pimples on my head?

Guest bro66

I had the procedure on Dec 5th 2005. Some of the transplants look like pimples, mainly on the top and the back of my head, never in the front. I break them open and either blood or pus comes out. Is this normal? Should I break them open?

I had the procedure on Dec 5th 2005. Some of the transplants look like pimples, mainly on the top and the back of my head, never in the front. I break them open and either blood or pus comes out. Is this normal? Should I break them open?

Dunno whether it's normal, I've never had that. Crusts, yes, hair falling, yes, but blood and pus coming out, no. What worries me is that this is taking place almost 2 months after the surgery. Who was your doctor? Did you speak to him regarding this issue? I would NOT break them open before seeking medical advice.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

I had the same issue up to 9 months after my ht. The doctor recommended letting warm water run on them. I broke them and had no major issues. The same issue also occured in my donor scar up to 14 months post op.

Thanks again for the replies, I feel much better now, since it's normal. I still feel remorse sometimes, I guess that will go away once I start seeing results.

I didn't have "pimples" but had several ingrown hairs during the regrow phase. Could this be some of what you're experiencing?

Hairbank

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

Bro66,

Some times patients do have what is called "folliculitus", which are basically pimples caused by some of the new hairs being ingrown under the skin.

Basically treat them as you would a zit. A warm compress and gentle squezing to releave the preasure - almost like being a teenager again. As they say, hair transplants can make you feel younger.

I had a few myself. It normally does not last for long and once your new hair has grown in and is above the scalp you will be fine.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by bro66:

I'm 10 weeks post-op and just over a week ago I had an outbreak of pimples - each pimple had a hair sprouting out of it. I applied distilled Witch Hazel and it seemed to dry the pimples up almost immediately so there was no need to break them. Since then the pimples have calmed down and I only have a couple at one time.

PB

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, but it isn't as bad now. Been two months, my pimples have mostly gone. My Doctor told me to get more Antibiotics. I didn't get the Antibiotics for my Hair Transpant problem, but I had Bronchitos, so I got some for that. My Doctor told me to use Hotter Water when showering, which I did, it helped. My pimples are at a much lesser degree now. Actually, the Hotter Water feels really good on my scalp. I like using hotter water, feels good!

Guest bro66

Yeah I still get a couple here and there, nothing major anymore. I use witch hazel along with the hot water,they are usually gone in a couple of days. I guess the pimples are a sign of progress. icon_biggrin.gif