar...but it's not super noticable, most likely because my hair is lighter anyway.

I understand what you mean about not wanting to shave the recipient area...but in my situation, I had so much shockloss in the front from especially the second surgery (all grew back) that my hair looked terrible anyway...so shaving it would look better in my case. That being said...I don't really mind sporting a shaved head for a little while, especially since I know a nice head of hair will be coming shortly after icon_wink.gif

Bill

Thanks F

Good to know.. This is the reason for my conservative approach at 1400 plus per session.. For me getting 3000 at once with excessive loss is not an option.. This in addition to not wanting to shave the recep. area are the items in my HT program.. For me more is not better although 3000 plus seems great regarding recovery time etc.. I guess, I'll get another 1400+ session and that will be it

Good luck with H & W . They seem to do great work..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks JB. I've gotten 3849 grafts to date...and if I can get at least 3000, that will be a total of 6849 grafts. I'm hoping that Dr. Hasson can take 4000+ but we'll see. Gotta work that donor area.

I understand...not everyone is in the same position. Do you have pictures posted? I'll have to check out the photo site and check them out if you did. I'd like to see what your work looks like so far.

Bill

Hi

No pics on here as I am pretty private ( nobody knows) Maybe I can send you some.. Funny my ex saw me today and said I looked different but didn't know what it was ( sounded like a commercial).. She then said my hair looked thicker.. I acted like it was nothing and just said it was just longer... I ', almost at 7 months and the 2nd HT is thickening nicely!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I hope everything works of for you Bill. I've heard a lot of good things about H&W. I'm not sure where they are located or their contact info so if someone could post it for me it would be greatly appreciated. I had my first HT on 2-8-06 with Dr. Cooley in Charlotte, NC. He did 1500 to tidey up my front. I'm now thinking of going back the first part of next year and maybe do some on the top which isn't very bad but I like to fill in some spots and I heard H&W will do a bunch at one time and then I should be done with it. Also Dr. Cooley is excellent and I definately recommend him. I just would like to see what H&W recommends for me. Thanks and glta, Joel