Blood work and sutures removal

Hi

From my experience, blood work (1) and sutures removal (2) can be a problem for UK patients going abroad for their HT.

Personally, I ended up asking my GP for (1) and going to ER (A&E) for (2) as my GP did not know how to remove them (!) But I am sure there would have been better solutions.

So out of curiosity and to help future patients, how did you UK guys manage these 2 issues?

Spex have you got any tips?

Hi

From my experience, blood work (1) and sutures removal (2) can be a problem for UK patients going abroad for their HT.

Personally, I ended up asking my GP for (1) and going to ER (A&E) for (2) as my GP did not know how to remove them (!) But I am sure there would have been better solutions.

So out of curiosity and to help future patients, how did you UK guys manage these 2 issues?

Spex have you got any tips?

Hi London traveler

I had the same concern. I did a quick google search on local Dermatologists in the UK, however, its somewhat confusing. On most websites it stated you had to be referred by your GP and some Dermatologists are contactable through your local nhs hospital for private treatment (dont know how much it will cost for sutures removal).

when you went to the A&E did they remove them? what did you say to them?

Hi Mak

Actually at A&E I produced the letter that my GP had generously written an hour before and it took two nurses 20 minutes to remove the sutures... I half jokingly apologised to consume NHS (public)resources for my own cosmetic little procedures - The doctor and nurses there were OK- I told them to be careful because I did not want the tricho closure to be damaged.

Needless to say my GP was less then enthusiastic when I exposed the problem to him initially- He tried to have a go but I guess the trichophytic closure was too much for him! So he handed me over to the hospital docs. Ouch.

Blood tests - no problem my GP arranged these and I paid a small fee.

Staples - Due to have them removed on Tuesday, I am currently on holiday in the UK but called my brother in-law (he is a plastic surgeon) and asked him if he would remove them - he said yes but suggested that they are so easy to remove (with the tool Dr Feller supplied) that it would be a wasted journey, he suggested my wife could easily remove them. I'll report back on Tuesday!

Tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

One comment I'll make about the bloodwork is that Dr. Cooley didn't require it for me or any of his patients. I'm not saying one is right or anything but it's a policy deal I suppose. I just thought it unusual how some differ on this I suppose.

Another doc in the coalition charges like $130 to do blood work, and it's required.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

My wife just removed 72 staples, no problem at all. Stings a little bit but really nothing to worry about.

Picture below taken a few minutes after removal of staples.

Tubs

Tubs_Staple_Out_10mins.JPG.8e07b66d166da38ff934bcb7c2045150.JPG

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

hey london traveler

I don't know were you did your research bud , but I've never heard of any UK guys having trouble getting blood work , and I been researching these forums over 2 years .

Me , I just went along to my local GUM clinic , or STD clinic , there are loads just look in your local yellow pages , ??35 quid and a week later it was done , easy as that .

As for staple removal , I spoke to my gp and she suggested her nurse would do it no problem , in the end I just did it myself with my girl friend , its uncomfy but it doesn't hurt really .

You guys worry far too much about everything , just chill out and and get on with it hahahahaha

Even Bill took his out himself , it's not really that big a deal .

below is a link to my DIY STAPLE REMOVAL GUILD with pics .

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=154859

Good luck

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Hey folical

I guess your the lucky one bud hahahah

I had to pay ??35 quid , that was what my local GUM clinic said it cost and charged me , dunno why , didn't ask .

The main point is , and I'm sure you'll agree is that it's really quite easy .

later big guy

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007