Dr. Duncan Simmons

sposthole

Dr. Simmons is with MHR. He is in the Minneapolis area office now but according to their roster he seems to have worked out of a couple of their other locations around the country as well.

I can't recall him specifically being brought up here before,either positively or negatively. The organization however has a very marginal reputation.

Phil

sposthole,

since you are in Minnesota I would avise you to see Dr. Shapiro in Minneapolis. He is top notch and performs state of the art work and has a great repuatation on this site. Dr Simmons works for MHR and you want to avoid them; many people on this site have had unsatisfactory results from MHR; with Dr. Shapiro so close and convient, I wouldn't even consider another doc.

I have seen some of his work in advertisements (I live in Minnesota), his results aren't too bad for MHR, but you would be crazy not to take a look at SMG first.

• 6 months later...

I had a very good experience with Dr Duncan Simmons. I had a HT in Sept 05 at MHR in Minnesota. He and his staff were very friendly. He explained me everything about the surgery. At the time of my procedure, I started taking propecia so he told me that we should work on the front area. I got around 1400 grafts and i am still satisfied with the results.

Originally posted by imun:

I had a very good experience with Dr Duncan Simmons. I had a HT in Sept 05 at MHR in Minnesota. He and his staff were very friendly. He explained me everything about the surgery. At the time of my procedure, I started taking propecia so he told me that we should work on the front area. I got around 1400 grafts and i am still satisfied with the results.

Sposthole,

No offense meant to one of our newest posters (today), imun, but I would listen to what the guys say about the Shapiro's. They have proven to consistently produce world-class results.

This doctor may be, or might become, the best in the world but the fact is he works for a large chain with a very spotty to average reputation for results.

If it's worth it to take a chance, when you can go to one of the world's best, then go for it. But, I can tell you from experience it's a bad feeling to wish you were bald, instead of trying to cover up a bad procedure.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Well i just told you my experience and i think Dr Simmons is no more with MHR. check it out under Minneapolis surgeons they are showing someone else. I dont know where he is.

Originally posted by imun:

Well i just told you my experience and i think Dr Simmons is no more with MHR. check it out under Minneapolis surgeons they are showing someone else. I dont know where he is.

imun,

I meant no offense, and he may well be a fine doctor. I can think of this good analogy, and use a popular pharmacy as an example.

There is a CVS in my town, and they have about 10 pharmacist who work over there. I'm sure some are great and some are probably average at best. The thing is, a lot of the pharmacist who work for CVS are either recent graduates, part-timers with not much ambition, or semi-retired pharmacist who didn't make it running their own shop. Some are also terrific pharmacists who just choose to work at CVS.

Now, there are also two pharmacies in my town owned by individual pharmacists. Now, I know to stay in business these guys have to stay on top of their game because CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreens are trying like hell to run them out. But, they are still flourishing because they are very good.

I hope my point is, there are good ones at the large chain but someone is taking a chance because some of these guys fall into similar categories. I'm sorry, but I can't afford to take a chance on some new trainee at MHR with my limited donor area and otherwise good-looking features.... icon_cool.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

• 9 months later...

Dr. Simmons literally walked out of the office one morning Feb 4th, 2008 (I remember cause it was my birthday) and quit when we had a surgery scheduled. Only on his good days(he's got issues) he is a decent hair transplant surgeon. He now works at hair club in Blommington if you're trying to find him.

MHR now has Dr. David Josephitis who is AWESOME. He cares about his patients does what is best for them. He listens to what you want and if he can't give you want you want he'll tell you. Dr. Joe has had to "fix" Dr. Simmons work at least 12 times. Almost every patient that has had surgery with Dr. Simmons and then comes back and has one again with Dr. Josephitis says that the experience is 100% better.

The best thing to do is to visit every surgeon and ask questions. Also remember that a surgeons staff does 80% of the work. They cut the grafts, they count the grafts, and they place the grafts. So also check out what kind of the staff the surgeon has. So if the surgeon is great the staff could be not so great. Ask how many years they've been doing it. A hair tech can't be fully trained unless they've been doing it at least a year.

• 8 years later...
Do you have any recommendation on a hair transplant doctor in Kansas City, MO?

I suggest you start a new thread to ask your question. This thread that has not been posted on for over 8 years.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.