Topic of Coalition Pictures

I'm sure that the question has been brought up before but could'nt find the topic posted. Obviously there are several important criteria that a HT doctor must reach and maintain in order to be considered for the coalition membership. Has it ever been discussed as to certain criteria that they must meet for their ways of marketing themselves. For example, I think that it would be extremely valuable if they had to post x-number of photos, different stages of the HT, certain lighting, several angles. There should always be a description of the # of fu and any other relavant info. They should have to add new photos every 6 months or so, etc. Obvioulsly the criteria have to be reasonable so that they don't have outragious expenses, drastic time constraints, etc., but I think that it would be great.

I understand what some have said like Bill, that you don't want to base decisions on pictures alone, but lets face it we all love photos. It also will weed out the docs that post pics of 20 yr. olds with 300 Fu to increase there already wolfman hairline.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I'm sure that the question has been brought up before but could'nt find the topic posted. Obviously there are several important criteria that a HT doctor must reach and maintain in order to be considered for the coalition membership. Has it ever been discussed as to certain criteria that they must meet for their ways of marketing themselves. For example, I think that it would be extremely valuable if they had to post x-number of photos, different stages of the HT, certain lighting, several angles. There should always be a description of the # of fu and any other relavant info. They should have to add new photos every 6 months or so, etc. Obvioulsly the criteria have to be reasonable so that they don't have outragious expenses, drastic time constraints, etc., but I think that it would be great.

I understand what some have said like Bill, that you don't want to base decisions on pictures alone, but lets face it we all love photos. It also will weed out the docs that post pics of 20 yr. olds with 300 Fu to increase there already wolfman hairline.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Nervous,

Marketing is pretty open ended for anyone and there is no criteria for a doctor to market a specific way.

But I agree with you...it would be nice if there were more photos and information on these doctors...but I'll add an addendum here. I am referring to photos OTHER than marketing. Marketing photos don't always paint a true story...camera lighting, angle, etc all can create an illusion of density that really isn't there. But that's one of the reasons why we have these forums with REAL patients posting REAL results. To me...a doctor's best marketing are the satisfied patients that come to these forums and share their results with the world. It's easy to tell, btw, between someone who is here because they are trying to help inform people or if they are specifically trying to market.

Now I want to be careful here...I know there are patients here that are also employees of doctor's clinics. I'm NOT saying that just because someone is an employee, it means they are simply trying to market. Surely marketing would be part of their purpose, but I know there are a number of people here like JoTronic and Spex that are here to help give real information to patients regardless of whether or not they are choosing their doctor or not. But there are other people who have posted here trying to "sell" their doc with no legitimate backup of any results, photos, etc. Those are the people to watch out for...if it sounds like an ad, it probably is.

that you don't want to base decisions on pictures alone

My main point above was that you don't want to base your decision on photos from the doctor's website alone, namely for the reasons above. Websites typically show the doctor's BEST patients, not the average. It's much better to look at photos from real patients on the forums and make a judgement on the consistency you see. That honestly is what drove me to Dr. hasson in the end. There are a lot of postings about him...and the majority of the results I've seen have been phenominal! Of course, there are other doctors that do great work too...but to me, I was impressed mostly by what I saw with Hasson.

Bill

I absolutely agree with your comments Bill. There is nothing so powerful for a company as unsolicited word of mouth testimonials. I am currently having my basement finished by a contractor that I had recieved two recommendations on from close friends. The same applies to HT. People that are satisied don't mind telling others of their satisfatory service. As you probably know, I am going in for my second HT by Doctor Hasson due to my being very happy with my first HT. I have nothing but good things to say about Dr Hasson. Additionally, I prefer the natural photos made by the people on this forum to the staged Doctors photo album. If you have seen my photos posted here, you truly understand what I mean by "amateur" photos!! Cheers

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

I appreciate your feedback. I am in total aggreement with you and I guess I didn't explain myself well. An unsolicited individual that is on this forum and displays several pictures of their HT is definitely the best form of advertising for a coalition doctor. My point though is that why do we have to search or wait to see individuals that have the gumption or technical know how to send in their photos. If these doctors are actually producing consistent and technically sound artistic hairlines and sutures why are THEY not demonstrating it on a regular basis. How awesome would it be if on their own merit they regularly posted a couple new patients weekly. If they posted on their websites quality photos (close ups included) in ideal lighting from several different angles and desribe the scenario behind each case, it would raise the bar for coalition doctors. Those not capable of producing the same work would be more readily weeded out.

Remember, there are limited numbers that actually do send in their photos to this site, but it is the doctors that have the "access" to the patients getting the HT and if it became standardized where all the work was documented with photos that could be viewed by everyone, then there would be absolutely no debate who deserves to be recognized as an outstanding surgeon and praised by us on forums.

Ofcourse there is nothing better that viewing the work in person, but sometimes this limits you to only a few individuals the clinics provide or those willing to display on the forums.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Chiming In!

Photos by and large (the high res ones) can really provide a nice "feel" for a Dr.s artistry.

Overall coverage and effect must be seen to truly be appreciated.

Photos are a good start, but during a consult, you better make sure that the clinic you choose has a room full of before and afters, and some patients to meet in person or talk on the phone with.

Great Topic!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Spex...for the following reasons:

1. Doctors are very busy...probably not a lot of time to post patient photos all day

2. Privacy rights. Not every patients gives rights to the doctor to post their photos

3. Patients have a choice whether or not they even want to post photos...many patients have come in and out of these doctor's offices and we never see them on this forum

4. Any picture on a doctor's website, even consistent updates, aren't nearly as credible as real patients posting their photos and sharing their experiences out of their own free will.

HOWEVER...some websites are updated regularly. Look at the video page that JoTronic just put up on Hasson and Wong's website. There will be an entire video gallery up there to choose from to see.

Dr. Feller is another one that comes to mind...he is constantly posting photos (of all sorts, his best, his average, and his not so perfect) on this site and other sites.

Anyway...I don't really have any other answers to it...I admit, it would be nice if a large number of before/after photos were available on a single click of real patients posting their experience. But nobody said research was easy icon_wink.gif

Bill

• Administrators

NervousNelly,

Thanks for your excellent suggestion. We have recently completely overhauled our photo galleries to enable physicians to submit photos from the front, side, top and back views. In addition they now all have the capability to login to our server and add the number of hairs per graft as well as details such as the donor strip size and other comments.

Some clinics like H & W and Dr. Feller have been very proactive and smart in showing their good work online. Time and time, and time again I pester physicians to also get involved with our forum and site to show their most recent work. But unfortunately most physicians do not take advantage of this tremendous resource to share their photos with this community.

I even recently created a physicians guidebook to make it very easy for them to learn how to post their recent photos. But as the saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Ironically the clinics who are smart enough to show their work do cultivate probally three times as many patients each month.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.