Dr. Rose

Does anyone have any feedback on Dr. Rose? He is right here in my town, but I haven't seen him for a consultation because 1.) his website has no pictures, 2.) I have seen all of 4 people on here who made a weblog with him as their surgeon, and 3.) I haven't really talked to anyone other than Pat who has actually had a procedure done there.

I realize that I might just be missing something... has anyone had a procedure done with him? Or know anything?

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

Does anyone have any feedback on Dr. Rose? He is right here in my town, but I haven't seen him for a consultation because 1.) his website has no pictures, 2.) I have seen all of 4 people on here who made a weblog with him as their surgeon, and 3.) I haven't really talked to anyone other than Pat who has actually had a procedure done there.

I realize that I might just be missing something... has anyone had a procedure done with him? Or know anything?

-Steve

Yeah, its Paul Rose in Florida. I admit I have seen him on a lot of peoples "top 5" lists, and thats what got me intrigued. But like Bill, I haven't seen a lot of his work on here. The lack of photos on his website is also disheartening.

Anyone know why thats the case? You'd think a great HT doctor would have lots of past patients posting that hes a great HT doctor. I don't doubt that he is, just wondering why the lack of evidence.

-Steve

Guest wanthairs

emu...

I felt the same way you do. I live down the street from Dr. Rose but his website had no information and I could not find any patients apart from Pat, and then I noticed he never went back there, so i figured if its not good for him, its not good for me. But it would have been so convenient. I have heard that Dr. Rose is outstanding for FUE though, and I may use him at the end when Ive depleted my strip.

I have heard nothing but positive stuff about Dr. Rose, but also have not seen alot of his work and his website isn't great. I just seem to read positive comments about him every now and again. I have a feeling that he is a low key doctor and doesn't actively try and promote his work. I also like the fact that he is progressive and does both fue and strip. I would definitely suggest having a consultation with him, though.

Emu,

I am sorry to hear you are not getting all the information you need about Dr. Rose. Since Dr. Rose was with another group, SMG, for years, many of the photos are not necessary at our fingertips. As far as the clinic in Tampa, well, photos were not the biggest priority for a while, although we understand these are important for prospective patients. Truthseeker is right; Paul is pretty low key and sometimes recoils from self-promotion. But I assure you that his work is nothing but top notch.

You might find it helpful to do a search on Dr. Rose with the find feature on this forum. Over the years many posters have had surgery with Dr. Rose and the comments are very positive, pretty much across the boards.

I let Paul know that you would like to get a hold of some of the patients, so we are getting some contact info together for you.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

As others have said...

Patient feedback is a vital part of making a decision process.

Personally I'm disappointed that there isn't a lot of patient posted public information about Dr. Rose online. Hopefully with time this will change.

Now if we can just find a way to encourage PATIENTS to post results as frequently as consultants icon_smile.gif.

TheHairLossCure,

Truthseekers and wanthairs is right...it's probably time for a website overhaul!

I agree that self-promotion is not the best idea - but providing accurate representations of his work on his website would certainly help!

Bill

Guest wanthairs

oh god I should check my spelling sometimes....

I am interested in large sessions, Iwill need one for my crown in a few months. Obviously I am interested in moving more hair than grafts....

I agree wanthairs. When I say he is right down the street, I mean that literally... I drove right past his office on Swann ave just yesterday (I had made a mental note to look for it). It's a large medical building right next to a hospital.

Dr. Rose is the president of the ISHRS, so he obviously knows what hes doing. Unfortunately, I want to feel 110% comfortable, and I just haven't seen enough info on him to know exactly what I'd be getting myself into.

I'd really like to encourage any previous patients of Dr Rose to post their results and experience on this thread... I did a search, but a lot of the information available on Dr. Rose is back from 04' and 05'.

Hairlosscure, I'd be very interested in meeting some of his past patients and seeing some of his past work. At the end of this month, I am flying all the way to Vancouver for a consult with H&W... being able to have a consult with a top doc 15 minutes away by car would be appealing.

-Steve

I did an online consultation with Dr. Paul Rose and I was impress with his response to me. To tell you the truth, he was one of the top three doctors on my list when deciding about who to choose for my HT. This is what I like about Dr. Paul Rose:

1). Attention to detail on the hairline eg. selection of finer single hairs to be placed on the hairline.

2). Great reputation and results for donor trico closure where he trims the under edge vs. upper.

3). Great reputation for both Strip and FUE and in general technically fluent with a wide range of techniques/methodologies in his arsenal.

I mean if his clinic is just a step away from where you live, why not go for a free consultation? Good luck.

Emu,

I had a FUE session with Dr. Rose last month and am going back tomorrow for another. I am very impressed with his work. So far nothing but positive things to say.

PJ

Dr. Rose is a fantastic doctor, and the work I have seen is among the best, no question.

I think if you live that close you would be doing yourself a real disservice by not stopping in for a consult.

His closures are among the best in the entire industry and his hairline work is among the best as well.

Unless you desire a session of 4000 grafts or greater, in my opinion there would be no reason to go anywhere else.

(HLC can attest, but I think Dr. Rose does up to 4000 grafts in one session now, I could be wrong tho')

Good Luck!

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hmm. Okay, I'm sold for a consult. I'll schedule one tomorrow and check it out. I'll also be sure to post my experience on here to share with everyone.

Does anyone know how much he charges per graft? Is it comparable to other clinics (eg, 4.50 for the first 200, 2.50 after, etc?).

I looked on his website but, of course, it doesn't say. =)

lol. I own a web design company... maybe I should offer to trade services with him. =)

-Steve

Emu,

Couple comments here...

First, feel free to call in. Or if you like, you can email Laura at lciurlizza@tampadermatology.com. She can get you going on a consult and/or fix you up with some local patients etc.

Regarding larger sessions: Dr. Rose and the staff can do mega-sessions, but patients need to meet a criteria (moderate/advanced loss, high laxity, high density, minimal risk of shock loss in recipient area).

Dr. Rose is very meticulous about getting small strip scars. Part of getting a fine scar is wound closure without tension. As a result, Dr. Rose rarely removes tissue in excess of 1.5 cm wide (usually it is 1-1.3 cm). The donor harvest is a balancing act between getting an unnoticeable scar with the Ledge closure, and getting the graft numbers. B-Spot's comments are fair re: session size, as one would need very good density to get 4,000+ intact units from a relatively narrow strip. It happens though.

As wanthairs states, patient should be interested in moving hair, not necessarily grafts. It very rare that Dr. Rose has the staff divide the large natural groupings from the strip into singles and doubles. That strategy has its place, but Dr. Rose tends to avoid it unless deemed necessary to build a hairline. The average donor area has more 2-hair groupings, followed by 1s and 3s, with a smaller amount of 4-, and sometimes even 5-hair groups. In Dr. Rose's hands, there is a similar breakdown when the hair is transplanted to the recipient area.

On pricing: the surgery fee is on a sliding structure, starting at $5.00/graft (STRIP). If you have a moderate to large size session - 2,500+ grafts ??“ your average price per graft will be somewhere around $3.00/graft.

Hope that info helps.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Guest wanthairs

Hey ,

I think Im sold on a consult with Dr. Rose too.........

hairloss, how long do you make people wait after their first session before they do a second one?

Pat can answer this one for himself but I'm sure it had zero to do with quality. Dr. Rose is a fine HT surgeon, no doubt.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.