Question For The Veterans

Hi guys.

At what month is basically the end that any new hairs will sprout ?

I realize this question is kind've tough to answer because we all differ.

I'm 4 1/2 months out and when I lightly tap the top of my scalp....i feel tiny little guys that feel like little pins....I hope all these guys fully mature.

Again maybe it's unanswerable question...but figured I'd toss it at the vets.

Is there a average time in terms of months that the bulk of growth happens ??

Thanks guys,

MH

Hi guys.

At what month is basically the end that any new hairs will sprout ?

I realize this question is kind've tough to answer because we all differ.

I'm 4 1/2 months out and when I lightly tap the top of my scalp....i feel tiny little guys that feel like little pins....I hope all these guys fully mature.

Again maybe it's unanswerable question...but figured I'd toss it at the vets.

Is there a average time in terms of months that the bulk of growth happens ??

Thanks guys,

MH

More_Hair,

In the majority of cases that I've seen, all of the transplanted hair has grown in by 9-12 months, though late bloomers may have to wait up to 14 or 15 months to see their final result, depending on the cirumstances.

Hair however, will continue to mature up to 18-24 months which means it will thicken and soften to match the texture of your natural hair.

That said, all hair goes through cycles and will shed, and grow back. Obviously, this doesn't happen at the same time, or everyone would be bald for a time.

I hope this helps.

Bill

A couple of things:

There is a difference in what is commonly called "stubble" and new hair sprouting. If the hair you are feeling is something like beard stubble, it is probably not new hair sprouting. New hair comes in baby fine. So fine that you probably cannot feel it.

Second, most of your hair will sprout by month 6 or 7. It can then take several more months to become long and thick enough to be cosmetically visible. It can continue to mature for a couple of years.

Dr. Rassman's blog has something on this here.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Good point Gorpy!

I remember after HT #2 having stuble coming in around 1 1/2 months or so but determined it was shocked hair that was coming back, not HT hair.

Everyone varies on growth. Generally, the crown is slower. If I were to guess I'd say it's common to see evidence of new HT hair growth by 2-3 months.........just getting started mind you. For it to have much cosmetic significance I'd say 4-7 months, with more growth yet to come up to one year and a little past.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

The good news!!!

You are most likely getting ready to SPROUT but remember the hair generally comes out a bit coarse first and will soften over time.. For me , about 6 months give you SOME cosmetic difference but again it depends on the person. My hair has taken about 14 months in my opinion to "mature".. People vary though

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hey guys.

This is all great news....thanks.

The "new" hairline...although kind've thin... is nonetheless filling in.

Gotta keep telling myself to just be patient.

Sometimes it's hard.

You're right Gorpy....this is kind've fun.

Thanks guys.

As usual great support.

MH

For those of you who had multiple procedures, did you notice if hair took longer to grow after the 1st procedure?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Not really but I hope you are right.. Every procedure seems to be the same timeline for me.

If I am wrong I might still have some growth left icon_biggrin.gif

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by hairthere:

For those of you who had multiple procedures, did you notice if hair took longer to grow after the 1st procedure?

I don't think there was a difference for me. Maybe a little slower for the 2nd for me but that was likely because many of the grafts were in the crown. Look at my blog, even at 4mo 22days in the crown I had pretty significant growth so not too bad I guess.

Hang in there.....and stop looking in the mirror icon_wink.gif!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks guys. It's very tough for me to tell because the 2nd procedure was all done into either ht #1 hairs or native hair. i can feel lots of little stubs but see nothing poking through yet. I'm at 5 months almost....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com