Dr. Rose

Hairlosscure, do you have any links to a place we can view photos of Dr. Rose's work, other than the 6 on this site? I found 4 or 5 photos on Dr. Rose's site buried in another page, but they were the same ones used on this site.

Also, thank you for the info. I've already sent an email requesting a consult sometime next week, and I'll follow up with that contact you gave me. I appreciate it.

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

I had a strip procedure with Dr rose on the 5th of Jan 2007. I think i'm one of those late bloomers, so i'm still hessitant to post.

Just a week ago. I started to notice a bunch of baby hairs/peach fuzz on my hair line, so im standing by for results.

I had 2100 graphs to the frontal area alone.

not sure man. He did place very few on my temples which I have seen grow more than the hair behind it.All this within the last 2 months, so i'm crossing my fingers that I am a late bloomer.

I try not to compare with results from others since I see some people have unbelievable results from the same number of graphs and in as little as 5 months... but I do recognize that everyone is different.

As far as the op goes, I had nothing but the utmost respect for all of his staff and himself. Just giving the procedure more time. Besides, isnt it 1 year that we have to wait? it seems like many demand 4-6 month results.

From what I understand, 4-6 months is when you should start seeing big results. I don't want to scare you, but have you spoken with Dr. Rose about this? What did he have to say about your late results? Do you have any pictures that you could share with us?

-Steve

I will wait until 1 year to make a true assesment. He never guaranteed anything by 6 or 8 months.

like I mentioned before; I maintain a positive stance and wait patiently.

Juan,

The fact that you see a bunch of baby hairs/peach fuzz is a good sign. If you are not already, perhaps you can use minoxidil to try to encourage growth. Furthermore, I've read that some patients don't see their full result until after 14 months post-op. Your attitude is a good one. Stay positive. Dr. Rose is a fine doctor and I'm sure he won't let you down.

juan, I definitely admire your patience! There's no doubt that everyone grows in differently. I personally saw growth/thickening of my hair close to two years after my HT. Good luck! I've heard only very good things about Dr. Rose.

WantHairs ??“ Definitely feel free to drop in for a meeting. I know Dr. Rose will be happy to talk with you. In terms of another surgery, it is good to wait about a year after the first session, give or take. Timing somewhat depends on the recipient area of the first surgery and the area you hope to treat during the second.

Emu ??“ I am not sure about Pat's reason for choosing Dr. Shapiro and Dr. Rose. Like Bill said, he (Pat) would be the one to tell you. I would just add the Paul and Ron worked together for many years, and I know many patients that have had surgeries from both doctors. Though I do not work for Dr. Shapiro, I hold both him and Dr. Rose in the same high regard. They are top surgeons, and artists.

Juan ??“ You've certainly had to wait a bit longer than usual for your first sprouts. It does happen though. The good news is that this "fuzz" you see will continue to grow, increasing in length and shaft diameter. It sounds like you are on your way. BTW check your PMs when you have a chance; I just left you some contact info if you have any questions or anything.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Guest wanthairs

Hey Hairloss,

Thanks I will contatc your office to meet with Dr. Rose.

Emusteve---Jeff Epstein will be doing consults at his tampa office on OCt 19th, if youre interested in going........

Ha ha. I actually just filled out a consult form on his website as well. Funny you should mention that. =)

Wanthairs, are you by any chance free to meet for dinner this coming Saturday the 8th? I'd still love to sit down with you and ask questions about your experience.

-Steve

Guest wanthairs

hey sure man........no prob, give me a call......you can also see my 4 month results. I keep my head shaved and kojacked , so you can see what a strip scar looks like too. I tell all the women some heroic story about how that occured and they all fall for it....

Ha ha. Okay, sounds great. I have your number from a previous message, I'll give you a shout early next week.

Thanks for being willing to meet with me!

-Steve

That is really a generous offer from wanthairs to meet with you (Thanks wanthairs). There's nothing like meeting with and seeing a result in person to get an understanding of what a hair transplant looks like. If a picture is worth a thousand words - then in person is worth a thousand pictures.

Wanthairs,

Thanks for your willingness to meet with EmuSteve in person.

Bill

Guest wanthairs

hey .......

I'll meet anyone who wants to come to St. Petersburg, Fl.

I understand the emotional devastation hairloss can have on a man, so I'd love to be able to help out any fellow sufferer...

Hi. My name is Tom. I highly recommend Dr. Rose. He has preformed two HT's on me.

Is office is very professional, and they are very good at what they do.

I was totally bald on top. The First HT he did for me, was in June 06. 6 months later, My front was pretty well filled in, then by 10 months, the front was filled in really nice. I was concerned because Dr. Rose told me I had thin hair, but I was completely satisfied with the results. I had one done again in April 07 on the crown. Now, its really growing in and I'm going to have a full head of hair on the top in a few months. I've seen other HT's and heard so many stories, but I have to say that Dr. Rose and his staff made my experience remarkable! I'm 110% satisfied with my results. The best thing, it looks totally natural! You can email or call me if you like !! new pictures will be up soon ....

Tom,

Thank you for the offer! I'd appreciate very much the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience.

Would you mind sending me a PM with info on how to contact you?

Thanks again for sharing.

-Steve

Also, I sent a PM to Pat asking him to comment about his experience on this thread (cant remember who asked for this). Hopefully we will hear from him soon.

-Steve

Just wanted to let everyone know what Pat said about Dr Rose:

Steve,

I think Dr. Rose does very high quality work. Although his session sizes are not real big. I did a surgery with him and I was pleased.

I suggest you consult with him.

Best wishes, Pat

-Steve