• 2 years later...

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ASK THE QUESTION , WHAT COURSE OF ACTION DOES ONE HAVE AFTER A TRANSPLANT OF OVER 3000 GRAFTS WITH ABOUT 5% YIELD ? I HAD A TRANSPLANT 16 MONTHS AGO FROM A VERY REPUTABLE SURGEON IN GEORGIA WITH VERY LITTLE TO NO GROWTH AND $18,000 DOWN THE DRAIN . OUCH !!

Ron d

Sorry to hear about your experience, please give us the details of your story, the surgeon, etc... It is helpful to this community.

Ugly Man 4 life

I guess you are referring to low yield, where after strip surgery a patient gets less than 80% growth in the recipient area. Is this correct?

I'm really sorry to hear you have had slow growth.

As far as poor yield goes how do people judge 5% vs 20% vs 70% vs 90%? Is it just a guesstimate?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

wanthairs.

Originally posted by mmhce:
I had only about 20% growth

I agree with HK500. How is it that you only had 20% growth. This is very interesting and this community needs details.

take care...

yes it was JC . I HAVE CONTACTED HIS OFFICE AND THEY HAVE REQUESTED PHOTOS , WHICH I WILL SUBMIT THIS WEEK . UNFORTUNATELY I AM STILL PAYING OFF THE CREDIT CARDS FROM THE SURGERY AND CANNOT AFFORD TO FLY TO GEORGIA TO BE EVALUATED IN PERSON . I HAVE VERY LITTLE IF ANY DONOR HAIR LEFT . I DON'T WANT TO BUT I MAY BE FORCED TO CONTACT A LAWYER . AT THIS POINT I WOULD JUST LIKE MY MONEY BACK AND MOVE ON . THANKS FOR LISTENING . IT MEANS A LOT

Originally posted by HK500:

I am a little confused here...

Who is JC in georgia?

I know Dr. John Cole is in Georgia but I've never heard anything bad about him.. icon_confused.gif

Edit: Another JC that come's to my mind is Dr. Jerry Cooley but I don't know where he operates?

Dear Please Grow Please-

Before you even think you have the "facts" about me and my practice, I suggest you do some homework first.

Start by going through my website photo gallery, where you will see what is likely the LARGEST SINGLE COLLECTION OF HAIR TRANSPLANT BEFORE AND AFTER RESULTS, SHOWING NOT ONLY LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS, BUT ALSO A UNIQUE TOOL THAT ALLOWS THE VIEWER TO DRAG A MICROSCOPE OVER THE HAIRLINE TO ALLOW ONE TO SEE HOW TRULY NATURAL THE RESULTS ARE.

Do you have any idea how many of my happy patients have in fact written into this website? Have you ever done a search to see that there are over 1300 comments about me on this site, the overwhelming majority from my patients and others touting my fine work not only in primary cases but also in reparative work? Do you also have any idea how many procedures I perform every year? Do you know that the average time my top techs have been with me is over 5 years? Do you know that one of the most challenging procedures - eyebrow transplants- from an artistic and technical aspect- is something in which I specialize, and that over 30% of my work is reparative?

I urge anyone out there to really research their surgeon, do a "find" search under this site, speak with some of his / her patients, and look at the artistry of results, then make your own mind up.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS

Miami and NYC

I will not give the surgeons name. I just don't have it in me. I also want to add how great the staff was . The entire group was extremely friendly and caring .Simply put , the hair just didn't grow. I sent them pictues today and i am waiting on there evaluation. I an hoping for some sort of refund so i can hopefully try again . Can anyone out there give me some sound advice on where to go ? I may contact H & W and send some pictures to them . Right now i am broke . I have 3 daughters , 2 in college and 1 going in next year.I work 65 hrs a week to support my family and can't afford anything right now. I'n not looking for sympathy , these are just the facts. I made this decision and will live with it and take it like a man . Thanks again to all those who listen and comment . I will keep you all updated .

Dr Epstein I know more about you then you think I do. icon_wink.gif

Without ruffling to many feathers I will say this .

DID YOU KNOW THAT RYAN HOWARD WHO LEAD THE PHILLIES IN HRS LAST YEAR ALSO LEAD THE LEAGUE IN STRIKEOUTS?

The fact stands that there have been alot of complaints about you compared to the other coalition ,and even recommended surgeons.

Are they all justified ,well not sure but there has been quite a few.

Now we hear you returned the money to a guy in exchange for his silence and hopefully just because it was the right thing to do . It still shouldnt have came to that. Wasted grafts should be a crime

Is this not true?

Maybe like it was pointed out before that all those surgeries you constantly remind us of have ALOT to do with this.

Im not here to bash you at all, just call it like I see it . I want all surgeons to deliver the best results possible

I dont care what doctor gets mad at me though if Im being truthful.

I believe a patient is taking a chance going to one of your clinics at this time.

That being said you have posted some nice results in the past ,just alot of inconsistencies and complaints in the last year.

Ok Im ready for you to start yelling again icon_smile.gif

PGP, Firstly, you are wrong to just assume the doctor ron d went to is epstein, no matter what you think of him and his work. What you're doing is slanderous.

Secondly, we should keep this thread on topic. Regarding the first poster's question, I'm not sure there is a valid explanation as to why people have slow growth. Everyone has different physiology. That being said, I think when we talk slow growth it's usually sprouting at say 5-6 months. 12 months is an extreme and I'm sure very rare case.

In ron d's case, he's not a slow grower, he's a no grower. unfortunately there are no guarantees with plastic surgery and when you sign that waiver you basically affirm this. getting a lawyer will likely do nothing but drain more of your hard-earned money. this is not a medical malptractice case so there's not much a lawyer can do. i would do my best to get some reimbursment from the ht clinic. DO NOT take an offer for more free surgery. they didn't do it right the first time so why would you expect better results the second time?

best of luck to you.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

JC from Georgia is not Jerry Cooley as he practices in North Carolina and does not do FUE.

Rond D:

Sorry to hear about your result. Hopefully you will try strip surgery next time, with a doctor from the Coalition.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Ok to get this back on tract to UMFL question not Rons growth here is what Rassman says.

Ron maybe start a new thread so more will see and give advice

http://www.baldingblog.com/200...ressed-with-results/

<a href="http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/news/article.asp?CopyID=614" target="_blank">http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...ticle.asp?CopyID=614

</a>

Ok heres what I was looking for

http://www.hairtransplantguide...t/complications.html

"....as a condition for a refund I have been forcibly muzzled."

Classy. So a patient goes through an invasive operation, builds a year of their life around it, has their donor raped, and transparency silenced....and the "payback" reward is that they didn't have to actually *pay* for all that....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I just had 1600 FUE done by Dr. Epstein in November in his Miami clinic over 2 days - so far, I have nothing negative to say - everything went according to plan - am actually showing a few pimples, which I hope are signs of upcoming growth.

Will post results in a couple of months. I have to say about him that he seems very professional and of good ethics.