Who worked on Mel Gibson?

The guy was completely balding at a ceremony I saw on tv about a year back. Now, he seems a lot better, although still balding. I wonder if Dr. Woods in Australia helped him since Mel lives there? It has been widely acknowledged that the guy had work done.... but I wasn't too impressed by the results if it was Woods - pure speculation here.

[This message was edited by Kilimanjaro on December 05, 2002 at 09:39 AM.]

[This message was edited by Kilimanjaro on December 05, 2002 at 09:40 AM.]

The guy was completely balding at a ceremony I saw on tv about a year back. Now, he seems a lot better, although still balding. I wonder if Dr. Woods in Australia helped him since Mel lives there? It has been widely acknowledged that the guy had work done.... but I wasn't too impressed by the results if it was Woods - pure speculation here.

[This message was edited by Kilimanjaro on December 05, 2002 at 09:39 AM.]

[This message was edited by Kilimanjaro on December 05, 2002 at 09:40 AM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It has been widely acknowledged that the guy had work done....

Really?

I have never thought Mel Gibson had a hair transplant. Where is this being "widely acknowledged"?

Not that I really care, either...

Since first seeing him in his debut movie "Mad Max" I don't think he has ever had a HT !!

What about Bruce Willis ?

And again, $$$ in the bank for actors they should be able to disguise anything !! Who cares !!

I want to know what normal guys are doing for hairloss !!

Thanks

Alright I should have said "widely rumored" instead of "widely acknowledged". I read about it in some forum before and on the cover of a tabloid - I don't buy that crap. Just saw it on the cover page, but I didn't look inside to the page where the story was since at the time I was not balding seriously myself!

Anyway, I for one do very much care about these celebrities. Basically, they have the most money for cosmetic procedures. If they get good results fronm the best surgeons, it gives me more confidence. But than Tom Arnold was foolish enough to go to Bosley, and I would be very please with those kind of results. When these celebrities go to the best doctors, cosmetologists, dermatologists, hair stylsts, Botox Clinics etc... you would think they would also chose the best surgeons for HT's wouldn't you?

Kilimanjaro

[This message was edited by Kilimanjaro on December 06, 2002 at 10:19 AM.]

Yeah, I was watching Tom Arnold on The Best Damn Sports Show Period the other night and then I was flipping through the stations and caught an old episode of Rosanne from a few years back - he must had a ton of work done cause his hair looks pretty good. The other guys on The Best Damn Sports Show talk about his "plugs" and give him a hard time.....but he looks good.

It's true, most people do not have the kind of money and access to some of the things celebrities must get or have to do to maintain their physical image, but I agree that it is interesting to know what they've done and who've they have gone to....even though Hollywood is far from reality!

While it's true that most celebrities have more money than the rest of us, as a simple matter of "supply and demand" most cosmetic surgeons must maintain a competitive pricing structure and therefore are NOT altogether unavailable to the rest of us. Big money celebrities represent an extremely small percentage of the entire population or "market" and in particular out here in California, there are LOTS of cosmetic surgeons. Any businessman will tell you that profitability is a function of both price and VOLUME (number of units sold, or in this case patients).

This is not to say that cosmetic surgery of any kind is "cheap." It isn't. (Although certainly HT surgery has come way down over the years.) But I know of at least two well-known California physicians' offices who've done celebrity work and who are reasonable enough that they're available to the "rest of us."

I also know of several people up here in Northern California who have had assorted work done by some of the Hollywood "big shots." And while they can be somewhat more expensive than a physician that the "average" person might see, their fee structure is not necessarily prohibitive.

So I think that viewing and discussing celebrity work can be informative and useful, in particular because we see celebrities so frequently.

[This message was edited by HotCreek on December 06, 2002 at 03:49 PM.]

[This message was edited by HotCreek on December 06, 2002 at 03:51 PM.]

Who cares? A celebrity is just an ordinary person with a very highly paid publicist. Why not hang out down at the local greyhound station and ask people in the ticket lines who does there work? Tom Arnold is a completely ordinary Yokel, why do people even care? Notice that they never give a top or rear view of his head and when they accidentally do, then look at it. The camera on a set, like the publicity is always carefully controled.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Notice that they never give a top or rear view of his head and when they accidentally do, then look at it. The camera on a set, like the publicity is always carefully controled.

