my bad experience with DR S.Khan (San Diego)

triggerhappy

I had a procedure done with Dr. Khan in San Diego. The scar in the back of my head was horrible. The scar was wide and almost ear to ear. She only did 1200 grafts! As far as the top of my head, I've have seen some growth after a year, but I didn't see any noticeable density. She advertises with a satisfaction guarantee, but when I went back to express my dissatisfaction...she offered to fix my scar and an additional 1000 grafts for a higher price than the original 1200. She claims that her sales rep gave me too low of a price for the original procedure. Insult to injury. I will post the pics so you all see the scar she left.

keep in mind I'm not new to HT. Dr. Khan was my 3rd HT doctor after 2 others. I had a bad gut feeling since the first consultation with her, but I went ahead anyways. BAD DECISION

I just did my 4th procedure last month with DR. Deyarman. the new scar looks good, but i'll have to wait for the transplanted hair to grow. After a I read some bad Dr Deyarman reviews here, Im worried about more wasted donor hair and money. To be honest...Im losing faith in HT

------------------------------

Im just your average teenager...just that I'm 31!

I had a procedure done with Dr. Khan in San Diego. The scar in the back of my head was horrible. The scar was wide and almost ear to ear. She only did 1200 grafts! As far as the top of my head, I've have seen some growth after a year, but I didn't see any noticeable density. She advertises with a satisfaction guarantee, but when I went back to express my dissatisfaction...she offered to fix my scar and an additional 1000 grafts for a higher price than the original 1200. She claims that her sales rep gave me too low of a price for the original procedure. Insult to injury. I will post the pics so you all see the scar she left.

keep in mind I'm not new to HT. Dr. Khan was my 3rd HT doctor after 2 others. I had a bad gut feeling since the first consultation with her, but I went ahead anyways. BAD DECISION

I just did my 4th procedure last month with DR. Deyarman. the new scar looks good, but i'll have to wait for the transplanted hair to grow. After a I read some bad Dr Deyarman reviews here, Im worried about more wasted donor hair and money. To be honest...Im losing faith in HT

Hi Triggerhappy.

I'm very sorry to hear about your awful experiences with certain doctors.

Here's hoping that your latest transplant will yield positive results.

May I ask why you did strip surgery instead of FUE?

Guest josh - b

triggerhappy,

sorry to hear about your experience.

I done a google search on dr s khan and straight away this is what i found:

"The Dr. Kahn (female) of San Diego is appropriately named - she is a CON Artist! I encountered the same mini-graft problem as the previous poster. When I went back, after she guaranteed to rectify the situation, she left a gaping hole in the back of my head. She couldn't stop the bleeding for hours and five years later there is still a big bald spot in the back of my head. As for the transplant itself, it also sucks. In addition, when I went back the second time she waited until I was injected with pain killer before having me sign her financial forms.

DOes anyone know an attorney that deals in suing quacks like this?"

...and also this

"I know for a fact that Dr. Shagufta Khan is a FEMALE and works out of an office in San Diego called ILHT (International Laser Hair Transplant)

I know this because I had a HT with her a couple of years ago. I still have the paper work with her name and everything. She usually advertises as Dr. S. Khan.

As for the work she did..She advertised it to be FU, but it came out more like mini grafts. When I went to another very reputable dr. for repairs, he confirmed that it was mini grafts and I was shorted the amount of grafts I had actually paid for.

I would not say it was the worst experience ever, but I would recommend you spend much more time researching other dr's and perhaps find a much better option"

I didn't search any further.

Why don't you use one of the recommended dr's on this site?

Michael,

Yea dude, why did you go to a woman doctor? they don't make good doctors in general and I would be nervous with a woman surgeon especially.

This is an untrue statement that is generally offensive to women. Dr. Keene is one example of such a woman who is a quality hair transplant physician.

Let's be careful of taking stereotypes as truths because they are not.

triggerhappy,

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences. All you can do now at this time is wait it out. There was a time that Dr. Deyarman and His clinic did quality work. Hopefully they are back to doing such work.

In the future (if indeed you consider a 5th surgery), make sure you do a lot of research FIRST before getting in the chair.

I hope everything works out for you and that you'll share your experience/pictures with us.

