5 Months After HT

About 5 months ago I had hair transplant surgery and I'm not sure about the progress of the recepient growth area.

Attached you will find three photos of the growth to date. I am a bit concerned about the density at this time. My understanding was that there would be about 40 hairs per square cm and to date I would say there is about 20-25 hairs per square cm.

Can you all please have a look at the attached photos and let me know what you think. After five months, I had expected more density and am a bit disappointed at this point in time. Is this growth rate normal or has something gone wrong?

HT_-_5_mths.JPG.04a2483693633e632bfcd9c6d3803649.JPG

About 5 months ago I had hair transplant surgery and I'm not sure about the progress of the recepient growth area.

Attached you will find three photos of the growth to date. I am a bit concerned about the density at this time. My understanding was that there would be about 40 hairs per square cm and to date I would say there is about 20-25 hairs per square cm.

Can you all please have a look at the attached photos and let me know what you think. After five months, I had expected more density and am a bit disappointed at this point in time. Is this growth rate normal or has something gone wrong?

J--5 months is simply way to early to quantify your results-- you have at least another 5-7 months before you can claim success or failure.

Take it easy and give it a couple more months

We'll be here to help you out if you need it.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

j-man,

B Spot is absolutely correct. Most patient only just start to experience new signs of growth between 3 to 5 months. The real growth is what happens over the course of the next several months. I know it's tough, but try to be patient and avoid mirrors in the meantime. It takes a good solid 12 months for a result to be considered mature.

Best wishes,

Bill

I don't have any before photos with me but there was no hair in the recipient area. It was the frontal region at the top part of my forehead where I had the HT.

It's difficult to tell in the photo but the area of concern is where the hair look thin and messy.

If you had no hair before than I would say for 5 months your doing pretty well! I would say you have another 7-9 months of thickening and maturing to go. IMO your looking good my friend!

Thanks dakota3! That's what I wanted to hear. As long as it looks good and my expectations aren't too high, I'm happy. I'm just not exactly sure what to expect at the 5 month marker.

Cheers,

j-man

I'm at 5 months and my hairline was planted at a greater density than yours, and I'd say your growth looks better than mine. I would say about 20-25% of the hairline hairs have sprouted in my case, but the interior hairs seem to be showing significantly better growth.

I hope it works out for you. Wait another 3 months, but by all menas contact you doctor!

Yeah 5months is way to early to tell. I'm at close to 2 months and my interior hairs are sprouting like crazy but my hairline is very slow. there are some hair on the hairline but no significant enough to establish themselves as my new hairline. But hey its only been 2months, i think im on an excellent pace.

J-man, dont worry dude, it takes time buddy. icon_smile.gif