Life would be a lot easier if we could limit everyone to a front-angle view.

However your hair transplant must look good from every angle, as well as in the rain, wind, etc. Ask yourself (and your doctor) how many hair transplants can look good in those conditions? A Hollwood set has teams of hair and makeup people, and as Werewolfhead said, the camera restricts your view. Don't confuse show business for real life.

Other celebs who've had HT's that I know of are:

Former Dallas Cowboys head coach Barry Switzer.

Actor Ian Ziering, formerly "Steve" on "Beverly Hills 90210."

Actor David Spade on "Just Shoot Me" and formerly on "Saturday Night Live."

I don't think that Bruce Willis has had work beause he so frequently sports the completely bald look; which I think looks extremely good on him.

As for Kelsey Grammer, I don't think so either. He seems to have had a natural progression of MPB ever since his days on "Cheers" that appears to have advanced but substantively changed much.

I've heard, but cannot confirm, that Robert Redford has had some work.

And of course, guys already mentioned such as Burt Reynolds, Billy Crystal, Tom Arnold, Nicholas Cage and Steven Seagal.

The consultant at Bosley told me Dennis Miller had done work at Bosley in LA. He could use his name because he gave permission along with Tom Arnold, who wrote about his HT experience in his new book "How I lost 6 lbs. in 5 Years".

While I agree "who cares" about celebrity HT's, it is somewhat interesting to know and if YOU "don't care", why write a response? This forum is getting a little too testy....RELAX! Help one another....bashing each other's ideas or experiences works in reverse to what this forum is all about....to ultimatley help one another. If you're involved in personal battles on this forum, why are you wasting your time? I really enjoy this site because I have learned TONS of great information, and while I personally do not post that much, many of my questions are answered from someone else asking what I wanted to know before I could ask! If it wasn't for this site I'm sure I would have remained un-informed and back at Bosley wasting my money. Help keep this site's quality because it has helped many people like myself and has the potential of helping MANY other people in the future.

O.K.,

Lets make people real testy !!

Tim Mcgraw recently actually has decent hair on top all of a sudden,

My wife & I saw him with his 10 gallon hat off, to our surprize he has more hair on top then a few years ago..???

I know....Who cares ??? icon_wink.gif

Hollywood can be a stressful place. They tell me that King Kong in the sequel had some work done. They used whole swaths of buttock hair to fill in his lower brow area andO give him more of a menacing look. Controling the anesteshia was a real problem though and they lost a half a dozen good doctors on that one. Mr Ed definitely went overboard and insisted on having his entire Mane restitched. Had to have 3 sessions before they got it right. Rin Tin Tin spent so much time licking himself on set that his scrotum was bald by the second year. They had to move some muzzle hair down South it seems. The Vet that did that job got an Emmy for best hair and makeup that year.

And let's not forget Homer Simpson's hair transplant. Of course his hairline is what you might call a little bit "conservative;" probably got some consulting from some of our "local" experts. Of course that "Z" shaped configuration on the back and sides is a little weird. But hey, Homer's really just a figment of your magination, and exists only in those small illusions of space and time created when electrons smash into the front of those ubiquitious cathode ray tubes known as television sets,... and of course, computer monitors.

Anybody know if those lone hairs popping from the top of his head are FU's?

And what about Marge Simpson? I understand that Marge was formerly in the World Wrestling Federation and then went to a really bad HT doctor in Denmark who accidentally performed a sex change operation. Of course Marge woke up halfway through the procedure and smashed the doctor with a conveniently placed folding chair and then dashed out the door in her fluorescent orange leopard pattern speedos.

Anybody know the name of Marge's doctor? He probably works for Bosley Europe. You may wish to consider having some other surgeon perform your procedure. On the other hand,...you may not.

I wouldn't go to a HT clinic just because they did a celebrity. Of course they're going to use their best surgeon and do their best work on the celebrity, but that doesn't tell me how well they'll do on the average joe! It's fun to talk about (and speculate about) who had a HT, but other than that it's irrelevant.

Yeah, this thread is a trip.

And I could care less about the celebs, but since we do see them on TV, it is kind of neat to know who has had an HT.

As long as they think they had a good job done on them, then I'm sure they're really happy with their results and could care less who knows.

Knew about Arnold. Anyone else out there think that Chris Berman has had an HT? If you ever get to see some older footage of him, you'll see what I mean.