Best wishes,

Bill

Mike,

Are you hitting the medicine cabinet again?? I don't think you really mean that do you? As Bill mentioned Sharon Keene is at the top of the game.

I would think that for tedious surgery like HT, a woman may be better in some ways ie: planting grafts, stitches. Do men type faster than women in general? I personaly would want women cutting my grafts for instance because they may be better suited for this close work, Men get impatient (I know I would). I would have no problem going with a trained surgeon like Dr. Keene.

You must know Dr Fellers staff is mostly women, why do think?? It stands to reason that some could develop into fine surgeons if that is their desire.

I don't think this is a gender issue as much as it is a hairmill issue. This women is apparently employed by a international HT outfit, I doubt she is the most highly skilled for that reason, not her gender.

Mike, first the Irish now taking on women? I think you just like to stir the pot my friend.

NoBuzz

Mike,

Be cool... don't be a fool. haha

Triggerhappy,

I am sorry to hear about your bad experiences with Dr. Khan. Sounds like you could have done some google searching on her first, because "josh-b" found several negative blogs. I realize that only the unhappy ones will write about their poor HTs, but combining your gut feelings with this information should lead you to another surgeon. Just look in the SDReader and this site, and you'll see tons of other surgeons.

I went to Deyarman 3 months ago and I am doing very well. What level of expectations did he set for you?

*WE (people needing/having HTs) should do a better job of telling a friend or loved one prior to making a HT decision. WE don't realize how much our friends help us make good decisions by asking us questions, hearing about our discussions with surgeons, and actually going to visit surgeons with us to decide if the person is a kook or legit trust-worthy doctor.

LOL, I have to agree w/ Bill that your statements about women doctors, surgeons, pilots, etc etc are pretty ridiculous. One has only to do a quick backsearch of your posts to realize you have some MAJOR issues with women, dude. Here's to some more hair helping you out with that....

another detail I forgot... She made me pay 100 dollars to a lab in the same building for blood work the morning of the procedure. She told me it was required for the safety of all parties involved in the procedure. Well, she started the HT less than an hour after they took my blood. After the HT, I asked if I was healthy based on my blood work. She told me I takes a few days for the results! So, how does she know is safe to cut me up before the results?!?!DOES THAT MAKES ANY SENSE! She made me feel like it was absolutely necessary for blood work before the HT. BS!

Wow....

Khan is also one of the most common last names in the world. It is more common than Smith.

Dr. Feller needs to control your meds a little better Mike. icon_smile.gif

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by nobuzz4me:

I would think that for tedious surgery like HT, a woman may be better in some ways ie: planting grafts, stitches. Do men type faster than women in general? I personaly would want women cutting my grafts for instance because they may be better suited for this close work, Men get impatient (I know I would). I would have no problem going with a trained surgeon like Dr. Keene.

You know, for many jobs in Asia, where such discrimination is not an issue, ONLY women can be hired for certain jobs. (Like assembling circuit boards and components.) That is EXACTLY the reasoning they gave when I asked why all of the employees in one plant were female: Women deal better with tedious work and men get impatient.

FYI: Don't attack the messenger. I am just telling you what I was told on a factory tour.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Originally posted by Michaellovesnyc:

Yea dude, why did you go to a woman doctor? they don't make good doctors in general and I would be nervous with a woman surgeon especially.

I even get very afraid when I get on a plane and find out that the pilot is a woman because they always make a rough landing. One even blew out the tires when we landed. I never saw that happen with a male pilot. Many women get in bad moods requently and you don't want them to be handling heavy machinery or doing anything where they can cause harm.

Certain things are meant to be done by men and surgery is one of them.

After early years of "enlightenment" (sensitivity, whatever you want to call it) and belief that women are men's equals, I'm coming around to this point of view. I am no longer "whipped" by the feminists. I suppose I am a post-modern man-ist. ??

Women are good at making babies. They are smart and have lots going for them, but they dont have balls and they dont learn the lessons that having a pair of balls will teach you.

IMPORTANT: MODERATOR NOTE

People,

I am all for having a little fun but this thread is going a direction that is counter-productive and can be offensive to our female members and contributors.

Let's please get back to the topic of offering support/help to "triggerhappy" and keep your personal point of views about women to yourselves.

All additional posts on this thread that are off topic will be edited or removed.

Thanks,

Bill