Misterno's falling hair - Update: 4500 Grafts with Dr. Arocha

misterno

If I were you, I'd go for a session of about 3,000 in the front third by one of the docs in Texas (2 coalition members and 1 recommended if I recall), get on the Proscar and try to grow some more naturally. After they frame up your face with the new hairline, a great difference will be made.

In a year, I'd go back for about another 3,000 to work on the crown as much as possible, and maybe by then the Proscar will have caused you some growth as well.

There are some weblog cases of guys with similar loss as yours that have turned out very well. H&W are no doubt excellent, but there are others near you that would be considered in the top 10 or 20 in the world, I would suspect.

It would be interesting if some of the doctors who post would give their opinion, as those pics are high quality. Maybe Feller, Lindsey or Charles or another will give you a free online consult right here for all our benefit.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

misterno, there's two approaches you can take:

1)Try for overall coverage with average density in one megasession--you could do another session later to add more density.

2)focus on the front first and then finish the back in a 2nd surgery. with this option you can also add more density to the front while getting coverage in the back in surgery #2.

For the first option i would talk to H&W as they seem to draw huge numbers consistently. for the second option you can also consider docs like feller, shapiro, and rahal.

you must be realistic with your goals and plan accordingly. good luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

misterno,

Dewayne and hairthere have given you some good advice.

With your level of hair loss, your hair restoration goals must be realistic as you will never be able to receive a full head of hair.

From the pictures, your donor hair looks nice and dense. How many grafts can be extracted will ultimately be determined by your density and overall scalp elasticity. Additionally, you will most likely need 2 larger hair transplant sessions (if possible) to accomplish any illusion of hair density or fullness.

Because physician selection is key, I strongly encourage you to do some research on this site and select a surgeon that impresses you the most with consistent positive results.

Best wishes,

Bill

well, thanks for being honest at least. Dr Arocho in Houston said he can do 5000 in one mega session with strip style and I think that will be sufficient to have a good look.

But instead of going for mega session, I am more inclined to 2X2500 and may be more, we will see

At this point, I am sendingmy pictures of Hasson and Wong. Dr Limmer in San Antonio has appointments no earlier than August and can not do more than 1750 per day so I need 4 days there.

So I am still searching

Dr Limmer in San Antonio has appointments no earlier than August and can not do more than 1750 per day so I need 4 days there

Just so you understand, strip surgery can only be done in a single day. you then need to wait at least 6 months for the donor scar to heal before doing another surgery.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Check out this gents progress after just 2600 grafts. He had characteristics very similar to yours. Some docs believe two sessions of 2500 is better than one session of 5000.

It's up for debate I suppose, but yield and safety seem to be the points of difference.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=30

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

I'm a Norwood 3 case who consulted Barnard Arocha's office, and was given a price. They are a bait-and-switch outfit who need to be outed as such. During my consultation, I discussed at length because I wear my hair short, I would need the FUE procedure instead of the FUT. I put down the $1,000 and made the trip to Houston from Plano (They have a Dallas office but apparently don't use it for surgeries).

When I arrived for a 1,500 graft procedure, I was presented a bill for $9,000 for the FUT procedure ($10,000 total for 1,500 grafts). I told them that not only was that significantly more than the price we agreed on, but it was for FUT. I was told that if I wanted FUE done, it would be twice the price, about $20,000 for 1,500-2000 grafts. Also, that they only did FUE on certain days (very occasionally) and today, unfortunately, wasn't one of those days.

Gas money, time off of work, in vain. Anyone who deals with Arocha will go through his sycophant, Eduardo. Eduardo is not up front about pricing, and after pitching "discounted price" (driving from North Dallas) avoided talking any further about it until I paid the balance. Maybe they do a good job for people, but they bait-and-switched me, and have yet to refund my $1,000 deposit money.