mega sessions

At one time they were. By today's standards they are no longer considered mega sessions.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

1000-1500 is a good amount for a nicely rebuilt hairline, I would think anything over 3000 would be more like a mega session icon_smile.gif

1045 FUT "hairline" with Dr Feller on Nov 05

825 "hairline" with Dr Loria "saw so so results" on Jan 01

MHR 325 "hairline" micro/mini 's 1999 "big mistake"

You must remember that any session depends on your donor area.

If you hair is sparce (thinly laid out) or you have limited hair due to the amount of hair left, a mega session may not be possible.

A mega session should be anything over 5000 hairs IMHO

From my prospective..........a mega session would be anything over 2500 grafts. When I looked into my first HT a little more than a year ago, I seem to remember thinking "2000 grafts, wow, that's a ton at one time"! Who knows what the new "norm" will be in a couple of years.

HT techniques have improved so much in the past couple of years that a person can get over 5000 grafts in a session. I think I a post from this site of over 6000 in one session not too long ago.

1000-1500 would only provide "dense coverage" over a pretty small area, like the hairline as Beefy stated above.

Hairbank

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

I remember eight years ago when I was doing my hair transplants that 1,500 was truly considered a "mega" session.

In my opinion, these days a mega session needs to be in excess of 3,000 grafts to deserve the term.

Ultimately the size of a session should be what's best for the patient - NOT most convenient for the clinic.

Pat

Bobman, feel free to add a link to your amazing Hair Loss Weblog to your posting signature.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

I not sure if bosley uses a different technique, but they told me that mega sessions increased the risk of transplants resulting in low yields because of so many transplants fighting over blood from the scalp. Just wondering if that's true.

Originally posted by murdoc:

I not sure if bosley uses a different technique, but they told me that mega sessions increased the risk of transplants resulting in low yields because of so many transplants fighting over blood from the scalp. Just wondering if that's true.

That is not true it's been proven by many doctors on this site that large mega sessions and dense packing fu's does not yield to the blood supply issue, thats just a sales pitch so they can get you back for more than one session. Your better off going to a ht dr recommended by this site. When it comes to ht procedure's your goal is for one surgery not 2 or 3, especially with today's technology you want it done once the right way.

1045 FUT "hairline" with Dr Feller on Nov 05

825 "hairline" with Dr Loria "saw so so results" on Jan 01

MHR 325 "hairline" micro/mini 's 1999 "big mistake"

Originally posted by rottun:

A doctor I am considering advertises that he does "mega sessions" at 1000 to 1500 graphs. Is this amount considered a mega session?

1000 is not megasession.

Anyone who can place 4000 grafts (that qualifies for megasession nowadays) can place 1000-1500 if you need just that many.

But if they consider 1500 a megasession, then they may not be the best choice IMO.

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.